• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of trainer are you?

im a obsessive E with a bit of B. none of my pokemon are below 50 even in my PC box.

Going by the OP labeling, I'd be a B with some elements of E; I try for a level-balanced team with different types(I aim for certain level plateaus between each gym leader or certain major events), but I also try to get pokemon with the best ability/personality/stats that I can get my greedy claws on(for eventual breeding purposes).

I also make it a point since DP came out to catch a Sychronize Abra of each stat-changing personality(HGSS only made it easier, what with L15 Abra being buyable and all).

I'm a B with a dash of A. My Aipom is usually a couple levels ahead of everyone else; because I rely on him so heavily.

B and slight A.
It's always something like
n+3
n+2
n+1
n
n-1
n-2

No more than 5 difference is allowed, though.

Everyone starts as an A, I went from A to a brief period as a D, now I'm a B for sure.

E definitely. I have my whole party planned out before i play, based on type, stats, and moves. They are all at super-high levels all the time.

I've always been a Type B trainer, and that'll never change.

I'm a definite B for sure, though I used to be such an amateur who only trained his starter. I'm also a Perfect EV, Perfect nature kind of guy, after I beat the main game.

For the most part, I'm type B. I like to have a well-rounded team that has few weaknesses, and if there are, I try and fix it.
But lately I've been showing some traits of a Type C as well...

Type B

I usually tend to lean towards using weaker Pokemon like Shuckle, Dunsparce, Mawile, Parasect, Sableye, Togetic, Wigglytuff, etc. I guess I just enjoy using them more, its weird. Not that I wont use strong Pokemon, but I never choose a Pokemon based on how strong it is.

Im not competitive at all, although I like to stay informed of the competitive metagame.

Used to be type A, switched to type B a few years back. I can no longer see myself sticking to one Pokemon, which is the opposite of how I used to be. I used to hate training more than one because I didn't like how my levels fell behind due to training so many different things, lol.

I'm basically Type B and A

I have a well rounded team close to the same level although one may be a 2-3 levels ahead. I also Nickname all of the ones I use for battle.

I'd like to say b but I always seem to end up with a, the ten-level gap between my pokemon on HG seems to prove that...

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom