• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What little things, details, and other small stuff do you want to see in future games?

A nerf to Stealth Rock. It's just ridiculous how it completely makes or break how good a Pokemon is in certain competitive play. Spikes is perfect the way it works, toxic Spikes too.

Stealth Rock just... doesn't.
Yes! Stealth Rock is why not many good Ice-types are in higher ranks. Just nerfing Stealth Rocks should allow at least some to climb the ranks.

Yes! Stealth Rock is why not many good Ice-types are in higher ranks. Just nerfing Stealth Rocks should allow at least some to climb the ranks.
Could we possibility nerf Eviolite while we're at it? +50% to both defences with no drawback is beginning to seem a bit excessive when it comes to the likes of Chansey. It's exactly why I never want Shuckle to evolve ever.

Could we possibility nerf Eviolite while we're at it? +50% to both defences with no drawback is beginning to seem a bit excessive when it comes to the likes of Chansey. It's exactly why I never want Shuckle to evolve ever.

Eh, Eviolite is a bit of a mixed bag to me. While for mons like Chansey it's annoying, but for other mons, it really is a nice item that allows them to someone keep up.

Besides that, everyone and their mothers runs Knock Off if a pokemon gets it.

NPCs/Trainers changing locations depending on the time of day/the weather (and having suitably changed dialogue). Johto and Sinnoh had trainers that could only be battled at night or in the morning, and I think we've had some rivals that would appear on certain days of the week in the post-game? Oh and there were the ferris wheel trainers in Nimbasa, who changed with the seasons

But it's a relatively small feature that could make a region feel much more alive, especially if combined with sidequests

Dazzling needs a buff in blocking also moves after a oponents pokemon got its speed risen or reduced that of the user of this ability.
after the turn of a other move like tail wind, trickroom, flame charge, bubblebeam.
Then the next move has "increased speed" in that turn.
This would make it a little diffrent then Queenly majesty but also very important in game play.

Last edited:
If we end up getting forced tutorials again (which I really hope doesn't happen but it most likely will), I'd like to see them spruce things up a bit by playing with this gameplay trope. Perhaps the next Prof. we get could be a genre-savvy cynic that informs us that he's required by law to give new trainers these tutorials after giving them their first Pokémon. In addition, he will do either one of two things during said forced tutorial that deviates from the norm:
  1. Instead of showing him catching a Pokémon successfully, we get examples of what NOT to do when catching a Pokémon. Even if we know how to do so, there are going to be times where we end up doing something stupid that keeps us from succeeding. I think such an approach could make an otherwise bland waste of time into an informative and entertaining moment. If nothing else, it'd make for great meme potential!
  2. Instead of having to sit through the game on autopilot, the regional professor make us tell them what actions to take when catching a Pokémon. If the player successfully outlines the steps and proves themselves to know what they are doing, we get rewarded with an extra 3 Great Balls in addition to what we would normally get. If we get the any steps wrong, the tutorial repeats on autopilot this time and we only get the same items we normally would.
Either way, if the forced tutorials end up returning (which they shouldn't), it'd be nice to have a character who acknowledges how tedious it is and puts a spin on it instead. But that's mostly because I'm a fan of meta humor.

I don't know if this is really a small feature, but a few more unique NPC models. And I don't even mean more different trainerclasses, but simply not what SuMo and USUM did with female Golfers for example. You can't just give a Beauty a golfclub and call it a day. It's not that I actively dislike visual evidence of trainers moving beyond their class, but also seems a little... lax. Same for the Twins trainer class. It's just two female preschoolers. And that one is kinda glaring cause in all previous generations twins had a unique trainer model. And then even Lana's sisters share that same model and I just... Like, with some things a recolouring might have already been enough...

So yeah, more care being put into unique trainerclass designs would be great. Cause I do have to say that the trainer class designs we did get for Gen VII were definitely nice

I would like a feature that allows us to combine the aesthetics and entry animation of one ball with the catchrate of another. (Say you really like the look of a Luxury Ball but want to catch a Beldum. You could either use a machine, a key item, or talk to an NPC like Kurt in HGSS and combine the look of the Luxury Ball and the catchrate of an Ultra Ball.

Also, I would like NPC trainers beside from rivals and champions/gym leaders/Elite Four to help battle the villainous teams, it shows a lot more personality of the people in the region.

I would also like to see buffs to the Ice, Poison, and Bug types, as they are quite unusable in many main-game storylines.

I would like a feature that allows us to combine the aesthetics and entry animation of one ball with the catchrate of another. (Say you really like the look of a Luxury Ball but want to catch a Beldum. You could either use a machine, a key item, or talk to an NPC like Kurt in HGSS and combine the look of the Luxury Ball and the catchrate of an Ultra Ball.

Also, I would like NPC trainers beside from rivals and champions/gym leaders/Elite Four to help battle the villainous teams, it shows a lot more personality of the people in the region.

I would also like to see buffs to the Ice, Poison, and Bug types, as they are quite unusable in many main-game storylines.
I was going to bring up that lots of people suggest a "pokeball swap" function for something you've already caught, but I think it could be neat if they had like a Pokemon crafting/manufacturing system. Like, you can choose what it looks like and apply effects to it, maybe even combine some or unlock an ability to "upgrade" the effects of the balls you make. Of course, this would be way too complicated for a Pokemon game, but I kinda like the idea.

Roto Catch can help with this. But it would be cool, or even allowing you to exchange the type of ball in which a Pokemon is contained after catching it. With some limitations, I think, so it doesn't get ridiculous. Like, maybe you can only put water-types in a dive ball after the fact or something. Or you have to pay a ton of money or trade shards (or another collectible item like mushrooms?) to put them in a Luxury Ball or something. Or your Pokemon has to meet certain qualifications, like having a high friendship. I just want to be able to have my starter in a Luxury ball after we've worked so hard together to make it to the top, man!

EDIT: Dang, got Shedinja'd by Butterfree xD

Scyther getting a new evolution line and mega. Bug/dragon. Come on.
Or female scyther . Bug/fairy?

The same is with Darmanitans form.
Only Zen?
why not Phantom?
Aqua?
Combat?
Draco?
Mythic(fairy)?
What if it could have more other forms and not only mega to make it more unpredicted?
or a way to activate the form with it's full hp or maybe change between forms somehow.
This pokemon feels like underdeveloped.
That or make the form activate and restore hp to full when that hapens and mantain it's form change till end of the battle.

Last edited:
Scyther getting a new evolution line and mega. Bug/dragon. Come on.
Or female scyther . Bug/fairy?

The same is with Darmanitans form.
Only Zen?
why not Phantom?
Aqua?
Combat?
Draco?
Mythic(fairy)?
What if it could have more other forms and not only mega to make it more unpredicted?
or a way to activate the form with it's full hp or maybe change between forms somehow.
This pokemon feels like underdeveloped.
That or make the form activate and restore hp to full when that hapens and mantain it's form change till end of the battle.
We already have Mega Scizor.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom