• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Mechanics from Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee Would You Like to See in 8th Gen?

Following Pokémon, existing Wild Pokémon encounters, as well as editable name system from GO to replace fixed name systems and Name Rater of core-series games.
It's annoying and amusing why I can change Pokémon's nicknames in GO randomly when I can't do so in main-series games. And is why I don't nickname my Pokémon in the latter.

Isn't that because they're all your Pokemon because you can't get any in trades?

Isn't that because they're all your Pokemon because you can't get any in trades?
They’re not talking about trade Pokémon. Say you catch a caterpie in viridian and name it Kathy. But you realize you don’t like that name. You are stuck with that name until you get to the name rather, instead f having the ability to change the name right there.

They’re not talking about trade Pokémon. Say you catch a caterpie in viridian and name it Kathy. But you realize you don’t like that name. You are stuck with that name until you get to the name rather, instead f having the ability to change the name right there.
Yeah. Agreed. It's a big hassle to change nicknames for Pokémon in core series, and it's annoying that Pokémon GO removed these hassles when adding freedom on changing nicknames.

Yeah. Agreed. It's a big hassle to change nicknames for Pokémon in core series, and it's annoying that Pokémon GO removed these hassles when adding freedom on changing nicknames.
However GO doesn’t have a name rather, especially considering it doesn’t have you traveling. I think side games like PMD do the same thing as GO. Pretty sure only the main games prevent you from changing it whenever.

However GO doesn’t have a name rather, especially considering it doesn’t have you traveling. I think side games like PMD do the same thing as GO. Pretty sure only the main games prevent you from changing it whenever.
PMD is still the same as main-games, but only allow name change after evolutions.

Ah okay. Yeah, there's no reason to lock it to some dude. Digimon lets you change them anytime you want no matter where you are for all mons (though there's no trading). Pokemon should do the same

Or at least put the dude in the professors lab or something

Nonion rings

I'd like coop but the way let's go handles it seems to break the game and immersion a little.

I think most people are in agreement that following Pokémon/riding on larger Pokémon and seeing wild Pokémon (as opposed to random encounters) are very favourable features that need to be implemented in Pokémon 2019.

As it currently stands, I don't really mind if the LGO co-op system is also in Pokémon 2019 or not, however, I would like to see an "online server" of sorts where you can play co-op with others online and do quests together (as well as battle and trade). For now though, I will be content with the former 2 features making it's way to Pokémon 2019, and all future core series games.

Definitely the “send to professor to earn EV candy” feature, revealed during the Treehouse. It would work excellently with breeding and shiny hunting as a whole, as you can get buffing items to train your competitive Pokémon faster by just sending the breedjects to the professor.

Double Kick Pikachu was totally unexpected, but hey-let's keep up these unorthodox move-set changes (And yes, I know they gave it Double Kick solely to help Pika-players take on Brock successfully).

- following and riding pokemon
- battle in pairs only if there are pairs to fight againts, the 2 vs 1 is unfair in that game.
- gym system
- some pokemon visible to catch
- better battle animation and moves especially grass moves don't look grassy enough. vine whip?

Throwing berries at Pokemon. It was about time we got a way to increase a Pokemon's capture rate that wasn't dependant on moves, so you can increase the capture chances while you're in a hurry. And berries are also easy to obtain and harvest, personally I don't use any berries other than Leppa and the friendship berries.

Another thing is the removal of held items. I don't fully agree with the removal, but I hope they use this break to streamline redundant and useless items, and keep niche items like Flame Orb or Lagging Tail to PokeMarkets, so the players carry less useless stuff on their bags. If I was in charge, I would delete most held items except Mega Stones and Z Crystals, and replace them with Pokeball-dependant effects.

I dont see them dropping the co-op (making it an option) but i can see them improving on it such as allowing player 2 to have their own 6 pokemon instead of 2 people splitting one team of 6 pokemon. And I do hope they keep the co-op and expand/improve it.
It would just be better to play with another person than a computer ally and while these games are hitting tv consoles it should give the option to play the game with a friend with their own pokemon. This would of course have to have more double/group battles throughout the game and allow the players more freedom to have a set/themed team since it would be their own.
I do hope to see them keep this kind of game art instead of the game graphics of Alola. It was nice, but I like the Chibi stuff more. And I would imagine they would keep the pokemon being outside of pokeballs and being able to ride them. I find it awesome they have them as lifesize scale. I can't wait to see what snorlax looks like walking around.

I dont see them dropping the co-op (making it an option) but i can see them improving on it such as allowing player 2 to have their own 6 pokemon instead of 2 people splitting one team of 6 pokemon. And I do hope they keep the co-op and expand/improve it.
It would just be better to play with another person than a computer ally and while these games are hitting tv consoles it should give the option to play the game with a friend with their own pokemon. This would of course have to have more double/group battles throughout the game and allow the players more freedom to have a set/themed team since it would be their own.
I do hope to see them keep this kind of game art instead of the game graphics of Alola. It was nice, but I like the Chibi stuff more. And I would imagine they would keep the pokemon being outside of pokeballs and being able to ride them. I find it awesome they have them as lifesize scale. I can't wait to see what snorlax looks like walking around.

It'd be better to have 3 each. So you're both forced to choose 3 of your Mons. It's already making it easy with 2v1 trainer battles, do we really need it even easier with 12 Pokemon vs 1-3?

It'd be better to have 3 each. So you're both forced to choose 3 of your Mons. It's already making it easy with 2v1 trainer battles, do we really need it even easier with 12 Pokemon vs 1-3?
I am talking about future games. If they keep this feature they would have to improve and expand on it for it to work.
more group and double battles would have to be in the game naturally with each having at most 6 pokemon. we can get rid of 2v1 battles.
co-op shouldnt make the game easier... the game should be harder so the co-op should at least be normal.
think of when you battled in the past with a computer ally who had its own pokemon against a couple of trainers. you and the computer had their own pokemon and could have up to 6.

---
edited addon
---

if someone doesnt want to co-op the game could give the option for single or double player at the beginning of the game. if chosen as single the single player will just have to send two pokemon out at a time instead of 1. perhaps they will have it you with 6 against two people with 12. I dont see how that is a big deal as most of the time trainers dont even fill up their 6 slots while the player does.
Maybe they can have it (maybe a code or something) to where if you are single the groups or couples opposing you will take you on one at a time and if you have a partner they will challenge you both at the same time depending what you choose at the beginning of the game (single or double player).

or the unlikable idea of having a computer companion for the whole game if you are a single player.

Last edited:
Never gonna happen mate. It's a series aimed at kids under 12 and they're terrified of mobile gaming, they aint gonna make it harder. If anything, like you said, kids will be teaming up to do 12v1.. and will somehow still lose.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom