• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Nature are you?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Starting in Generation III, every Pokémon comes with a Nature — one of 25 simple traits that describe their personality, as well as determine which of their stats will be influenced as they grow. Corresponding to their given Nature, each Pokémon also has a preference as to what flavors of food they like and dislike.

Using this method to determine it... if you were a Pokémon, what Nature would you have, based on your own personal preferences in your day-to-day life?

Screenshot 2024-03-05 151657.png

As an example: I myself enjoy foods that are dry in texture, but I'm not a fan of most things sweet, which would give me a Quiet nature. (Alternatively, I have a love for spicy food, but I can't stand anything with a sour flavor, making me a Lonely nature.)

Would you say your assigned Nature is an accurate descriptor of you? How do you feel about your affected stats? Try it out!

I like both sweet and spicy foods while hating bitter foods (I'm a supertaster, thus anything I eat has its flavor magnified significantly, so when I like something I really like it and when I hate something I really hate it). So... by that chart I would be either Naughty or Naïve, neither of which truly fit me. Naughty might be the closer of the two since I do enjoy practical jokes, like to crack (bad) puns, and have a dry wit, but the true Nature that would fit me personally would probably be Lonely (since I am pretty lonely), even though I don't mind Sour foods (I love lemonade and other lemon-based foods so I'm perfectly fine with sour foods). But if I were to go by the flavor chart Naughty would probably be the closest to my general personality in that regard.

I'm definitely a big fan of anything sweet... . And I can't eat bitter food at all! So I suppose I'd be Naive, or 'cause I don't really do too well with spicy food either, I might be Timid!

I guess they do sort of fit - I can definitely be fairly timid at times. As for Naive. . It works, but I hope I'm not too naive!

I'm all over the place because I can't decide my real opinions on each flavor. That's about right with my personality. All over the place. I have never been able to pin down my personality.

I'm all over the place because I can't decide my real opinions on each flavor. That's about right with my personality. All over the place. I have never been able to pin down my personality.
Perhaps you are one of those neutral natures listed like Quirky or Serious. :) As far as I remember they don't have any preferences.

Myself, based on this I am either Naughty or Rash. Since I wouldn't say I am very Naughty in real life I'd go with Rash. I am indeed opinionated and a bit difficult, haha

Taking this into consideration... the only real flavor I hate is dry (this may be why I hate beans? I always say they taste like the essence of dirt because I just can't really put into words why I dislike eating them). I'm neutral on spicy (I enjoy a mild spice, I hate being in pain while I eat). Depending on what the bitter is, I can tolerate it (Tiramisu is my favorite dessert and I enjoy the hell out of the coffee taste which is weird because I loathe coffee). But my favorite flavors out of the berry types would probably be sour and sweet.

So I'd be jolly or impish. Real life me says no but the persona I use online when I am not under the physical and mental stress of scrutiny of the physical world around me says "haha yes I am hear to drink tea and revel in the chaos of everything ask me why I like Chrono Cross more than Chrono Trigger watches everything catch fire Delightful."

I like sweet stuff, but not enough to be able to tolerate extra-sweet stuff. Like some forms of frosting. But I can appreciate a variety of flavors. So... maybe Bashful/Quirky?

I generally prefer mild flavours that aren't too strong; its not generally an issue of actively preferring or disliking a particular flavour (but I'm especially not a fan of bitter things), but compared to most people I know, I don't tend to care for strong flavours in general. Which I think would put me somewhere in the middle diagonal, probably. Not sure which of the middle diagonal natures it would be though.

Edit: Gonna call it Docile. I like a lot of things that are noticably sour but not strong, but stronger sour foods like grapefruit or lemons I can't handle at all.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom