• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of trainer are you?

I was originally type A, but then changed to type B after learning it makes the league easier to do so

I've always been a type B, even as a new trainer. I do carry a dash of type A in the fact that my pokemon are usually overleveled (by excessive grinding) and I nickname all my pokemon, except Legendaries.

Yes, I am that annoying GTS/WT person giving you pokemon with nicknames.

Type B, definately. My team is always a mixed assortment and are generally equal in level (give or take a level). Always have been, ever since Gen I. It may take longer, but it pays off big time in the end. While my Starter is usually the first to reach Lv 100, the others are not far behind.

I'm type B, although I nickname all my Pokémon, since that's pretty much the only thing making them distinct from all the other identical-looking Pokémon.

I was definitely Type D for GSC. The I moved into Type B for RBY. For the current XY, it is 90% Type B + 10% Type E - I have begun to think about the Pokémon's movepools and countering weaknesses at least.

I'm an even mix between Type A and B. I usually have one main signature pokemon (Often Pikachu or Charizard) that ends up being a higher level and my favorite, but I often have varied types, and try to keep my pokemon at an even level.

From my experience, there are 5 different types of Pokemon trainers. Which one of these are you?

Type A
Focuses mostly on one Pokemon, usually nicknaming it and having it at a much higher level than all the other Pokemon in your party.
Type B
Well rounded, all Pokemon are almost exactly the same level. Usually has a lot of different types.
Type C
Always focuses on one type of Pokemon, and builds their entire team off that type.
Type D
The clueless type. Doesn't know anything about the game, and plays at random until they get bored.
Type E
A hardcore gamer who obsesses over strategy and trains their entire team to insane levels.

I'm a Type A trainer, but I'm trying to focus on becoming a Type B. So, which type are you?

i consider myself a type F because i play these games very casually and it shows

Mix between A & B. I usually have a main Pokemon at higher level (about +10) and nicknamed. The others have similar levels, and are from varied types.

Type B. I'm a bit of a pragmatist, catching a lot of Pokémon and using them where necessary. So by the end, I surprise myself on what my Elite 4/Champion team is.

I'm easily a type B, with occasional bouts of type E. I try to keep my the mons in my playthrough team all viable, as well as keeping other options available. But I do like to develop and use competitive-style teams as well. Also, my nerdy roommate seems to think I have absurd super-powered breeding luck, which helps when prepping competitive teams.

Normally when I play through a game, I stick to a policy of "use what I find in the region" until I've defeated the Elite 4/Champ. Even if I do have favorites that I'd trade into a game, sticking with what the region provides me a chance and an imperative to explore options I might not have otherwise considered. Perfect example: in my playthrough of HeartGold about a year ago (when I got back into Pokemon), I happened across a little Paras early on, which was of course chock-full of handy status moves that were super handy at that stage. That Paras (and later Parasect) were very welcome additions to my team, and made Parasect my all-time favorite bug-type mon.

I'm a type B and I have been for quite some time.

When I first started out when I was young, I was sort of a type D who never got bored, with qualities of A and such mixed in. Like, in my first game, Sapphire, when I was like 7, I had my Swampert that (by the time of the Elite Four) was like level 90 and then I had like a dozen other pokemon I used sometimes, mostly around their 30s in level, with just a few others being around 40-50 like my Pelipper. I knew the basics, but for the most part when I was 7 I was just winging it, and being a little badass about it ;) I think I had well over a hundred hours in when I got to the E4.

I'd say I became a decent type B around...maybe Diamond? And I wasn't a pro type B until probably Black.

I'm a Type B. I also give my Pokémon lots of love and respect, that's how I defeated the champion in White 2 and Y. (other times I beat the champs in other games, it's because I had a cheat device or a couple legendaries)

I was Type A during my first adventure. I've leveled out to a Type B over time, and I'm trying out competitive battling, so I may be working very slowly towards Type E, at least in the post-game.

I've been Type A until generation V, where I became a Type B player. I prefer the latter overall, as it feels more balanced imo. Recently, I've been looking into how to improve myself, so I might be a Type E to an extent. However, assuming this is from a story-playthrough standpoint, I'm more of a Type B player, as I won't really get into the deeper elements of the game until I clear the story. So, call me a Type B player.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom