• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What little things, details, and other small stuff do you want to see in future games?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Since there is an appreciation thread with the same subject at hand, I wanted to make a thread that acts like a future continuation of it. In short, what little details and such do you want to see implemented in future games?

For starters, I would like the various NPCs to continue using different types of Poke Balls instead of just the standard model. It's a small detail but it adds some realism to the games. After all, you can't be the only person running around with Great Balls, Dusk Balls, and Quick Balls, right? It only makes sense that, if different balls are available, then other people should use them and not just you.

Another thing I'd really like to see is that gift Pokemon (by that I mean in-game gifts, not events like wifi) are given to you in Premier Balls instead of the standard model. Most gift Pokemon tend to be very rare or one-of-a-kind (per game, anyway), so why not put them in a special ball to indicate that they are special. This idea also applies to in-game trades, though it doesn't have to be a Premier Ball per se, since in-game trade Mons always end up in standard Poke Balls. Again, it shows realism and indicates that they're special. I would like this to also apply to the Starters but I know that's a lost cause, so that's one idea that'll never happen. In a similar vein, in-game event Mons always end up in standard Poke Balls, like the second Cosmog, instead of allowing you to choose a ball for it. The only time that didn't happen was in BW with the event Zorua, where you could pick a ball for it. That hasn't been seen again since, which I find to be rather annoying. That's something I'd like to see, or at least having the option to re-ball a Mon at a special facility or something, even if you have to pay for it. (You can probably tell at this point that I don't like the standard model Poke Ball. I find it too boring and bland, plus it has a miserable catch rate, no useful gimmicks, and gets plastered on EVERYTHING in the Poke-world, making it rather annoying to always see.) But I'd like to see that kind of thing happen.

The last thing I'd like to see is a more reliable ID lotto. The ID lotto in SM is a bit more gimmicky than past ones. Sure, we have access to Wonder Trade and such, but according to what I know, the SM ID Lotto actually ignores the first number in an ID, only registering the second number and on. This makes it much harder to get the prizes they offer. Back in past games, every number in the ID lotto mattered, so even if just the first digit matched, it made it easier to get the prizes they offered. I want that system back, as even after Wonder Trading and such, I STILL can't catch a break with the ID lotto, and I used to win almost every time in past games. So I would like to see the lotto get changed back to its original format so it'll be more fair and easier to win.

Well, that's enough out of me. What about you guys? What small things do you want to see in future games?

SEASONS! COME ON, GAMEFREAK, DO IT!

The mechanic of Seasons was just such an awesome and fun mechanic in Generation V games, and, personally one of my favorites from that generation. I believe such a mechanic, so similar with the real world, causes one to be totally engrossed and to appreciate the game and its developers with all honesty... I feel this is the one of the prominent reasons why I enjoyed White 2 a lot more than I personally thought.

Also, two Pokémon, Deerling and Sawsbuck, were specifically designed for this mechanic; without the mechanic, the two did lose a teensy bit of their charm for me, since you can only obtain the Spring Form in Generation VI and VII games without the use of trading, and that is just not enough for me... so, I say it would just be wonderful if the designers reiterated this mechanic in the future games, and pleased the Season Pokémon, as well as this eager fanboy. ;)

#MakeSawsbuckGreatAgain

If they insert some way to freely change the seasons, like they've done with day/night cycle, I'd be totally down with that. There are still things that I haven't done on BW because it requires a specific season to happen... And I forget about those pretty easily.
Maybe I won't forget as easily when I play on an acutal DS, but still.

A way to fullscreen any artwork in museums, assuming that the game in question has a museum. How am I supposed to derive any satisfaction from those tiny, pixelated images at the Lumiose and Lilycove Museums?

I'd very much like for the Mythical move tutor to teach V-create to Victini.

Poké Ball customization would be really cool to have.

A proper Acid Rain weather condition would make for a fun Poison type support mechanism.

More usable Bug-types. I hate how Gen VI only gave us another weak early game Bug and some Mega evolutions after Gen V was so damn good with its new Bug-types. Gen VII was a step in the right direction, especially with the Leech Life buff, but as much as I love Golisopod, the only really usable Bug-types it introduced competitively are Buzzwole and Pheromosa.

Granted, my Bug team's still curbstomped everyone I've fought on wi-fi, but I've been lucky to not run into anyone with a team built for serious competitive play.

Another thing I had thought of is I want the Fresh Water, Soda Pop, and Lemonade items restored to their original values. Nerfing them in SM was a bad idea, as they were much more cost effective and useful compared to Potions and Super Potions. Yes, I get the fact that GF wants us to use the "true" healing items vs alternatives, and I know you can't buy the drinks in bulk, but still, they were far superior and much easier to use back in earlier gens. At least they didn't nerf Moomoo Milk, but I want the other drinks restored to their original power. I feel much better giving my Mons a Lemonade to heal them than a Super Potion, as I like to think they're enjoying the drink (I know I would, especially lemonade, which is one of my favorite drinks), especially since the anime portrayed Potions and such as spray meds that tend to sting. So I want Fresh Water, Soda Pop, and Lemonade restored to their full value in future games.

EDIT: One more thing I just remembered. I want Premier Balls to be obtained by purchasing any type of Poke Ball, not just the standard model. In ORAS, if you bought 10 Great Balls or 10 Dusk Ball, you got a Premier Ball. But not in SM. Instead, it's back to the buy 10 Poke Balls only gimmick, which I find annoying. While Premier Balls are no different than standard model Poke Balls in terms of ability, at least they are different and look more unique (and besides, you can only get a Premier Ball as a bonus, you can't outright buy them in most games). So that's something I want fixed.

Last edited:
could they make flame whel(against both spikes) and some other moves remove some entry hazards?

and give us a entry hazard against flying and levitating foes?
(ice cloud,could immobilize the oponent the first turn out or reduce speed every turn)

Personally I could see a ground(sand based) baton pass version that allows you next poke to use the image of the past poke to hide.
__________________________________________________________________________________
- use more old and rarely dual typed combos and less new monotyped pokemon

- could see a fast new ground/ghost maybe oriented on female mummy figure.
- a mouseketeer fighting/steel with long reach becuase of sword

A Pokeball shop like in Lumoise City in X&Y. It is the best way to get all the unique PokeBalls instead of having to jump around the world to buy Timer or Dusk Balls. This is also the only to buy Premier Balls without buying 10 Pokeballs beforehand. Though how you can't buy Master, Cherish and the Johto balls when they're obviously on display is beyond me...

Beyond a return of Super Training and some other more convenient Player Search System functions, I'd like to see some NPC Trainers study you and decide to challenge you for EV Training. It could be a good way to introduce it to the player character in the game. Once you win, the NPC that introduces it to you can explain all about it and how it can really help your Pokémon become champion Pokémon, especially with Hyper Training and, hopefully, Super Training returning.

I'd like to see some little details added that don't really add much to the game.

1: choosing the Pokéball of an hatched Pokémon from those you have in your bag, and if you don't have any it defaults to "breed ball" whose colors resemble the Daycare of the game it's introduced in.
2: Some Pokémon can breed an hybrid Pokémon, like how Phione can only be bred from a Ditto and either a Manaphy or Phione, maybe breeding Pikachu\Raichu with Togetic\Togekiss gives you the new gen's Pikaclone.
3: The hatched Pokémon can be either parent's species, but while for most pairs it would be 50%\50% of each, a few species are dominant and a few are recessive.
4: There are family trees for the Pokémon, any Pokémon that you have, not just the ones that you've hatched. For example, your starter and your rivals' starters are all half siblings from the same Ditto. You can still inbred your Pokémon but the more they're inbred they get a chance of mutation. Like weirdly high\low stats, odd ability, odd type, higher chance of shinyness. BUT mutations can be bred even further to become good competitively.
5: If there is enough genes from another species in your Pokémon, it can start to affect not only moves, but even ability, stat spread, and type.
6: Pokéspecies can work like a recessive gene. If, say, a Pikachu and a Togetic breed and they both have a Snubbull as one of their parents, their offspring has a chance to be a Snubbull but also a chance to be the new Pikaclone.
7: There's an held item that can force Alola Form, an held item that can force the parent's specific ability (not ability slot IE runaway as ability 1 and guts as ability 2 for a Rattata vs Serene Grace as ability 1 and Run Away as ability 2 for a Dunsparce. If you have a rattata and a dunsparce and the dunsparce has Run Away and the held item, Rattata gets run away not guts, and viceversa. If the Dunsparce had Serene Grace then the resulting Rattatas would have Serene Grace.) to pass down to the offspring, and an held item that can force the parent's typing to pass down to the offspring. There's also a small chance for the hatched Pokémon to inherit typings\abilities from the Pokéballs (except breed balls) their parents are in.

Something came to mind recently. This may sound strange coming from me but I would like that every Starter Pokemon has at least one guaranteed perfect IV no matter what/where they came from. Since Starters are considered very rare and you don't generally have the ability to catch them in-game, bar some exceptions, it would make sense to give them something special to show off that rarity. Basically, no matter how/where you get the Starter, whether it be breeding, catching, or just being your first Mon, it should always have at least one perfect IV guaranteed at all times. Obviously skilled breeders will maximize that concept, but in general every Starter should always have at least one perfect IV fresh out of the gate. I know, strange coming from me, but it seems logical when you consider the special status of Starter Mons in the series.

Something came to mind recently. This may sound strange coming from me but I would like that every Starter Pokemon has at least one guaranteed perfect IV no matter what/where they came from. Since Starters are considered very rare and you don't generally have the ability to catch them in-game, bar some exceptions, it would make sense to give them something special to show off that rarity. Basically, no matter how/where you get the Starter, whether it be breeding, catching, or just being your first Mon, it should always have at least one perfect IV guaranteed at all times. Obviously skilled breeders will maximize that concept, but in general every Starter should always have at least one perfect IV fresh out of the gate. I know, strange coming from me, but it seems logical when you consider the special status of Starter Mons in the series.

I've considered this too and thought about going with three perfect IVs. Maybe even doing this for all gifted Pokemon.

Last edited:
My only great wish is such a pokemon.

Skullragon

description: the winged walking skeleton pokemon (two leged)

type: dragon/ghost

ability: Soul Structure - immune to any kind of special attack

HP 56
Attack 65
Def 56
Sp.Attack 53
Sp.Def 01
Speed 45

moveset: Rock Wrecker, Dragon Breath, Dragon Tail, all bone based moves, some ghost type moves, Rock Tomb, Sand Tomb, Stealth rock, Skull Bash, some wing moves, hex, claw based moves, crunch, bite, Curse, Hex, Iron Defence, Poison Jab, Toxic,Cross Poison, Zen Headbut, Iron Head, Ancient Power, Omnious Wind ...
Foresight users,
Mummy,
Gastro Acid
Wonder Guard,
fast physical sweapers
physical ice, dragon, ghost, fairy and dark moves for 2x SE damage
Sucker Punch, Shadow sneak, Ice shard
neutral damage dealing physical moves with strong physical pokemon
Stallers
entry hazards
hail and sandstorm
frozen, paralyze, burn and poison status ailment
HP 56
Attack 53
Def 01
Sp.Attack 65
Sp.Def 56
Speed 45

Last edited:
I've said it before, I want dynamic shadows. I want to see shadows grow, shrink, move from west to east throughout the day. And while we're at it, why not see the sun and moon rise and set in certain locations?

Why isn't there an auto-organizer option in the PC? It would be convenient to have it set according to number, type, color, size, weight, etc.
Tell me about it ;_; I've been begging for an auto-sort feature for YEARS and they never included it - even when Pokemon Bank was out! We're nearing 1000 pokemon, and in this high-tech era why do we have to manually sort our pokemon???

Also, I want to release pokemon by bulk.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom