• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What languages have you experienced Pokémon in?

I've played PMD: Explorers and Alpha Sapphire in French. In the former, I skimmed through the text because it's been burned into my memory, not to mention that it was a fairly direct translation of the English script anyway, but I had more trouble with the latter because it was only my second time playing it. After the opposite-gender player character teleports you to the entrance of Mauville after beating the gym, I forgot that it was prompting you to go east to Lavaridge, so I spent an embarrassingly long amount of time going in the completely wrong direction to Fallarbor.

Mostly in English, but I went to Mexico for vacation once back in 1999 iirc and I remember watching some episodes of the cartoon in Spanish. I also played Red version in Spanish for a few days when my friend lent me his copy. I've also played Diamond, White and 2 Ranger games in Japanese even if I didn't understand anything lol.

Japanese for the most part right now, but I normally default with English for everything.

I only played English, but I've considered playing them in others since I'm obsessed with linguistics. I'd especially try Chinese since I'm learning it.

I've mostly played in English (and Japanese back in the early days of Gen IV / V before the game had a proper English release), although I do wish to play the later games in other language one of these days.

As for the anime, I've watched a couple of dubbed Brazilian episodes here on TV, but the bulk of it was subbed from Japanese.

A mix of Japanese and English. I played all GBA and DS titles main series titles in Japanese, but stopped at 3DS due to region locking. Really should get back to playing in Japanese at some point. For anime, I haven't watched it in English in more than a decade, apart from maybe a couple of movies that I had free tickets to here in Australia.

I have watched basically everything from the DP to XY Series' and a bulk or all of the Kanto saga of the anime in Japanese. Otherwise, my experience with the franchise has just been in English for everything (video games, anime, etc.).

i like to watch the anime in both english and japanese!! game wise last year i decided to buy a japanese copy of sapphire (complete in its box with all the old promo inserts too!! its like a time capsule) so ive slowly been working at that because i dont know much japanese aside from character names and pokemon names. otherwise all my game experiences have been in english though i am considering buying a japanese version of omega ruby because i think it would be fun to play oras again but in a new way also japanese carts are cheaper and i really wanna start speedrunning the game lol

I played from Gen I to Gen V in English (although my bootleg version of Silver was in Japanese for some reason, gave the 6 year-old me quite the headache). From Gen VI up to now I only play them in Japanese.

Now, for the anime, I watched until early-DP in Brazilian Portuguese (native language), then switched to Japanese (at first subbed) for the remain of the series. By XY I wasn't relying on subs anymore.

Watched a bunch of English-dubbed episodes too (all of Kanto and Orange Islands, the first half of AG and BW, a couple of XY and some of DP). IIRC I got to see two or three episodes of the Italian dub as well.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom