• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What means of transport do you use for daily activities?

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Would it be a car, a motorcycle, a bicycle, bus/train for commutes or are you maybe lucky enough to be in an area where most of the things you need daily are available in walking distance? Do you have to use taxis frequently?

I still do not have a license, so I mostly take the bus or just walk, but sometimes if some friend or family member is about to take a ride that is convenient, I join over.

I usually just walk, I'm lucky (depends on how you see it) enough to live close enough to the city center that I can walk there whenever necessary. I do have a license but don't have a car. There's also a rent a bike system in my city, I used to ride the bikes a fair bit as I enjoy it and its somewhat decent exercise, although in the past few months I haven't used it anywhere near as much as it's not a perfect system and I have had issues.

Back when I attended school part-time last year, I had to bike (1.5miles/2.5km each way) and... it wasn't too bad? I still would have much rather preferred... not doing that, but honestly having a license isn't high on my priorities list. The issue is! is that as I've been looking for a small part time job, it's been a bit more apparent to me that my relative inability to... commute quickly and long, I guess? is kind of biting me in the back a little. I don't want to have to bike every day (ish) again....... at least this year I'm going to be doing college remotely, so I don't need to worry about commuting or anything. Thank god LOL. Biking is sometimes fun, especially in the winter, and I need to make sure I get out of the house but... it's a pain kind of??

So I need to actually practice driving. I really do not like doing it at all, but... I have a permit, so it's only a matter of remembering how to do it and such, basically? let's face it i probably won't ever end up practicing lol freeways and highways are hell on earth

If I'm lucky and end up attending university in Japan, I'll be in a big city, so I won't need anything other than... my legs (and a train probably). Walkable cities are super nice, and I wish there were more in America! Driving everywhere is lame LOL...

I can walk to my work rn and I walk to grocery stores and such as there are a few I can walk to. However for most things,since I cant drive I use Uber. Its unfortunately pretty expensive so I only use it when I really need to meaning most of the time I have to do things I can walk to.

I use the bus primarly, then the train if I need to.

I can't drive, so I rely on my family or friends to get me to places. It makes me feel like a big burden, but there are health reasons that I've never learned to drive. D:

When I lived on my own in a small town, I walked to places. I am less capable of this now due to illness, but can still walk some. Nevertheless, this was a bit of a problem because the big grocery stores were on the very opposite end of town, which was extremely rough on me to walk to even pre-illness. Walking alone also makes me feel very vulnerable and it always has made me scared. So, it's not a great idea altogether.

When I move I'm going to have to learn how to use public transportation. I have used it very little where I currently live because it's barely existent here. (and was nonexistent in the small town) But I did use the buses here a bit in the early 2010s. That always made me feel a bit unsafe, too. D: I'm going to have to get used to it, and learn how to do it safely.

Mostly walking and bus. We live very close to the city center so shopping isn't a huge walk away, and on the way back once we're loaded with bags we just hop on the bus - which doesn't cost us anything since the shops and our apartment are within the free transport zone. So great!!

I strongly dislike driving, but I also live in the middle of nowhere USA, so almost nothing's in walking distance and public transportation does not exist, so... I do live at home with my parents and between my six person family we have two cars so often when I have to go somewhere someone else has to come with as well because the car has to be used for something else later, so whenever that happens I make whoever else is coming with drive, but it regardless of who ends up in the driver's seat, 95% of the time when I have to go places it is one of the two aforementioned cars.

I walk pretty much everywhere I need to go regularly, which is really nice to be able to do. I bike a lot for fun and exercise, but never really to go anywhere I guess. I can drive, but I really dislike it and try to avoid it as much as possible.

I live in a place absorbed by car culture so I have no other options. I wish I could live in a walkable city.

I go by car. Where I go is relatively close, but I would have to leave really early to get there. Going by car can take a while, with the traffic, but is probably 4 times as quick.

Seeing as I live in a moderately large city I kinda have to drive or get driven everywhere, public transport where I live is okay but kind of inefficient. All of the places I regular are not to far away usually about 20 minutes farthest but it’s hard to walk about and I have some issues with my legs.

i wish i could walk everywhere (eco friendly + good exercise) but sadly it's like a ten minute walk to the nearest building where i live so that's out of the question! (nearest building being my neighbors' house btw lmao)
i just go places in a car (my parents' more specifically, i can't drive yet, but i'd like to change that soon)

Currently for work, I take the shuttle that my company provides. Basically, they would pick people up from their houses, drop them off at the office and then drop people back home at the end of the day.

For normal day use, I do drive mainly because while there's decent public transportation, it's still better to drive. However, if I'm going into city center or going up to San Francisco, I would take the bus and train as needed.

If I'm grabbing groceries, going to a nearby restaurant or boba, I would just walk or bike since I do live in an area where there are lots of supermarkets, restaurants and coffee/boba shops.

So yeah, I do use a variety of transportation. Mainly car and (electric) bike for the most part for me.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom