• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters What medals would you like to see?

Parissong

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
So as of the most recent update today, DeNa has implemented medals! These are basically accolades given to the player character for completing a certain action or accomplishing something, such as talking to a number of other trainers in the Pokémon Center, or completing the Battle Villa Halls. However, since it is new, there is only a limited number of them. So, what kind of medals would you like to see, if not earn?

For me, I'd really want to see a medal that is unique to each sync pair. There is one right now for Lance and Dragonite using Hyper Beam on a Black Belt Expert, which I think is a reference to a conversation in Pasio. I think something really cool like Elesa/Valerie/Fantina beating an opposing Fantina/Elesa/Valerie would be pretty fitting since they're both fashion designers. Same for gym leaders beating another gym leader of the same type, such as using Marlon to beat Crasher Wake or using Clay to beat Hapu.

If they do give out a medal for that, I hope that they'll fix the pools. I spent fourteen hundred coins and I still didn't clear the fifth pool. I was fortunately able to get all of the story scenes to complete the Star of the Contest event, but it still felt like a rip off that I couldn't get further in their prize boxes. They either need to reduce the amount of prizes in these box or make the cost back to ten coins for every ten pulls while still giving players hundreds of coins. I'd still say it's at least a slight step up from the Ho Oh event, if only because I'm not blocked from getting items to complete the event even after going through the story scenes, but they still really need to make more improvements to this format. Or just remove it together since it still comes off as a forced way to get players to grind.

If they do give out a medal for that, I hope that they'll fix the pools. I spent fourteen hundred coins and I still didn't clear the fifth pool. I was fortunately able to get all of the story scenes to complete the Star of the Contest event, but it still felt like a rip off that I couldn't get further in their prize boxes. They either need to reduce the amount of prizes in these box or make the cost back to ten coins for every ten pulls while still giving players hundreds of coins. I'd still say it's at least a slight step up from the Ho Oh event, if only because I'm not blocked from getting items to complete the event even after going through the story scenes, but they still really need to make more improvements to this format. Or just remove it together since it still comes off as a forced way to get players to grind.

I do agree that they need to roll the cost back imo. I was so disheartened by the event and frankly tired of it I did not get past the 7th Pool because it was draining. I think the concept works fine but needs some numbers tweaked to not drag it out so long.

I do agree that they need to roll the cost back imo. I was so disheartened by the event and frankly tired of it I did not get past the 7th Pool because it was draining. I think the concept works fine but needs some numbers tweaked to not drag it out so long.

I think the same can be said for the Sync Pair scouting format in general. It is a gotcha game. They want to encourage players to keep collecting free gems and playing through events to collect the items, which I can understand. It just doesn't work when it's so difficult to get anything new. The fact that I spent fourteen hundred coins and still didn't get past the fourth pool is just unacceptable. Spending thousands of gems only to get nothing but repeats doesn't make me too eager to collect more and try again later. All it makes me want to do is not put anymore money on the game when it feels like such a rip off.

I think the same can be said for the Sync Pair scouting format in general. It is a gotcha game. They want to encourage players to keep collecting free gems and playing through events to collect the items, which I can understand. It just doesn't work when it's so difficult to get anything new. The fact that I spent fourteen hundred coins and still didn't get past the fourth pool is just unacceptable. Spending thousands of gems only to get nothing but repeats doesn't make me too eager to collect more and try again later. All it makes me want to do is not put anymore money on the game when it feels like such a rip off.

Definitely. I understand the core concept behind it, but I think being able to understand their playerbase and adjust the numbers as such is nothing but beneficial for them and the game as a whole. Gotta keep players engaged, not like they're being overworked for nothing

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom