• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of trainer are you?

Strict B in game. THEY MUST BE EVEN LEVELS AND MUST NOT GAIN EXTRA EXPERIENCE AFTER LEVELING

Type C in the metagame, mono-type ftw

I'm pretty much the same. When you are going to battle seriously, do it in style ;) I use Dark/Ghost types mainly, but I also like Ice and Fire types a lot.

I am type B. if a team pokemon is one lvl below the others I become worried about the others leveling away from it. I always lvl my teampokes five lvls then I wait with leveling them until the others are on the same lvl. And I like Electivires a lot.

I think I was a Type A the first couple games I played, Then i learned that having 1 really strong Pokemon and a bunch of weak ones, doesn't really stand for crap if that one faints. I am a Type B Trainer, other than I usually have my starter be a couple lv's higher than the rest, but once i get into after game, Type E all the way.

Type B fits me the most. I don't like having one Pokemon outclassing another on my team.

Type B, most definitely. It bothers the crap out of me when my Pokemon aren't all around the same level.

B.
Sometimes not strict, usually when someone has type advantage in certain gym it happens it is one or two levels above others but otherwise I try to keep it even. However it happens that the types are not as balanced as they could be, just because I liked certain Poké regardless its typing or something similar.

B but thinking about types, effectiveness and attacks a lot, though I'll never invest the time/effort needed to do proper EV training, breeding, etc. Just cannot be bothered. I try to do the best possible while investing the lowest effort level possible :D

I'm A and E at the same time. Right now there is a 25 level gap in my team. My team is always mixed. I do try to have as many lv.100's on my team as possible

In the playthrough I am type B I try to cover weaknesses and create a team of 6 that covered all types. I also make sure to keep them ll at the same level.

I think I'm a type B trainer with a bit of type E. I always try to go for a well balanced team and cover weaknesses with the other Pokemon and their movesets. The main difference is that they're not always around the same level. My starter usually has quite a few levels above my other Pokemon. The bit of type E comes into play with mainly thinking about strategy, although I don't play competitively, and I try to get all of the Pokemon in my team to level 100.

I'm definitely a B-type trainer. I always make sure my Pokemon are roughly the same level, sometimes refusing to move on with the same unless they're all equal. I'll always try to make sure my team cover each other's weaknesses, though with my original in-game team that didn't work out so well, because I had two electric-types. Nowadays, I'll try to have a wider variety of types.

I'm a type A, but I'm trying to become a type B. I really don't have the patience to train weak pokemon, so I just end up training the one on my team that I like best.

When I was younger I was type A, and I mostly focused on my starter Pokemon.
Now I'm more of a B type.

Type B all the way! In fact, I can't imagine a better way to train. Also, a bit of type C, but it's unintended.
They must all be at the same level, and I tend to have pokemon that are more visually appealing than usefulness in battle.
I take it to the more personal level; they all grow up together, and I take loving care of each one. I might have to replace one down the road, but I'll still use him/her occasionally.

I feel I'm a type B, but I like to keep my favorites a couple levels ahead of everyone. I also sometimes don't cover a weakness simply due to the appearance of the Pokémon and if I really like it. One day I want to try and be a type C trainer and beat the game like that, just to see if I could manage it. I'll never be a type E, I don't have the time, patience, or determination.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom