• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What little things, details, and other small stuff do you want to see in future games?

and give us a entry hazard against flying and levitating foes?
Stealth Rock?

Bonus points if there's a link between them, like how Aaron's Pokemon are all in the Bug egg group.
He probably had a Drapion because it evolves from a Bug-type.

Reminds me, though, in chuggaaconroy's let's play of Platinum, he said that he liked how the Sunnyshore Gym was themed around Electric-type MOVES in Diamond and Pearl.

Last edited:
Stealth Rock?

something only for them, not for all, it needs not to be damage dealling.
there is only stealth rocks and gravity?
how many we got many entry hazards for land and walking based pokemon?

weird that we didn't get a rock and ground "eater" pokemon that could regain hp when beeing hit by rock and ground type moves, sandstorm and stealth rocks...
could be rock type or poison? or rock/poison pokemon?

I know it would make its shiny form less interesting, but I'd really appreciate if Smeargle were a little more like Spinda, Floette, or Minior and if they could come in different colors, like how they're depicted in the anime. I'm fond of the green, but I would love if it could have a little more variety besides just the difficult to obtain shiny form's red paint.

Also, it would be kind of nice if they could bring something like the Poketch back- I know we're moving away from dual screen devices, but I really liked in-game tools like the Counter app- some of the apps could be implemented into the battle interface or the PC as well- the Matchmaking app to let you quickly check if Pokemon are breeding compatible would be way more useful to have in the PCs functionality.

It would also be nice for breeding purposes if there were a way to search for 'Pokemon that know Egg Moves'. I just catalogued all the Pokemon I have with egg moves and it took two days of cross-checking Bulbapedia for every single species, and it would be really cool if there were a simpler or easier way to do that.

"An Ability (Japanese: 特性 ability) is a game mechanic introduced in Generation III that provides a passive effect in battle or in the overworld. Individual Pokémon may have only one Ability at a time."

-->
I want pokemon to have 2 abilities at a time and during battles. Especially the ones with weak abilities and weak type combos or a item that would power up abilities(Harvest double hp when eating own berries or faster activation too) or allow to use them both, hidden and regular at the same time, similar to Z-moves and Mega-evolution but without form change. (Imagine keen eye to cause critical hits with moves without effect, Levitate to boost power of some physical moves)

Light Metal and Heavy Metal get additional occasional effects not only change weight.

Like Heavy Metal:

- prevents user from getting switched out by the oponents moves or abilities?
- decreses demage of increased priority moves used against the user?
- makes user immune to magnitude, earthquake, earth power and bulldoze.
- poison type moves get 1,5 damage when used by user?

Light metal:
- halfs electric type and water type moves by half
- maybe that priority option stated before
- if somethings light then maybe halfs flying type move damage or something.

Last edited:
if Berry Patches ever return the way they were in Gen III/IV/VI, please don't make me have to water them on routes where it's perpetually raining. It makes me feel like an idiot -_-;;

if Berry Patches ever return the way they were in Gen III/IV/VI, please don't make me have to water them on routes where it's perpetually raining. It makes me feel like an idiot -_-;;
Also... make me pick the berries that's the same or more than the number of berries displayed on the screen. Like, I talk to a berry tree that has three berries and it only gives me two. Why.

I think it'd be neat to spectate Pokemon battles between NPCs, we've seen a very little bit of this (the two trainers on Route 30 in Johto, Team Magma and Aqua on Mt. Chimney). But I'd like to see fully animated battles, maybe in a tournament scenario or maybe out on your journey between two or more people.

- Wishiwashi getting hp draining moves. (Giga Drain , Leech life , or something new ???)

- Water compaction reducing by half all water damage and boosting both stats

There are a multitude of details that I would love to see implemented in future games. The Pokémon world is so complex in some areas, yet strangely lacking in others. I find it weird sometimes that certain features are inserted into the game, loved and adored, and then promptly removed by the next game, never to be seen again. I understand that these games take years to produce and often overlap, but there are some functions that I dearly wish could be revived.

1) PSS + PC Revamp
Like many others, the long awaited PSS and PC organization update is still in the works. Hopefully. There’s not much to say here except that I think both systems need a comple makeover. It’s exhausting to sort through the multiple PC boxes to find the correct critter. I don’t even want to start on what’s wrong with the PSS.

2) Seasons
Now, I absolutely ADORED the different seasonal graphics in Generation V. They simply made the whole world feel so much more lifelike and realistic. I loved how it was interwoven with game functions and such as well, although some hated it. Personally however, I thought it was brilliant and was sad to see it go.

3) Pokéball Customization
I think the whole idea of bringing back different pokéballs was brilliant. Kudos to whoever thought of it first. Unfortunately, GF thinks otherwise. However, to me, it adds so much to the idea of bonding with your pokémon. With standard designs, the only way to really set your partners apart is with a nickname. Adding even more pokéballs to the mix would add so much. Can you imagine releasing your shiny umbreon from a moon ball? How badass would that be?

1) PSS + PC Revamp
Like many others, the long awaited PSS and PC organization update is still in the works. Hopefully. There’s not much to say here except that I think both systems need a comple makeover. It’s exhausting to sort through the multiple PC boxes to find the correct critter. I don’t even want to start on what’s wrong with the PSS.

I'm not sure what they could do with the PC system, but I usually don't have a problem with it once I've taken the time to sort my Pokemon in a certain way (by type, number, theme, etc.). I totally agree with you about everything else, though. Especially the seasons. I love the seasons, they are one of my favorite features from Gen V. I understand not having them in Alola, because tropics, but I really hope they bring them back. Unova had an especially balanced climate that worked very well, but I think it would be reasonably workable for other regions. I'd love if Seasons were added to regions that make a return, too, like in remakes.

I'm not sure what they could do with the PC system, but I usually don't have a problem with it once I've taken the time to sort my Pokemon in a certain way (by type, number, theme, etc.).

By reorganizing the PC system, I simply thought a feature that allows the recall of a certain specific pokémon to be implemented. I’m an avid breeder, and when I factor in the pokémon I move over to complete the National Pokédex with the hundreds of extra creatures I breed, it makes it incredibly difficult to find the ONE ‘mon I need, especially when you consider I have dozens with the same nature, ability, etc. I extensively organize, but it’s still a pain to have to flip through box after box. It’s really just a convenience thing for someone like me. I get that others would have no use for it but it would still be nice to have.

Also, I’m glad someone agrees with me on the whole season idea. I know some people are extremely passionate about it, either for or agaist it. :)

Last edited:
Mmm. Good point. Having never taken up breeding or extensive collection of the same Pokemon, I hadn't thought about that perspective. I can see why that would be a pain, and I wonder what they could do to help find a specific Pokemon.

Oh yeah, I love seasons. The atmosphere and aesthetic they offer is just wonderful. In fact, just thinking about them is making me want to play White or White 2 right now.

I really, REALLY want to see the Pokémon walking with you feature return from HeartGold/SoulSilver. I've wanted its return since Black/White and I still do today. I'm not sure if the PC boxes are still small, but I want the normal amount of PC boxes to return. I don't have 5 dollars to just drop on Pokémon Bank, and the lesser amount seems to be a move purposely to try and sell Pokémon Bank. The only other feature I can think up off the top of my head is the option to select a nonbinary avatar that is referred to with they/them pronouns, and the removal of gendered clothing (as in, anyone can wear any clothing regardless of whether or not it's feminine or masculine clothing).

I'm not sure if the PC boxes are still small, but I want the normal amount of PC boxes to return. I don't have 5 dollars to just drop on Pokémon Bank, and the lesser amount seems to be a move purposely to try and sell Pokémon Bank.

Actually, we've only gotten an increase in the number of in-game boxes ever since Gen III. Bank's purpose is to allow easy transfer of Pokémon between games of the same generation, and the vast amount of storage it provides greatly helps with this. It's definitely better than endless trading and catching/breeding "useless" Pokémon for the sole purpose of moving Pokémon from another game to that one. Plus, if you only have one game in a generation that works with Bank, you don't have to worry about losing your old Pokémon when starting over, either to the save data being erased or someone stealing them by pretending to help you hold on to them while restarting.

I'm not trying to sell you on Bank (although it is more than worth the $4.99/year price of admission), just saying that they're not removing in-game boxes to sell Bank.

Although sometimes it seems like we're given limited box space because they don't give us all 16+ boxes right away. They wait until we start filling the first 8

Actually, we've only gotten an increase in the number of in-game boxes ever since Gen III. Bank's purpose is to allow easy transfer of Pokémon between games of the same generation, and the vast amount of storage it provides greatly helps with this. It's definitely better than endless trading and catching/breeding "useless" Pokémon for the sole purpose of moving Pokémon from another game to that one. Plus, if you only have one game in a generation that works with Bank, you don't have to worry about losing your old Pokémon when starting over, either to the save data being erased or someone stealing them by pretending to help you hold on to them while restarting.

I'm not trying to sell you on Bank (although it is more than worth the $4.99/year price of admission), just saying that they're not removing in-game boxes to sell Bank.

Huh. I wasn't aware. I thought they removed space from the PC boxes or locked the regional dex or something along those lines. Then again though, I haven't touched a Gen. 7 game in at least a year or so, so yeah.

Huh. I wasn't aware. I thought they removed space from the PC boxes or locked the regional dex or something along those lines. Then again though, I haven't touched a Gen. 7 game in at least a year or so, so yeah.
One thing they did do starting with Gen 6 is that initially, the PC only shows 8 storage boxes. Once you have Pokemon stored in every box, it unlocks the next set of 8, then another, until all boxes are available.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom