• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What "little things," details, small flourishes, etc. did you appreciate?

I liked how the Pokemon models were up to scale compared to their trainers. It really puts the size of the Pokemon into perspective. There were some Pokemon who I used to think were much bigger or smaller than they really are (the anime is partially to blame), but then a trainer sends out their Pokemon, and you realize that Gyarados is actually quite small or that Granbull is actually pretty quite big. Their attention to detail in this game is really quite remarkable.

I liked how the Pokemon models were up to scale compared to their trainers. It really puts the size of the Pokemon into perspective. There were some Pokemon who I used to think were much bigger or smaller than they really are (the anime is partially to blame), but then a trainer sends out their Pokemon, and you realize that Gyarados is actually quite small or that Granbull is actually pretty quite big. Their attention to detail in this game is really quite remarkable.
I think a few of the bigger ones are still a bit off-Dhelmise is supposed to be twelve feet tall, and Wailord is supposed to be massive, but both of them are still smaller than trainers-but that's probably to keep them in the frame.

I think a few of the bigger ones are still a bit off-Dhelmise is supposed to be twelve feet tall, and Wailord is supposed to be massive, but both of them are still smaller than trainers-but that's probably to keep them in the frame.
Didn't stop them from making Alolan Exeggutor. ;-)

Just kidding of course. I would love to see them further develop the scaling thingy. For example, I'm curious to know how Gourgeist looks, knowing that it has different sizes.

And of course: make Wailord freakishly huge that it blocks the entire screen. That would make me buy any new Pokemon game without hesitation.

That or to ensure that the 3DS doesn't have a meltdown when they appear.

I definitely remember Wailord being much more gigantic in Colosseum, so the handheld limitations are probably why.

That or to ensure that the 3DS doesn't have a meltdown when they appear.

I definitely remember Wailord being much more gigantic in Colosseum, so the handheld limitations are probably why.
I think the most accurate representation of wailord was Pokémon battle revolution. For how little that game was good for, that was one of my favorite parts.

• BEING ABLE TO SIT IN CHAIRS, MY GOD.
  • Being able to watch TV that wasn't freaking malasada commercials.
  • Being able to look in trash cans.
  • BIKES.

For some reason, I still find myself walking into chairs just wondering it'll be the one that lets me sit down~ 3X

I actually forgot how upset I was at every TV being turned into a Malasada Commercial. After Gen 5's amazing variety of TV shows that were so in-depth and made the world feel so much more immersive at just how many programs they had, I'm truly saddened by them going so far backwards with TV~ They literally could have just re-wrote the same ones from Gen 5 and upgraded to some Gen 7 Pokemon names and I would have been happy.

Same thing with Trash Cans as chairs~ XP

And it took me till half-way through the game to wonder where the bike was~ Seriously, why did they get rid of it? :eek: Did they really think I would want to ride a Tauros or Stoutland everywhere over a bike?

I like the random little scenes here and there, like the one with the crankypants Tauros at the ranch that you help calm down, or the lady in the cemetary whose husband died and she inherited his Machamp. Gives more life to the world, like, "Oh hey, these people have lives beyond whatever it is I'm up to as the main character."

I wondered where I should mention the woman at the Cemetery~ It just seems so...so deep at how it was included. :eek: The woman literally has an entire story about not just her husband's death, but how it happened, how she felt about it, how others felt about it. It was honestly putting me in the feels.

I was a bit disappointed that in the end, it was all just to give you Fling. And I just came upon the scene by chance while searching for an UB. It makes me sad that something so touching could potentially be missed by some people. 3:

And it took me till half-way through the game to wonder where the bike was~ Seriously, why did they get rid of it? :eek: Did they really think I would want to ride a Tauros or Stoutland everywhere over a bike?

The rationale was probably more along the lines of, "Well Tauros/Stoutland kinda makes the bike completely redundant..."

I actually forgot how upset I was at every TV being turned into a Malasada Commercial. After Gen 5's amazing variety of TV shows that were so in-depth and made the world feel so much more immersive at just how many programs they had, I'm truly saddened by them going so far backwards with TV~ They literally could have just re-wrote the same ones from Gen 5 and upgraded to some Gen 7 Pokemon names and I would have been happy.

I think they made the commercials air all the time as a nod to the fact that we mostly get a lot of commercials on the television, and people get simply bored watching them.

The new pokéball inheritance... ohhhh this makes getting everything in a nice ball (especially beast with it's awful capture rate) FAR easier.

I like Poke Pelago. I'm glad that my Pokemon have something fun to do while they're boxed.

Fingers crossed for Gen VIII implementing a feature where I can go into the backyard of the nursery and say hi to my Ditto who's perpetually there so it knows I still love it.

A little detail from the localised English script about Mohn. Kinda endearing that he refers to the protags as "my boy" or "my girl".
Then I thought to myself that I could totally picture him calling his kids that back before he fell into a wormhole.

Uh...why?

I was joking about it warming my heart, but I kind of like that you can turn your character into a bit of a snarker if you want. Of course, choosing the mean options made me feel bad, so I doubt I'll do it again.

Another thing. Wild grass isn't a grid anymore, or at last doesn't look like a grid (with corners and such). It looks a lot more natural. Actually it's most, if not the entire, region that follows suit. The beaches don't have corners either. It's something I have been looking forward to.

Getting a Sylveon is a real time-saver thanks to Rainbow Beans. One is needed to boost Eevee's affection in Pokémon Refresh beyond the condition.

On Route 3, you can find Bagon on the cliff's edge, with a 1% encounter rate. But directly beneath that edge, in the patch of grass in Kala'e Bay, you can find Bagon with a 10% encounter rate. And if we look at Bagon's Pokédex entries, we can find this piece of information:

> "Bagon has a dream of one day soaring in the sky. In doomed efforts to fly, this Pokémon hurls itself off cliffs. As a result of its dives, its head has grown tough and as hard as tempered steel."

When I realized this, I was floored. Bagon are more common at the bottom of the cliff because they jump off the top! They actually integrated the detail about Bagon jumping off of cliffs into the area's layout and distribution - I can't remember the last time they did something like that. Not to mention that it's also a really cool use of the vertical dimension of the area.

Not only this, but the fact that only the Bagon at the top of the cliff will call ally Salamence. Those Bagon that finally learned to fly were able to go back up to the top.

From an immersion perspective, I also liked the fact that Chansey only appear as allies to the baby Pokemon. (Sure made trying to get one annoying, though...)

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom