• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What little things, details, and other small stuff do you want to see in future games?

1. Multiple Save Files

Considering the Switch's boosted memory capabilities compared to a traditional handheld console and the fact that it's a home console that everybody in the family can use, I think GameFreak has run out of excuses for not implementing the ability to have more than one save file on a cartridge.

2. PokeVision

Remember the XY anime episode where Serena recorded a PokeVision video of Fennekin to upload to Pokémon's YouTube? I think something like this in the games would be really cool. Basically like the Alola Photo Club, but instead of just snapping photos, have the ability to record a 10 second short video of your Trainer playing with his/her Pokémon, and doing poses and stuff. Like the Alola Photo Club, it could be used to raise your Affection levels as well.

3. Gym Creator, or some other return of the ability to upload a QR pseudo Gym Team

Super Secret Bases was one of my favorite features in ORAS, but I felt like the limitation to 3 Pokémon or less as well as ORAS's lack of XY's Trainer Customization was a huge let-down. I would really like to the ability to actually design your own Gym, or, if there's no Gyms in the Gen 8 region, find some other way to otherwise upload your "dream team" in QR form for a downloadable battle. To prevent abuse, just turn off experience gains from these battles and ban all Uber legendaries.

4. Personal Villa

Am I the only one who actually kind of liked this feature from Platinum? I thought this was a great money sink for the endgame and I liked how you could get Gym Leaders and other characters to randomly visit you by purchasing certain furniture items. If and when Diamond & Pearl are remade, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this feature returns in a upgraded form.

Last edited:
Two things that really are little but I'd still love to see - being able to sit down on furniture and properly dark nights. Sitting down has basically no gameplay purpose but I just liked being able to take a seat to browse the Pokédex or something. As I recall nights in XY were so bright you'd think Lumiose City was single-handedly responsible for ridiculous levels of light pollution. I don't remember it being any different in ORAS or SM (It's been a while since I last played either)

Hope they make more users for Quenly Majesty ability and differ it more from Dazzling(its current effect of blocking increased priority moves+block also situations when the oponent becomes "faster" then the user- through moves that boost oponents/reduce users speed/ trick room change- on the the first turn when priority changes),
- the same with Wimp Out(+switch when user uses also uses priority moves) and Emergency Exit(would be cool to have the 50%hp left when switching out)

TOP 10: Pokémon Abilities With Similar Effects | Pokémon Amino

- Iron barbs should do double damage then normally on fairy, rock and ice type (weak to steel) pokemon, they are "iron", double also against pokemon with Magnet Pull and on those who use Magnet Rise.

- Clear Body x White Smoke x Full Metal Body- make them get also small extra effects tocurrent "one".

- Cloud Nine x Air Lock- maybe Air Lock should protect user from blizzard, hurricane and weather related moves? or them both?

- Receiver x Power of Alchemy-
why not allow the user of Reciver to get also abilities from pokemon that fainted or switched out- those where used before it in "single battles" too?(6vs6 format the base one, not only double battles)
Power of Alchemy could also work similar and would be cool if also from fallen oponets and if you could choose if you want to change its current ability after your partner/oponent fainted... this way the abilities would have more usage.

Gooey x Tangling Hair-
Both reduce only the speed by contact? why not make gooey also reduce the attack? something get gooey and hits something gooey then it should hit not so hard?
Tangling hair could half damage from priority moves or trap by contact the oponent?

Game Greak and Pokemon Company are allowed to use this:

Pokemon based on egyptian god Cat Bastet but done more as a mummy
rock/ghost
ability: Queenly Majesty (good against shadow sneak, sucker punch, ice shard, avalanch, water shuriken, aqua jet, bullet punch and probably more to come)
speed: 122 like Greninja but high special defense 120 , but low special attack 83 and attack 85

Last edited:
Something that I would like to see would be an in game jukebox, just like in mystery dungeon. There have been some great music over the years and what I would like to see would be something accessible from the main menu. You would slowly get music from the game as you progress and you could get past music for doing difficult things eg completing the pokedex.

I think this is a really great idea, and there's an easy way to justify it in-game too: just add a "music" application to whatever Gen VII's Pokétch/Pokénav/Pokégear/C-Gear equivalent is.

what would be if pokemon with Klutz(item misses or accidently flies back to the user of fling and hits its) and Pickup(autocatch item) would be immune to the oponents move Fling when used against them?
Klutz maybe should make the user have a 50% immune to the effects of the opoents items or even send them back to the oponent?
also a pokemon with Klutz when having physical contact with oponent maybe should be abble to make the oponent loose his item?
If the items are berries or Hp ups then maybe they should consume them accidently? if you are a klutz or a pikuper then consuming that with what you have contact would be naturally...

Planned All Along: Worst 12 Gimmick Pokémon

Someone else thinks that Luvdisc and Alomomola would deserve Cute Charm ability more then Milotic?
Or maybe one could get it and one could get something better like (Love at) First Sight to induce
auto-infautation when when entering battle?

why not make a "Broken Heart" based pokemon, mega, evolution or form, with moves to abuse the Cute Charm and "infautation" effects even more?

Milotic would need Multiscale more in my opinion more then Competitive and Cute Charm...

Delibird getting a mega? or a buff in stats from 330 to 490? and a better new ability then insomania?

Truant with a version of Schooling or Parental Bound anyone?
(it could get a better ability in ex-changefor Truant like Gengar did with Levitate, ants would fit the imo+ Defense Order, Attack Order and Heal Order as moves for it would fit very well with typing and stats)
The same goes for Unown.

Last edited:
I restarted White a few days ago, and upon arrival in Castelia City I was reminded of the existence of the Passerby Analytics HQ. Now I know that Gen VI and VII have questionnaires available in the PSS/Festival Plaza, but there's little incentive to do them, other than fun. It's not like the rewards of the PA HQ were super hard to come by in other ways, but it's a nice little side activity that also has a physical location tied to it, which helps with world building. So I'd like to see something like that returning in Gen VIII

I barely played Gen 5, but oh my gosh the seasons were cool. Seeing the little changes in the region was so cool. Unova in Fall was absolutely beautiful. It's a thing I can see them bringing back too. Probably not for LGPE, but maybe for the 2019 games. After all, they will have tested how a game runs on the switch, and the Switch being a much bigger and more capable console, implementing seasons in 3D will likely be much easier than having them in 3D on the 3DS.

I would love to continue to see NPCs use different kinds of Pokeballs. Just a cool little touch that goes along way.

Seeing people and their Pokemon more in the overworld. Sun and Moon i feel were the first games that you really saw that. I think part of that, was because they were pushing the idea that the people of Alola are very one with their Pokemon.

I would love to see them do something different than the, you just moved here with your mom thing, or even, it's just you and your mom thing. Like oh my gosh I'd love to have a dad again, or maybe an older or younger sibling around. Some variety. I know it's a super small detail, but it just being me and mom, is getting kind of lame.

(Edit: I thought of more)

Bring back siting, and keep laying down on things! Oh my gosh I loved sitting on benches in X and Y, like so much. Just finding a bench with a pretty view. Whenever I stopped to do some Pokemon Amie or check the dex, I would park myself on a bench and enjoy.

I loved the whole little restaurant thing they had in Sun and Moon. Like I know it's absolutely pointless, and if I remember correctly cost you in game money, but it was just really neat. It made you s a trainer feel a bit more real, like hey look at this cute restaurant, I am gonna stop and rest and have a bite.

It's not a new thing, but I wouldn't mind getting the height comparison chart back in the next generation (and each generation after).

Because does Mimikyu's height include or exclude its disguise? I HAVE TO KNOW!

I had just recently thought of something that I would like to see. Remember Gladion's motel room? In the room was a doggie bed for Type: Null. I would like to see more of those small, heartwarming touches that prove that Pokemon are more than just battlers, but our friends, family, and even pets. Like giving their own place to sleep may seem small, but it makes them look like they're part of the family, which is how it's supposed to be. Maybe even have playrooms full of toys for them to just have fun. I've seen small examples here and there, but it would add a nice piece of realism, showing that Pokemon isn't just about battling, it is also about of the bond that people make with them, even going as far as giving them their own rooms or even just beds with toys, just to show that they're part of the family. That's kinda my view on pets as a whole, as my family and I always treat them like members of the family. So I'd like to see more examples of that, showing that, while the franchises' nature is the catch/battle/train mentality, but also showing people who are just as happy treating Pokemon like members of the family. That I'd like to see. Probably wishful thinking, but I would like to see it.

*Puts up flame shield* Pokemon fusion! Off course the mechanic would either be based off Kyurem's fusion mechanic, or to make it a little less confusing on which Pokemon can fuse with which, it would be based off Necrozma with needing the item related to both names of the Pokemon. Now I would rather they save that feature for whichever generation in which Gen 5 gets remade in. The story of the mechanic is basically when two Pokemon share the same battling ideology, but both aren't strong enough on their own, they would accept being fused to become stronger together. Just like with Kyurem and Necrozma, the trainer can separate the fused Pokemon again should they choose to. In order for this mechanic to not be overpowered is to only allow one fused Pokemon per team (however, Kyurem and Necrozma can still retain their respective fused forms since their respective items wouldn't be technically related to the mechanic). Only Pokemon that did not receive Mega Evolutions will get fusion forms, as to not accidentally create yet another Mega Evolution that would be too powerful, and that fusion would be exclusive to fully evolved Pokemon.

Multiple save slots would be a very nice option.

As useless as the whole walking pokemon thing was, I'd actually like to see it return. Maybe with the bonus of a Pickup-like bonus to find items.

Also, a robust post E4 game is a must.

Secret bases and the villas or some other customizable base or home would be a nice thing.

And what about something to make the world more lived in and realistic? Like non-battling pokemon or even non-pokemon trainers?

As for the game corner...well, the gambling aspect is completely gone but what about making it a minigame arcade where you could win prizes (or even post scores online for leaderboards)?

Another idea I’ve decided I would really like to see in Gen 8, seeing as how I agree that the protagonists of LGPE look way too young, is the ability to pick a character model based on age. Maybe in addition to the standard skin tones there could also be three different model choices at character creation ranging from LGPE protagonists’ age (10 years old but looks much younger) all the way up to Hilbert/Hilda’s age (16 or so) or even an adult.

Something similar to this has already been done before in PBR, so I’m sure the Switch could easily handle it, and I think it would give players more creativity in terms of how they want to portray their avatars.

They're not saying it was bad, just that it was mostly an aesthetic thing, like trainer customization.

Walking pokémon was really cute. I do wish that they would at least give it extra stuff, like a certain item after a certain amount of steps. Seasons in Black and White were also really nice and it's something I'd definitely like to return.

In terms of trainer customisations, for men, some more 'fashionable' clothing is desired. Lots of the stuff you can buy for men is very basic and standard. I'd like it if it could be different. (And actually for multiple seasons. In summer you get summer clothing, in winter you get winter clothing.)

Multiple savefiles would be nice but also different 'paths'. Like taking certain paths and giving certain answers changes certain paths. Let's say you pick Cynthia to climb the Spear Pillar with. You can decide to climb it with her and battle alongside her to the top or go solo. Or you can choose your rival. Picking the Cynthia path unlocks extra dialogue or certain special gifts (Items or a gift Gible for example) after post-game while the rival path gives something else. Maybe a bit too difficult and would perhaps change the game's intended genre, but I think it would be nice to have.

Also, villa's/mansions or whatever. I thought it was a really nice addition. If they do bring it back I'd like some more customization options though. Multiple kind of tables and sizes and such.

One smallish thing I'd love to see come back is different Pokemon appearing based on the time of day. It was amazing how 'alive' they made the Pokemon world feel back in Gen II Gameboy games just by doing that.
This feature is still present in the newest games. For example, in Gen 7 Alolan Rattata can only be encountered at night, while Yungoos only comes out during the day. There was even a Pokémon introduced that evolves into different forms based on day and night, namely Lycanroc. I agree they should keep this feature in future games as well!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom