• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

What new type do you think would be cool to introduce in SW/SH/future games?

ShinyShrew

Reaction score
I'm really hoping they bring back the Beast type. For those of you who don't know, way back in Gen 1 there was supposed to be another type that got cut later in design, hence why Arcanine is the “legendary Pokèmon” because Arcanine was originally going to be Fire/Beast type.

Esserise

Two legs ain't my walk
Reaction score
I don't think we'll see any, because the type chart is already very cumbersome and hard to follow as it is.

That said, I still think that a Cyber type would be thematically distinct enough from any of the others while also covering a broad-enough range of concepts to potentially merit its own category. It could have an edge against Fairy while being weak to Bug (because of "bugs" in technology lol), and the Porygon line could be retconned into it.

Silktree

Hardship
Reaction score
I'm really hoping they bring back the Beast type. For those of you who don't know, way back in Gen 1 there was supposed to be another type that got cut later in design, hence why Arcanine is the “legendary Pokèmon” because Arcanine was originally going to be Fire/Beast type.
I've never heard about this and nothing comes up on Google. Specifically, Helix Chamber never mentions an unused type except for Bird.

TechSkylander1518

Reaction score
I think any new "types" are better off as sub-categories of moves, like how sound moves are.

BigBadButterfree

the Destroyer
Reaction score
I think any new "types" are better off as sub-categories of moves, like how sound moves are.
I agree with this. There should totally be a "light" category, where Pokemon without eyes and stuff should be immune (or at least resist). Obviously stuff like flash, signal beam, maybe even dazzling gleam, would fit in.

Don't see it happening, but it's a neat idea. It's always bothered me that things like sand attack work on the likes of Zubat or Roggenrola.

Matleo

Reaction score
Beast? Normal is enough, we have although Fithing... there is a Monster egg group...

I could see only a Alien type and give bugs or ice a or resistance/immunity to it making them SE on alien in the same time and make Alien immune to fairy type moves. Alien could resist psychic, dark, ground.

Maybe avoiding new types is better for the future? Bc with every new type evryone complaines too much.

I would rather see old types paired with Abilities like Bulletproof, Soundproof, Damp, Aftermath, Cursed Body, Disquise and new abilities.

Last edited: