• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Mechanics from Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee Would You Like to See in 8th Gen?

I think it's because Pokemon are immediately healed when you put them in the PC, which would mean you could heal your party completely at any point.

@Greninjaman because it would effect difficulty otherwise. You can just switch to healthy Pokémon whenever you want trivial routes and dungeons.

Also I'll say this preemptively "don't use it then" is not a proper counterargument. There a reason why there isn't 300 instant level up potions that the player is free to use or not use in every single player rpg.

@Ereshkigal that's not the same. At all. O powers have long cool down period and the doctor like NPCs are like beds and Pokémon centers. They are only in one point as well.

@Ereshkigal that's not the same. At all. O powers have long cool down period and the doctor like NPCs are like beds and Pokémon centers. They are only in one point as well.

Maybe in theory. In actual play, I never noticed the cool down of O-powers being any real obstacle.

The new Nature selection lady that got recently revealed should definitely be carried over to future games.
Really? LGPE is honestly the only time where it can be used to its full extent. Carry her to Gen VIII and Synchronize's field effect makes this almost as redundant as the Move Deleter in SM/USM.

Really? LGPE is honestly the only time where it can be used to its full extent. Carry her to Gen VIII and Synchronize's field effect makes this almost as redundant as the Move Deleter in SM/USM.
Synchronize only makes the nature the same as the user's, and it's only guaranteed for eggs and gift Pokemon-wild Pokemon still have a 48% chance of having a different nature. A way to summon Pokemon that are guaranteed to have any nature you want (as opposed to having 21 different Synchronize users) would still be an improvement.

Why on Earth should I waste my time with Synchronize when Madam Celadon is much more effective/efficient in nearly every way?

Let’s break this down:

-Catch Pokemon with Symchronize and the desired Nature (remember that all Synchronizers found in the wild have a 50% chance of having a different ability.)
-find Pokémon actually desired.
-pray the rng is on your side because Synchronize only works ~50% of the time.

Or...

-Go to Madam Celadon, cut out the middle man altogether, and just get the Pokémon I want with the Nature I want.

If anything, Madam Celadon makes Synchronize obsolete. Why would anyone ever wanna go back?

Madam Celadon is definitely something they need to keep. Being able to control natures is such an immense feature.

They could always lock it away until post-game if they feel its too OP, or unlock certain natures once we reach certain points in the story. But to not bring it back will be a crime.

Madam Celadon becoming a thing for every game from now on would be Arceus' gift to mankind.

And I don't feel that for a standard playthrough it's too OP. Sure, it makes some things easier, but it's not like we can freely control the IV and EVs during a regular first-time playthrough. (Well, unless you use PKHex or just trade perfect IV'ed mons from one game to that one, but still. You get my point.)

Co-Op, EXP when you capture Pokemon, Pokemon follow you around (looks like they're doing that now)

The starter having perfect IVs. It feels nice to know that your starter Pokemon isn’t inferior to other Pokémon of its species and you need to breed to get the ‘perfect one’.
This. This so much. Can we retroactively make sure that any and all 'gift' Starters have perfect IV's?

Speaking of Starters, I absolutely adore all the focus these games' Starters are getting and I hope it continues into future games. I want to have the ability to dress my Starter, give it haircuts, see special and unique animations, etc.

Last edited:
Speaking of Starters, I absolutely adore all the focus these games' Starters are getting and I hope it continues into future games. I want to have the ability to dress my Starter, give it haircuts, see special and unique animations, etc.
I definitely wouldn’t be opposed to version-exclusive mascot starters as the norm for now on instead of the typical Grass-Fire-Water trio, as having starters with type advantages against each other would work just as well in getting the point across about some types being better against other types. The whole “box legendary” thing is used a bit too much right now, and I feel as though Game Freak habit of just making the box legend a required capture has made the concept of box legendaries grow a little stale.

It worked for Black & White because another important character got the opposing legendary. Also, the only reason it made sense in SM for us to catch Nebby was because it already knew us and Lillie didn’t think she could give it what it wanted. It didn’t really make that much sense in XY however, as I suppose knocking out the legendary should have been able to keep the Ultimate Weapon from functioning properly just as well as capturing it.

Another reason I want version exclusive starters for mascots is so that Game Freak has a harder time justifying extra installments rather than just patching in content saved for later installments through DLC.

Look, I just wanna have Bulbasaur riding on my shoulder and getting cute outfits and special animations and being able to use not-HM's outside of battle.

I like and respect both Pikachu and Eevee, but I prefer a lot of the older Starters in the series and wish that they (at least in their base form) got the Pikachu/Eevee treatment moving forward.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom