• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Mechanics from Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee Would You Like to See in 8th Gen?

seriously most of them but with better animation for grass, electric and other moves.
Good that it seems that regural 1trainer vs 1 trainer is posibble.

Exactly this way should gen 8 work. imagine if you could move your pokemon during battle like you would be in its place and the game would be perfect, even if you would use the turn after turn method.

Of all the LGPE features, the one that I think needs to absolutely come back and become a stable of the series is following/riding all Pokemon.

I don't really care much about overworld Pokemon, Go catching, co-op, dress up Pokemon, etc. Just let me keep my following Pokemon. My favorite part of the game already.

Following Pokemon and being able to switch while out in the field. The rest I'm not a fan of.

Apparently the Kanto starters are available in the wild in Let's Go.

I wouldn't mind this being implemented in future games. To continue in the realm of rarity, the starters could have a 1% chance of appearing in specific areas/times of day/etc. But hey-at least you can technically still catch one!

Riding/Following Pokemon is the biggest feature for me. I love it so much much and being able to have so many different kinds o Pokemon follow you will be awesome

I'd also like the Dress-Up Pokemon features, even if it's not as extensive. Co-Op is also pretty cool, and if they found a way to have it that your friend actually had their own team while playing the game with you, would be actually awesome.

The idea of having powerful coverage moves for all unevolved Pokémon like Pikachu and Eevee have in the new trailer is definitely something I'd like to see carry over into future generations, provided they have certain restrictions on them as to not completely break the game.

My idea would be called Premium Moves, which carry the following characteristics and restrictions:
  • Premium moves are made for your NFE Pokémon in order give it type coverage for its weaknesses. However, your Pokémon cannot learn a premium move with the same type as it (which prevents gaining STAB from them).
  • All premium moves are taught through a new TM variant called a PM (Premium Machine), which have to be bought at the Poké Mart or a similar store. PMs essentially work like TMs did before Gen 5.
  • Premium moves cannot be known by fully evolved Pokémon, and are forgotten upon evolving your Pokémon.
  • Also, premium moves may or may not all have baby names just for the lols.
BTW, I could easily see this idea being the new gimmick of Gen 8.

Kallyle said:
However, your Pokémon cannot learn a premium move with the same type as it (which prevents gaining STAB from them).
This restriction doesn't apply to Pikachu or Eevee, and I doubt that will make them broken. The moves are situational.

Or I guess you're talking about the new regular moves like Splishy Splash. I wouldn't call those a mechanic; they only work in a specific context.

This restriction doesn't apply to Pikachu or Eevee, and I doubt that will make them broken. The moves are situational.

Or I guess you're talking about the new regular moves like Splishy Splash. I wouldn't call those a mechanic; they only work in a specific context.
I'm talking about the regular moves. I think the type coverage for that could be implemented into Gen 8, provided it's restricted to not-fully-evolved Pokémon.

A combination between Poke Pelago and Go Park needs to happen. Poke Pelago has multiple areas with rewards in them where Pokemon from your PC are found, whereas Go Park has your Pokemon's 3D models in a field showing their traits in special ways. It could be like the Poke Ranch or the Friend Areas from Mystery Dungeon, but with 3D models and interactions with you!

I want them to include
  • Pokemon following you (the way Bulbasaur runs looks so cute!)
  • Riding Pokemon
  • Co-Op looks very promising and could have great potential for double battles
  • Wild interactions!!! It looks amazing to see the Pokemon approach you and walk out of the grass, I would be surprised that people wouldn't like it tbh.
I don't mind the throwing mechanics from Go but I think it should be optional and you should be able to battle the Pokemon in the traditional way.

The number one feature I want to see carried over is the ability to manipulate Natures of Pokemon you encounter in the wild in addition to Abra and Espeon's Syncronize ability..

Where in the distortion world was this idea?!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom