• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What new characters do you hope to see in the upcomming DLC?

PageEmperor

Reaction score
Basically what the title says.

For me, I’m personally hoping for say, some kind of antagonist characters. I thought of two that could be possible, such as a jerk older sister to the new sibling characters, and possibly a more threatening bad guy, like I dunno, maybe an insane teacher who wants to conserve the lanscape of the new island or something.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Emmet at some point in the DLC. With Ingo being sent back to Hisui, it would make sense for Emmet to look for him. I originally imagined him being a postgame boss fight after you completed the story where either his original battle theme or the one from Legends Arceus would play in order to cement the reference.
Now that the DLC has been revealed, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Kitakami since it seems to be Japanese inspired.

I hope but don’t think that Pokémon will bring back old characters. Though, that may or may not be true.

Personally, I want to know the characters already in the game a bit more instead of just making assumptions on them that may or may not be true. I’d really enjoy seeing Nemona’s or Penny’s family. Plus, maybe a hint at Arvens family?

I don’t really need to see Arven’s mom/dad. Though maybe the mystery of the world of Pokémon is just the magic of imagination. (On the other, you could just argue that this has done it repetitively, taking away from the magic.)

I don't think we'll see any old characters. I'd like to be wrong but I think that was more of a Gen 7 thing and they want generations to stand on their own. Poor Looker which was available in almost every game since its debut is now absent in the whole of Gen 8 (which had two Sinnoh games) and Gen 9!

As for new characters:
  • Nemona and Penny's parents.
  • Descendants of Meli, Palina, Iscan, Adaman and Irida, it's possible we didn't saw them in base SV because of development overlap.
  • An Asian old man that guides you through the festival and explains the importance of its traditions as well as the lore.
  • A young child that represents the children's love for the Momotaro story.
  • The director of Blueberry Academy could be a technological young man or woman that would contrast with Clavel.
  • The descendant of the SV book's writer, which could also be the person that gave Sada/Turo the idea to go to Area Zero.
  • A "paradox person" which appears to be from the past or the future but is eventually revealed to be lying (Kinda like how Samson Oak is called Samuel Oak's Alola form),

I heard one theory that Peony is Penny’s dad. That would give an excuse for putting legendary Pokémon from past games in and also bring back old characters.

Peony is the one character I feel like even has a chance of appearing. (Maybe like a 5% chance)

We know who Peony's daughter is and she sure ain't Penny.

Anyway the characters I want to see from the DLC are the real villains of the main game, the previous staff of the academy. We met Harrington and he talked about the rest of the staff being complicit in victim blaming Team Star, but never named any names. I want to find out who these a-holes are so I can beat the tar out of them. Especially the guy who erased the records of what really happened.

I also wanna find out once and for all if the other professor, from the game we didn't pick, is Arven's other parent. Though considering that they walked out when he was a baby, it's probably best HE not meet them.

Anyway the characters I want to see from the DLC are the real villains of the main game, the previous staff of the academy. We met Harrington and he talked about the rest of the staff being complicit in victim blaming Team Star, but never named any names. I want to find out who these a-holes are so I can beat the tar out of them. Especially the guy who erased the records of what really happened.

Could you imagine if it ends up being the Blueberry Academy? Admittedly, it is pretty baseless and I first thought of this idea just from the new characters you see on the promo poster and the vibe they have. It would make for an interesting plot twist in the sense that all of the old staff have moved away from Paldea and set up their own school on an artificial island.

With that said, it could be possible that Blueberry Academy does have some sort of superiority complex compared to the academies in Paldea and one of the reasons the player is there is to prove them wrong.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom