• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Mechanics from Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee Would You Like to See in 8th Gen?

Bolt Strike

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
Let's Go PIkachu and Eevee are making a lot of changes to the gameplay. And while some of these changes are controversial, others may actually benefit the series as a whole. So which of these do you want to see in other games going forward?

Here is what I would like to see carry over:

Wild Pokemon in the overworld- This was something I saw a lot of people expect before the games were announced, it makes the areas feel more lively. Also, it prevents you from getting ambushed by wild Pokemon when you just want to pass through an area.

Co-op- Regardless if you're a casual or hardcore player I think there's just so much inherent interest in being able to journey through the region with a friend. I'd be shocked if they cut this in 8th gen, it just fits the series' spirit so well.

Following Pokemon- Fans have been clamoring for this to return ever since HGSS and now it finally has. This is such a highly requested feature that they should probably make it a series standard from here on out. Would also be great to tie this in with Poke Ride to help give the mechanic a practical use (if this isn't what they're doing already in LGPE).

Those are all the confirmed new features, except for the Go-related ones.

Not realistic at all. Pick one and pray to Masuda-sama.

Those are all the confirmed new features, except for the Go-related ones.

Not realistic at all. Pick one and pray to Masuda-sama.

If this is not realistic then clearly he doesn't understand console gaming (considering he's positioning a casualized remake meant to draw in mobile fans as the series' take on a console game, I'd say so), console games inherently bring high expectations like this because of increased budgets and demand for longer and deeper games. Maybe the problem is, you know, LG needs more to it, not that it's unreasonable to expect all of these things to be series standards?

- Mobile PC
- Personal PokeRide
- Following Pokemon
- Co-op

I'm expecting they'll just drop the latter two, especially the last one.

Uhhh, Pokemon following you and the mobile PC I guess. Co-ops neat too even if it's not my cup of tea. I don't like GO's catching mechanics and I don't want them in the main series. I need to see how the game plays to see how I feel about the other changes.

GO capture mechanics, mainly because I like seeing it trigger everyone else lol

In all seriousness, a hybrid between GO and traditional capture mechanics, wear the Pokemon down in a battle first, and then whenever you think it's time to try to catch it and you select a Pokeball, it brings up the GO capture mechanics. So basically, throwing the Pokeballs but with battles also. How's that for a compromise? Everybody should like that.

I would like:

Following Pokémon.

Personal PokéRide.

Co-op.

Wild Pokémon in the overworld. Of all of the mechanics that I want to see in Gen. 8, this is the one I want to see the most.

Co-op is a neat idea, I would like to see it come to mainline Pokemon games. Unfortunately, from the way they're talking I imagine that probably won't happen.

The Poke Rider being your own Pokemon is also a great idea.

I'm split on Pokemon being in the overworld. I'd have to really play it for myself to form an opinion.

Pokemon following I could do without. I've never understood the appeal to the feature at all. I've always been annoyed because usually the Pokemon I find most adorable that I would want to be visible by my trainer is not the one that gets to be there because of the way the system works and I can't see that changing. The feature should be optional, but I know it never will be. If it's present it will always be forced on us. *sigh*

Following Pokémon, existing Wild Pokémon encounters, as well as editable name system from GO to replace fixed name systems and Name Rater of core-series games.
It's annoying and amusing why I can change Pokémon's nicknames in GO randomly when I can't do so in main-series games. And is why I don't nickname my Pokémon in the latter.

- Following Pokemon
-Co-op
- PC being on hand.
- a choice between throwing Pokeballs directly and wild battles or combining both like @EmpoleonProd suggested.
- any suitable Pokemon being used as ride Pokémon
- dressing up the region's starters in the first stage.

Here's the Let's Go mechanics I think would benefit the main series:
  • Co-Op play
  • Following Pokémon
  • Using our own Pokémon for Poké Ride
  • @EmpoleonProd's method of implementing GO-related catching in the main series. I believe it would improve immersion in the game world and would keep a lot of people on their toes in a good way.
Whether or not this list expands depends on what features LGPE actually have beyond what we already know at this point in time.

• Co-Op play but expanded on. Instead, you can just connect online with a friend, and they can bring their whole team over with them.
  • On the Go PC. I just learned that LGPE will have this and I am so happy
  • Following Pokemon/Using your own Pokemon as ride Pokemon. Fro what I've heard, it seems whenever you want a big Pokemon that you can ride to follow you, you will just ride on it.
  • Being able to edit Pokemon's name, anytime. Another thing I totally forgot about, but I love. I hate when I nickname a Pokemon early in the game, and realize I don't like the name, and have to wait to get to the name rater. .

Wild Pokemon on map.
Party Pokemon on map.

That's literally it.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom