• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

What Mechanics from Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee Would You Like to See in 8th Gen?

SinnohEevee

Reaction score
Walking and Riding Pokémon should stay for eternity (imagine flying on a Garchomp in Sinnoh).
Pokémon in the overworld should stay, as well as Madame Celadon.
Heck, how about being able to change all competitive stuff like IVs, Ability, etc? Magic is a good way of justifying the change.

Arcanine10

Reaction score
The "Small species", "Big species" and "Regular species". I think different sizes of pokémon adds an extra dimension to the world, especially since real-life animals don't have the same sizes and weights.

Lillie Blossoms

Reaction score
I like these
-Optional following/riding Pokemon needs to keep remaining.
-Keep nicknaming Pokemon at will.
-Maybe keep the Pokemon box it's neat and convenient but make it more navigatable like the usual Pokemon PCs.
-Ability to change wild Pokemon natures.
-Gen starters get the Let's Go treatment for the whole line in some way(they kinda made it work in USUM through some of the cutscenes maybe more unique events if their in your party).

Last edited:

GhostLucario

Ghost maniac
Reaction score
I only care about following pokemon and pokemon riding. Oh and the nex box mechanics is everything I always wanted. But...

The rest can go to the abandoned mechanics afterlife with... pretty much every good mechanic they introduce and then take away forever for no good reason.

Cresselia92

Eye of the Swan
Reaction score
Oh, here is a mechanic that I would like to see carried on in future games and that hasn’t been discussed yet: Teleport working like a damageless U-Turn / Volt Switch.

Finally they redeemed that move in some way, and it would be a pity if they didn’t port this effect to future generations.

Myth

Reaction score
The only two things I have not seen anyone commenting about (sorry if I missed your comment):

- Optional Team Preview
- "Fixed" Premier Ball Bonus (if you buy 50 Poké Balls, you should gain 5 Premier Balls, instead of just 1. They finally" fixed" that in LGPE)

Glitchipedia

Good Bad Bug
Reaction score
Awakening values should be implemented alongside effort values, as a mid-battle power-up akin to Mega Evolution (perhaps BREAK Evolution from the TCG). Co-op should also become a standard feature, though it could use a few improvements (namely the option to import a character from another copy of the game).

Johnny Boy

Reaction score
Let all the special moves the parter eevee learns in this game be learned by all of the eeveelutions in gen 8. It’ll really help them be more viable in competitive play. Oh and there should also be a steel type eeveelution in gen 8 since eevee can learn double iron bash.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Let all the special moves the parter eevee learns in this game be learned by all of the eeveelutions in gen 8. It’ll really help them be more viable in competitive play. Oh and there should also be a steel type eeveelution in gen 8 since eevee can learn double iron bash.
Eevee cannot learn Double iron bash according to Bulbapedia. It’s melmetal's signature move.

SinnohEevee

Reaction score
The secondary effects seem OP tho.

Kippiis

Reaction score
Being able to swap out Pokemon from boxes and change nicknames whenever you want is my favorite new feature! I really hope they keep that for Gen 8. Don't see why they wouldn't.
+1. Hope they are going to add this feature soon.

Autumnfrost (Lexi)

OH LAWD HE COMIN
Reaction score
I think I'd love to see Pokemon running around in the overworld and cool cut scenes. I also really want the Pokeball Plus to be compatible.