• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What level of emotion should there be when Iris and Cilan depart from Ash?

I personally don't see it being too emotional. This group didn't feel like they had the kind of chemistry any of the past groups have had in my opinion.

Sure they'll be upset, but crying and crap? I would be shocked if it happened. I don't see them as being that close that they'd cry upon leaving. Well, Cilan might, but that's just how he is. I don't see it for either Ash, nor Iris. Unless something happens between now and then to make me feel otherwise, I doubt this will be a very emotional goodbye.

An interesting thing to note is this will essentially be the shortest lived group in the series (not counting Orange Islands), so Iris and Cilan won't have been with Ash as long as everyone else. I wonder if that will effect anything.

An interesting thing to note is this will essentially be the shortest lived group in the series (not counting Orange Islands), so Iris and Cilan won't have been with Ash as long as everyone else. I wonder if that will effect anything.
I see your point, but yet Iris felt shocked about the idea of Ash getting back to Kanto and Cilan didn't waste time to convince him to let them keep following him. I think it will affect nothing at all.

Regarding Iris and Cilan, i have to admit they have lot of life and energy in their interactions with Ash and between themselves.As i already mentioned before after original trio i find BW cast have most engaging and enjoyable friendship established between themselves. From Iris snark and wildness being oriented toward nature relying on instincts, Cilan flamboyance trying to always look at things from scientific point of view and how for everything there exist logical explanation or Ash childish charm putting pokemon often on first place before anything else, clueless and brazen attitude they are delivering enthusiasm and lot of energy in their interactions fulfilling each other well.

As far as departure goes i imagine Iris will most likely be most emotional about it feeling down of having to abandon her friends. Especially since she didn't discovered true value of friendship until she met this guys being rather anti social and uncomfortable in bonding with humans due to negative experiences following her from childhood being treated as outcast.
And when she finally developed thrust toward others building solid friendship with Ash and Cilan i imagine it wouldn't be easy for her to just walk away.

While Cilan will probably try to keep cold head and remain stoic, suppressing his feelings while saying goodbye to Ash which was main reason he left gym in first place and learn about new ways of battling he wasn't aware of until he met him.
Or he could for all we know decide to stay with Ash and follow him to new region based on France dying to learn about their culture and learn more(eh if only we were that lucky).

Ash will be kinda sad and queer but overall i doubt their departure will hold same amount of tension and sadness like it happened with original trio split up for understandable reasons ill cover right away in response below.

I thought the level of emotion done when the original trio split up was exaggerated and overdone. When Brock left for Orange Islands Ash actually seemed happy about it for him, (and back then Ash didn't think he was coming back), yet when Brock leaves for Johto he acts like he can't go on without him? Despite Brock coming back 4 episodes later and then not showing much emotion when he leaves again at the end of DP? It was overdone for Misty as well, it made it seem like Misty was being locked away in a vault somewhere when in reality Misty visits again only 44 episodes later. And then when Ash does see Misty again in AG and she leaves again, both times he doesn't seem to care. I still remember the ending of AG134 when the entire group and Misty just go in opposite directions with no fond farewell at all.

It wasn't exaggerated when taken in account how Misty and Brock were Ash first friends he met on journey and companions with who he spend most time out of all other friends he traveled with.

Ash bursting into tears, Misty being on verge of crying being upset and disappointed over Ash initial carefree and Brock barely suppressing himself feeling melancholic was only sign of strong friendship, mutual understanding and admiration they build for each other and appreciation for everything his friends done for him helping him to stand on two feet, pass all struggles and emerge as stronger trainer. All three passed through many things together considering themselves like "second family "being only appropriate and within characterization to feel deplorable emphasizing on close bond they shared becoming much more attached and familiar within themselves than they were in Kanto..

Nonetheless your point about Misty leaving Ash again Hoenn doesn't help argument either because first departure from friends with who you slept, eat and did everything for long period of time(judging by 3rd movie reference, years)is always the hardest not being prepared for it. By than Ash got used to departures and his friends departing, and if i recall right Misty was still frustrated for having to leave Ash and others soon enough wishing to stick for longer.

So yes they cared, but leaned how to cope with leaving their friends and moving on.

We'll probably have some emotional level when they leave, but I doubt there will be anything really depressing

When they show iris walking off into the sunset there should be emotional music completed by Ash muttering to himself What a kid.

I think it will be the same as with the others, no major differences. The ones who will start to cry would be Scraggy and Axew. Iris would probably accept the Opelucid gym offer and Cilan will return as the gym leader of Straiton gym with his brothers. Ash and Iris may fell a tear, but for some reason I cant imagine Cilan cry.

I want Ash to return with one of the previous characters (brock, misty, dawn, may) and continue his journey with both his old pokemon and the new ones. I really miss the ones back at Oak's lab, like bulbasaur and Bayleef.

I'm hoping for a nice ending, I don't expect Ash to be distraught given he was okay with going back to Kanto so easily and Iris threw together a convenient excuse(Um....Kanto Dragon-types!(She owns a Dragonite already...Horsea's a Dragon though)) and Cilan just decided to latch on. It's clear they've both gotten somewhat attached to Ash in their own way and I really hope we getting a fitting Sayounara episode. Some tears will be nice to see as well, it'll be cute. Iris will probably make the biggest fuss and go and sulk in a tree or something and say something like "Ash...you weren't a kid at all." in similar to Shaymin's swan song in the Giratina movie where it finally said it really did like Ash. Scraggy and Axew will battle and evolve. When it comes to Cilan, he'll say something about how traveling with friends and experiencing the world has given him a new found taste of Sommeliering and he'll go to take his S-Rank test.

I'd like it to be more emotional than the original trio splitting up. I can easily see Iris bursting into tears and wrapping her arms around Ash's leg, while Cilan can barely bring himself to speak.

I have a feeling the BW trio splitting up will be the biggest impact a group had on the series...

I'd like it to be more emotional than the original trio splitting up. I can easily see Iris bursting into tears and wrapping her arms around Ash's leg, while Cilan can barely bring himself to speak.

I have a feeling the BW trio splitting up will be the biggest impact a group had on the series...

I think that Iris wrapping her arms around Ash's leg and Clian barely being able to speak would be be a bit melodramatic. They'll be sad, but I don't think that they'll be balwing their eyes out or anything like that.

I think that Iris wrapping her arms around Ash's leg and Clian barely being able to speak would be be a bit melodramatic. They'll be sad, but I don't think that they'll be balwing their eyes out or anything like that.

Pretty sure he was being facetious. :p

I can easily see Iris bursting into tears and wrapping her arms around Ash's leg,
Although I can see Iris crying for saying goodbye to his first real friend outside the Village and even hugging him most fans would throw the TV off the window, for sure, hohohoh, I can't imagine her wrapping around Ash's leg, assuming you weren't being facetious, but I know I would be in doubt about joining to the cry or laughing at the scene @_@

I can easily see Iris bursting into tears and wrapping her arms around Ash's leg,
Although I can see Iris crying for saying goodbye to her first real friend outside the Village and even hugging him most fans would throw the TV off the window, for sure, hohohoh, I can't imagine her wrapping around Ash's leg, assuming you weren't being facetious, but I know I would be in doubt about joining to the cry or laughing at the scene @_@

No main girl has ever hugged Ash before, it won't happen. She'll likely be the most emotional about the group splitting but that's it.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom