• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What move(s) do you always have on your teams?

If you are talking in-game teams, then I would say the following: Surf/Waterfall, Fly, Spore/Sleep Powder/Hypnosis. Now you might be asking, why a sleep move? Just in case you are not well-versed enough, a sleeping wild Pokemon is easy to catch, so basically I needed a move that can make capturing endeavours easier.

Thanks for reading.

Bodyslam: In the first 2 gens, Bodyslam was just a great move to round out any physical 'mons moveset. 85 base power and 30% chance to paralyze was really useful on things like Venusaur and Rhydon, and is still considered one of the best attacking moves from 'mons like Miltank even today. Full-happiness Return does more damage, but the added effect sells this one for me.

Earthquake: Ground has a ton of offensive coverage, and Earthquake is about as good of a ground move as you're going to get (unless it's a special-based 'mon like Claydol who would opt for Earth Power). Strong and straight-forward.

Surf: Best water move in the game until the special/physical split, and even then it's still useful on tons of things. Since just about everything that could reasonable swim can learn it, it almost always finds its way on to my team. Plus, it's usually invaluable in-game with all the water routes.

Ice Beam: In the past, I always kept this on one of my 'mons to take care of dragons. It's strong, it's icy, and it can cause frozen status. There's a lot to like.

Calm Mind: It's like old-school Amnesia - two buffs in one. Any special-based 'mon who can afford the round should be packing this. Works as well offensively as it does defensively, so it fits into any strategy.

Stone Edge: I tend to use a lot of rock types, and this is about as good of a rock move as you can get. Accuracy is a little low, but 100 base power and high crit chance is too good. Rock Slide is a viable alternative (and flinch is nice), but I like this one better.

I try to have an Earthquaker on my teams whenever I can. It's just too good a move.
And Surf... Surf is probably one of the greatest things Game Freak ever came up with. Not only is it a useful HM move, but it's also a fantastic special attack that you can teach as many times as you want FOR FREE.

All my teams seem to have Earthquake and Stone Edge on them. Probably because they are powerful moves and a lot of Pokemon can learn them.

Fly and Surf. You never know when you need them. Strength also ends up being on many times.

Psycic :nono:
Dark Pulse :boom:
Fly :dizzy:
Hydro pump :mallet:
Aura Sphere :spin:
Thunder :bounce:
Detect :)

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom