• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Mechanics from Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee Would You Like to See in 8th Gen?

Never gonna happen mate. It's a series aimed at kids under 12 and they're terrified of mobile gaming, they aint gonna make it harder. If anything, like you said, kids will be teaming up to do 12v1.. and will somehow still lose.
Agreed. 12 Pokemon on one side could be too easy and too time-consuming, and may lag harder than just 6.

Agreed. 12 Pokemon on one side could be too easy and too time-consuming, and may lag harder than just 6.

I mean, I clearly meant 2 at a time.

although tbf, 12v1 vs Ultra Necrozma wihtout Dark Type or Posion cheating, I'd lose too

riding your pokemon, and that's it tbh. I dont really see the appeal of following pokemon, it's an eyesore for me haha. Hope that if it happens, we can choose to walk alone

Mine would have to be these:
-Pokemon Walking with you (and I assume them being rode on, removing HMs)
-Pokemon seen in the over world to fight. This could remove the need of tall grass, and make the worlds seem more organic.
-Go capture mechanics but refined. Like have us use the classic battle wild Pokemon, lower HP, but then have us throw the Ball like in Lets GO, and that circle thing shows us our chance of capture after weakening it or placing a status.
-Nickname Pokemon on the fly
-PC Box is in your bag, removing the need to shuffle your Pokemon by going to a Pokemon Center and getting it out of the PC if needed.

but then have us throw the Ball like in Lets GO, and that circle thing shows us our chance of capture after weakening it or placing a status.

I hope they really dont do this, because as someone with disabilities, having to keep throwing pokeballs (esp on the 3% catches like legendaries) would make my pain much worse and could mean i wouldn't be able to play the games anymore

I wonder if they aren't opening a loophole for them to get sued by disabled people who might get stuck. Any lawsuit would get rejected, but still.

I mean they could just have a simple option to sat "not motion controls". I mean, if Mario Kart can do it, so can Pokemon. But I do get what you guys mean, though my arms are fine, I'm disable waist below, so its hard when a game requires motion of a specific type, essentially blocking you from playing.

I hope they really dont do this, because as someone with disabilities, having to keep throwing pokeballs (esp on the 3% catches like legendaries) would make my pain much worse and could mean i wouldn't be able to play the games anymore

If it's brought back, make it optional. I really think if they forced you to do this for all attempted captures, I'd just give up forever or stop catching Pokes

If it's brought back, make it optional. I really think if they forced you to do this for all attempted captures, I'd just give up forever or stop catching Pokes

Yeah, i wouldn't even care if motion controls gave you more advantages. It would affect your playstyle only, anyway, so i'd rather take the normal odds than having more chances but absolutelly destroy my wrist.

Imo, the only reason they can pull off Pokemon walking behind you in the LGPE games is because they have a limited amount of Pokemon.

If they bring back motion control in gen 8, i doubt its optional, since then i cannot see many people using it, meaning its pointless too even integrate it in the first place.

I know the follow mechanic is probably difficult to implement but it adds so much to the bonding experience they seem to want to emphasize in each game. Besides, I'd love to walk around looking like badass with a Gliscor, Simisage, or Passimian behind me!

I wouldn't mind if they kept that new female Eevee tail design. I always appreciated Pokemon with small gender differences and they just gave up on them as soon as they introduced them .bring them back, and give some other pre-existing Pokemon more differences!

I wouldn't mind if they kept that new female Eevee tail design. I always appreciated Pokemon with small gender differences and they just gave up on them as soon as they introduced them .bring them back, and give some other pre-existing Pokemon more differences!

Wait what's the difference?

That female Eevee in LGPE has a heart-shaped tail tip compared to the female Eevee in other games such as core games and PMD.

I better hope this kind stays on this game and not carry over to Gen 8.

Oh right I noticed that but I thought it was just something special for the starter since it wasn't very obvious.

I wouldn't mind either, I like it way better than female pikachus honestly. female pikachu's never grew on me. Female eevee's tail looks more natural than female pikachu's. I just hope that in the future if they add gender differences to pokemon who didnt have them before, that they don't make them all have heart shaped whatever on them.

While I'd like the female Eevee designed to be carried over, it's just gonna be for the starter Eevee since that's what the Japanese site specified. It does confirm they'll be coded as separate forms from regular Pikachu & Eevee, though.

I do hope the starters can be transferred out of their games eventually, though, because that's the only other way they can keep the design then. It'd be odd if we're unable to transfer them since I imagine many kids would be attached to them, at least more than Spiky-Eared Pichu or Cosplay Pikachu.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom