• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What new Type Matchups would you like to see in Sword And Shield?

Poison/Steel
Poison/Psychic
Ghost/Normal
Electric/Fighting
Fairy/Ground
Electric/Dark
Grass/Fire

I’d like to see how they’d handle a Fire/Ice type.

Horse with 6 or 8 legs grom norse mythology.
Those Japanese hot water monkeys, would give it water absorb.
A ice giant with liquid magma in its body that flows and that freezez and burns out at the same time.
A blue or white smoke or flame female spirit that looks like walking mist that has a mask half sun half ice flake and that is immune to flying type attacks via ability.
Hmmm a snake or a squid?
Could make more in future even seperate regular evolution lines, standalone and a legendary in my opinion.
__
I hope we get bug lines like bug/dark and bug/psychic but with good abilities.

Interesting would be also a pokemon that would be immune to moves of oponents pokemon that are boosted by their own abilities.
(or disables them, then Iron fist users and others would have a hard time after their abilities activate or focus only their movepool on them.
Imagine a starter pokemon activates Blaze but it's fire type moves stop working on it)
Could be something for the bug/dark line. A Cockroach line would be quite nice.
Even a ability to be immune to the type of the last move used that would make the oponent need to change the moves type would be quite interesting on fire/ice or any new typing. Hmmm that bug/dragon would be perfect with this.

(This would be also interesting on a standalone dragon/psychic clown dragon pokemon that would have Base total stats under 500 points.
I like Mr. Mime and it's preevo but would like to see something small not looking strong with a strong ability like this)

The bug/psychic line would be great with a ability that makes either immune or disables the oponents strongest move or disables the oponents moves that get stab(are from the oponents type). You know brainwashing and causing real amnesia by the foe. Even for the first 3 turns when first meeting a pokemon in battle would be nice.

Last edited:
Oh my freaking gosh, I need a Fairy/Dragon or an Ice/Dragon. I do know we already have a Dragon/Ice type in Kyurem, but it's been awhile, and I would really like to see it again, with a Pokemon that has more than one stage. And I want to see a Fairy/Dragon for sure. Kind of weird how the two matchups I want to see the most are both dragon, yet I hope we don't get another Dragon psuedo this gen (or if we do, we get a second one who is not).

I also really want to see another Ice/Ghost type, an Electirc/Fairy, and a Fire/Fairy.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom