• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What odd pokemon game did you love?

While most people don’t seem to care about it, I love the Pokepark series. It’s silly and not very complex but it’s so charming and fun that I can’t help smiling whenever I see it getting some recognition.

Played a little of Masters, and... eh. Kinda lame, but entertaining enough.

Conquest was fun before the post-game, I enjoyed the second and third Ranger games but not the first, I obviously love Pokémon Mystery Dungeon so we'll skip that, I don't want to play Colosseum and XD despite the good reception because I am a proven Doubles dunce, and my newest pickup, Dream Radar, is actually better than I thought.

I really like the Pokémon Ranger series, but I don't know if those would be considered "odd".

Pokémon Conquest could easily qualify as an oddball for the franchise, considering it's the only game of its kind. It may even be my favorite Pokémon spinoff game, despite its rather short main campaign, with a "post-game" (if it even is supposed to be considered that) just being episodic events for each Warlord, and even if it is just a baby's first SPRG experience.

I also enjoyed the original Pokémon Pinball back in the day.

Last edited:
i dont know if this counts as "odd", but Pokemon XD and Pokemon Colosseum will forever be the highlight of my Pokemon gaming career. Team Snagem was awesome, Cipher was hella evil shutting off Pokemon's hearts, and the whole concept of Shadow Pokemon and purification was done in such an incredible way. it may sound like im exaggerating, but i truly was super invested in actually purifying the different Shadow Pokemon that i came across because there was an actual point to doing it. i mean, for one, i got access to the Pokemon's whole moveset, but iirc the Pokemon gained all the EXP points at once while it was in battle which is cool to me.

i can't count how many hours i've sunk into Mt. Battle because the battles were so much fun!

and then there's Pokemon Battle Revolution. for all of the flack that it got having zero story and basically being a Battle Frontier extension, i loved it! sure, it bummed me out the very first moment i played the game, but over time i realized i was so glued to the game because it reminded me of all the reasons why i was so stuck to Colosseum and XD in the first place -- the battling. it's seeing my Pokemon on the big screen and how expressive they were attacking the opponent and seeing how pretty (at the time) all the other arenas are to battle in, etc. it was truly a blast.

honourable mentions go to Hey You, Pikachu! (super underrated N64 game, imo) and Pokemon Stadium 2 (loved Stadium 2's minigames, they were almost as fun if not more fun than the battles themselves!).

Pretty lame, I know, but as a pastime, Pokemon Dash was a good game for me. I remember playing it in my free time, unlike other games for whom I would take out time. Waiting in my father's office? Dash. An event where I didn't actually matter(like those where you don't know anyone nor anyone knows you)? Dash. And all of this was before I met Mario Kart.

PokéPark 1. God, I love that game. I’ve probably invested more hours in multiple playthroughs of that game than any main series title. The story, the befriending mini games, the attractions, the amount of Pokémon in the game, all the different environments, it’s just good fun! I didn’t get too far into PokéPark 2 because I got stuck at one particular part (that damn Corphish roadblock) but I’ve long awaited a third installment.

I also got addicted to Pokémon Shuffle for a good several months and I’m interested in trying out Magikarp Jump at some point.

I miss the Pokémon Mystery dungeon series and Colosseum so much! :cry:

Why are they not a thing anymore? I guess I can understand Colosseum nowadays when Sword and Shield is a thing but why didn't they release them in Gen 5-7?

I also miss Pokémon Stadium since it was nice to play the Gameboy games on a bigger screen and all the other features. Being able to remove all your items and Pokémon easily so you could erase your save file without losing anything was great and saved so much time. I remember trying to trade over everything to Colosseum before erasing my save file and it took forever... :confused_emoji:

I miss the Pokémon Mystery dungeon series and Colosseum so much! :cry:

Why are they not a thing anymore? I guess I can understand Colosseum nowadays when Sword and Shield is a thing but why didn't they release them in Gen 5-7?
Well, the last Mystery Dungeon was in Gen VI, so there's still a little bit of hope for that one. It helps that everybody has forgotten that Mystery Dungeon was a stand-alone series instead of a crossover between Spike-Chunsoft and anyone else. Maybe if they ask again we will get another PMD.

I still love Pokémon Snap and dream of the day it gets a sequel!

What I'd love in a Pokémon Snap 2 is more of an open exploration approach instead of the on rails approach and missions that involve traveling to different regions. There's so much potential in the franchise and the original did really well so it's a shame that it hasn't been revisited, particularly with the Wii U and Switches obvious new gameplay options that could really improve the game.

They could actually base a new Snap game on the current anime. Go uses his Pokedex to take footage of Pokemon, and he's also looking for Mew like Todd in Snap.

Preferrably they'd do this after the anime got localized for multiple countries (but mainly the US. I don't care about the rest of y'all. Kidding. Mostly.)

They could actually base a new Snap game on the current anime. Go uses his Pokedex to take footage of Pokemon, and he's also looking for Mew like Todd in Snap.

If thet were to make a Pokémon Snap 2, one thing that I'm 100% sure they'd do that I really don't want is equip the player with a Rotom camera...i really dislike the Rotom tech thing.

I preferred Rotom as mischievous spirits so to my mind any tech that they inhabit should be rubbish because the Rotom in it would be constantly playing tricks on the owner.

Perhaps I'm best off just happily replaying the original. :p

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom