• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Mechanics from Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee Would You Like to See in 8th Gen?

The "Small species", "Big species" and "Regular species". I think different sizes of pokémon adds an extra dimension to the world, especially since real-life animals don't have the same sizes and weights.

I like these
-Optional following/riding Pokemon needs to keep remaining.
-Keep nicknaming Pokemon at will.
-Maybe keep the Pokemon box it's neat and convenient but make it more navigatable like the usual Pokemon PCs.
-Ability to change wild Pokemon natures.
-Gen starters get the Let's Go treatment for the whole line in some way(they kinda made it work in USUM through some of the cutscenes maybe more unique events if their in your party).

Last edited:
I only care about following pokemon and pokemon riding. Oh and the nex box mechanics is everything I always wanted. But...

The rest can go to the abandoned mechanics afterlife with... pretty much every good mechanic they introduce and then take away forever for no good reason.

Oh, here is a mechanic that I would like to see carried on in future games and that hasn’t been discussed yet: Teleport working like a damageless U-Turn / Volt Switch.

Finally they redeemed that move in some way, and it would be a pity if they didn’t port this effect to future generations.

The only two things I have not seen anyone commenting about (sorry if I missed your comment):

- Optional Team Preview
- "Fixed" Premier Ball Bonus (if you buy 50 Poké Balls, you should gain 5 Premier Balls, instead of just 1. They finally" fixed" that in LGPE)

Awakening values should be implemented alongside effort values, as a mid-battle power-up akin to Mega Evolution (perhaps BREAK Evolution from the TCG). Co-op should also become a standard feature, though it could use a few improvements (namely the option to import a character from another copy of the game).

Let all the special moves the parter eevee learns in this game be learned by all of the eeveelutions in gen 8. It’ll really help them be more viable in competitive play. Oh and there should also be a steel type eeveelution in gen 8 since eevee can learn double iron bash.

Let all the special moves the parter eevee learns in this game be learned by all of the eeveelutions in gen 8. It’ll really help them be more viable in competitive play. Oh and there should also be a steel type eeveelution in gen 8 since eevee can learn double iron bash.

Eevee cannot learn Double iron bash according to Bulbapedia. It’s melmetal's signature move.

The secondary effects seem OP tho.

Being able to swap out Pokemon from boxes and change nicknames whenever you want is my favorite new feature! I really hope they keep that for Gen 8. Don't see why they wouldn't.
+1. Hope they are going to add this feature soon.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom