• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What little things, details, and other small stuff do you want to see in future games?

The same is with Darmanitans form.
Only Zen?
why not Phantom?
Aqua?
Combat?
Draco?
Mythic(fairy)?

Because Zen is the only one that makes sense.

It is also likely based on the adage of the three wise monkeys—"See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil"—as Darmanitan in their Zen Mode have their eyes become blank, their mouths shut tightly and their ears covered, sitting patiently in contrast to their bold posture in Standard Mode. Its Zen Mode may also be a direct reference to Bodhidharma, achieving enlightenment.

Besides, it has no way of getting another Zen mode type of form because a Pokemon cannot have two hidden abilities.
And more than one transformation between different HP levels will be so tricky that no one will use it. Even Zen Mode is rarely used.

If Mega Pinsir didn't exist, I would have preferred an evolution to go along with Scizor. I guess it's too late now. Doesn't help that the unused evolution might have turned into Heracross (take it with a grain of salt).

Also, an alternate evolution for Weepinbell. Just one that's better designed than the unused one.

If Mega Pinsir didn't exist, I would have preferred an evolution to go along with Scizor. I guess it's too late now. Doesn't help that the unused evolution might have turned into Heracross (take it with a grain of salt).

Also, an alternate evolution for Weepinbell. Just one that's better designed than the unused one.
In general a few cross-generation evolutions would be nice. Considering it allows old pokemon to utilise eviolite (should we have more variants of that maybe?) and can 'fix' problems they might have

Because Zen is the only one that makes sense.

Besides, it has no way of getting another Zen mode type of form because a Pokemon cannot have two hidden abilities.
And more than one transformation between different HP levels will be so tricky that no one will use it. Even Zen Mode is rarely used.
then only hope for a mega and second ability then?
a other form would make it tricky to predict it.
If zen is slow, then maybe a faster mode? fire/fairy would also be interesting.

We already have Mega Scizor.
new regional form? or seperate evolution line?
treat Scyther like Slowpoke and Scizor like Slowbro.
We would need a slowking equivalent.
Make a new evolution family in a other region.

Last edited:
Also, Pokemon with Mega Evolution isn't going to receive new normal evolutions.

a mega not but a seperate evolution branch should be able.

maybe main series or our other games could need this?

-time/turn limited battles, where the winner is the one with most hp and pokemon left in his party? like chess

- winning when pushing the oponent out of the "ring" on a concrete battle field , not only when hp is out.

- pokemon game like shooter with capture the flag and battle to the last pokemon with usement of the field more.

The first idea sounds like the Battle Arena, the second and third one don't sound like they fit in Pokémon.

I think they would fit in the 3D battle games with moving pokemon, "schooter" means they would battle and run more maybe to other targets then their oponent like baloons or something.
The first the pushing idea out of the field reminds me of sumo where you not only can take out oponent by brute force but could use a strategy or oponents speed against him to force him out of the ring instead only reduce his hp.

ok people have a problem with megaevolution and mega stones? I get it. But some need to happen in future for the fans of other pokemon who will deserve them.
Even those who got Z-moves would deserve in future own form changes(megas) like the 7 generation starters.

What if other regions similar form changes would exist but of other origin and other names? Not "Mega".
Forms that would not be pernament but would give a kick also similar.

Imagine that in one region a meteorite brough stones from the cosmos.
Chaos and Order cristals that would give some pokemon Chaos or Order Forms?

Like also a idea that humans created Poketitanium , a alchemical metal that can make pokemon change forms similar to mega evolution but called Titan forms.
I imagine Machamp getting a Poketitanium ring and changing form into Titan Machamp or Crimson Machamp, fighting/fire pokemon.

This way Scyther could also get a new form or evolution to make it shine like it's evolution Scizor what has the same stats but got a mega form.

This forms could be more powerfull then megas but maybe have a backside like they work only 3 turns(+change of 4 moves in that form) , a pokemon looses hp during battle every turn or the user is immobilised after transformation.

Just call Mega-like forms Megas. GameFreak's entire point with LGPE was that mechanics are getting confusing. Why make them more confusing with the forms resembling Mega Evolution in everything but name?

There's also the problem of people making a team with one Mega, an Ash Greninja, a Z-Move, a Primal, and two of the Not-Mega-Evolution forms.

Or how about stop with battle-only transformations entirely? We had legendary Pokemon with temporary transformations in two generations in a row and it's getting old by now, sure Primals were an awesome addition, but the fact that Ultra Necrozma which is Necrozma's complete form is temporary really bothers me, I am fine if they lower its stats and change its ability in order for Ultra Necrozma to be balanced as a permanent form. The only complete form that makes sense as a temporary form change is Zygarde's and that's because it chooses to take that form.

Or how about stop with battle-only transformations entirely? We had legendary Pokemon with temporary transformations in two generations in a row and it's getting old by now, sure Primals were an awesome addition, but the fact that Ultra Necrozma which is Necrozma's complete form is temporary really bothers me, I am fine if they lower its stats and change its ability in order for Ultra Necrozma to be balanced as a permanent form. The only complete form that makes sense as a temporary form change is Zygarde's and that's because it chooses to take that form.

Permanent Ultra Necrozma makes less sense than a temporary one- Permanent would mean that Solgaleo/Lunala is permanently enslaved under Necrozma.

It’s entire story was that Necrozma cannot achieve its complete form without help.

Except that's already the case with Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings Necrozma.

Point taken.

But the energy required to maintain Ultra form is much more than Dusk/Dawn one. The Z-Move supplies extra power required for the transformation.
A Z-Ring being required makes sense because its said to be made of Necrozma’s body parts.

I’ve seen it mentioned somewhere that Necrozma is permanently maimed so it wouldn’t be able to maintain the transformation permanently anyway.

But the energy required to maintain Ultra form is much more than Dusk/Dawn one. The Z-Move supplies extra power required for the transformation.
A Z-Ring being required makes sense because its said to be made of Necrozma’s body parts.

I’ve seen it mentioned somewhere that Necrozma is permanently maimed so it wouldn’t be able to maintain the transformation permanently anyway.
Necrozma being maimed permanently is just a theory, there's no mention in-game whatsoever that Necrozma was maimed permanently. There was mention of too much energy being taken away from it, but they never said it was permanent.

Necrozma being maimed permanently is just a theory, there's no mention in-game whatsoever that Necrozma was maimed permanently. There was mention of too much energy being taken away from it, but they never said it was permanent.
Even if its organs raining in Alola as Z-Power Rings didn’t make it obvious...
Bulbapedia explicitly says that its a permanent injury:
However, the residents of Ultra Megalopolis attempted to gain control of Necrozma in order to recreate the light it shares. As a result, Necrozma was permanently crippled, transforming into a crystalline body while experiencing constant pain. Pieces of its original body rained down onto Alola in the form of Sparkling Stones, which would result in the creation of the Z-Ring.

I think that Primal forms like in gen 4 could be called "Celestial " for those legendaries.... don't complain there are many fans of those forms and many became fans because of many new things.

For a long time the competitive community has been debating about the speed stat and its importance in the metagame. Some peoples already have suggested splitting it into two new stats: Physical Speed and Special Speed, just as happened with the movements from the fourth generation on.

However, there would be many cons to make such a change, as it would not solve much of the problem that some claim to face with the stat, and that would end up with used, even by little, mixed sets. Further limiting the variety factor of the metagame.

But there is a suggestion that has also been debated for some time, which already exists in other games, and that I really believe that could definitly balance the speed stat:

Speed Modifiers

It would be basically add speed modifiers for each movement individually, as is already done in the case of Power and Accuracy. That means that some movements (probably the stronger ones) could be slower, while other movements (probably the weaker ones) could be faster.

The main difference between such a system from the Priority system is that, in addition to being able to present a much wider range of options for them to classify movements, unlike the Priority system it would still be directly tied to the speed of the Pokémon.

For example: they probably didn't want to give priority to many middle-power moves by thinking that players could ignore common movements, and begin to use movesets based only on those medium power moves with priority, and with EVs invested in defensive traits and attack only (completely ignoring the speed stat).

With this system, that would not happen, since the speed stat would still be important for the use of these moves, if you always wants to attack first, it would not be enough to your Pokémon to only be good defensively and offensively, you would still have to invest in speed, and that's what makes it all balanced. The player would still have to give up on another stat trait to be able to invest in speed, unlike the priority moves.

Also, in a way to simplify the system and make it more intuitive, they could modify the UI of the game, and besides the speed modifier, also begin to classify other modifiers like Power and Accuracy also by rates:

Ym59vbb.gif

Image merely illustrative. Like in the image, the numbers should still be shown to the player, along with the addition of the rates too.

The rates could be: Ultra Low (20-), Low (25~45), Medium (50~65), High (70~100) and Ultra High (105+).

In the case of the speed modifier, the modifier would use the number as a percentage use of the speed. That means that 20-speed moves would use only 20% of the Pokémon's stat speed when used.

Differences from the Priority system

Although the concept is similar to the priority system, the later should not be totally eliminated, they are two systems that should coexist in order to reach a better balanced situation.

Movements like Protect and Extreme Speed, and things like Mega Evolution should still have priority. That's why priority should never be totally replaced.

The difference is that with the speed modifier sytem, they would have a lot more options to classified the movements. Since the priorities range goes from -7 to +5, while the possibilities with specific speed modifiers would be almost infinite (there could be movements that would use only 10% of the speed level, as movements that would use 150% or 300% of the speed).

Besides of that, as already mentioned, it is a much more balanced system to use more frequently, since it would still depend on the speed stat, as opposed to the priority system, which ignores it completely. So, they would not feel as limited to adding higher speed values to a greater variety of attacks, as they feel today to add higher priorities to them.

Metagame changes

Some changes that would happen with the implementation of this system:

- The speed stat would be a little more balanced overall;

- Some movements that when are combined with faster Pokémon becomes a bit broken now, like Outrage, could have their speed level setted to medium or even to low, increasing the unpredictability and depth of the battles;

- Pokémon with lower speed stats and bad defensively, could finally find a place in the metagame, using high-speed moves (like: Sawk
539.png
, Nidoking
034.png
, Clawitzer
693.png
, and Decidueye
724.png
);

- Some moves could have their speed level setted to high (but not to the point of being a priority move) in order to compensate for their low power level, so in that way they would become more used in metagame. So, attacks that are often useless to players now because of their low level of power (like some Punch and Fang moves, and others, like: Fire Punch, Fire Fang, Thunder Punch, Needle Arm, Ice Fang, Shadow Punch, and Poison Fang), could finally begin to be used in metagame.

Off-topic

In addition to that, we have already seen that Eeveelutions are introduced in order to fit with/introduce new systems:

Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon - Probably were introduced to introduce to the player the system of evolution's stones;
Espeon and Umbreon - Dark Type and Day and Night System;
Leafeon and Glaceon - Physical and Special Split;
Sylveon - Fairy Type and Affection System.

So, it would be a great excuse to introduce two new eeveelutions of old types: Rock and Flying.

The Rock-type Eeveelution could introduce Rock-type movements with high power levels and high accuracy levels (which we don't have yet), and that in return would have low levels of speed.

The Flying-type Eeveelution could introduce Flying-type movements with medium or low power levels and that in return would have high speed levels (as I said, the priority system must coexist with this system, because they are different things, that when are together allow a better balance. But for reference only, we also have no Flying-type movements with positive priority's levels yet, so that would be "new" too).

None of these "ideas" were created by me, they are only things discussed by the community, that already exist in other games, and that now I would like to see in the upcoming games of Pokémon.

Last edited:
Why doesn't Jolteon have Quick Feet as it's HA? It's inferior to Volt Absorb.

Also, I wish there was a way to unlock a Pokémon's HA. You can use magic (like with Madame Celadon) to explain the change.

Why doesn't Jolteon have Quick Feet as it's HA? It's inferior to Volt Absorb.

Also, I wish there was a way to unlock a Pokémon's HA. You can use magic (like with Madame Celadon) to explain the change.

Honestly, I always thought a Hidden Ability Capsule would be ncie and could be explained as to have originated from Unova, modifying the original Ability Capsule using the research of Fennel regarding the Dream World (Where Hidden Abilities originate from).

Something that unlocks a HA easier outside of breeding or in-game event in general would be nice though.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom