• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV What Old Films and TV shows have you seen?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
I’ve been watching a lot of clips on YouTube of black and white shows that are beloved by many and ones I discovered through my dad. Twilight Zone’s twists are always fun to watch. I’ve been watching clips of this sitcom called The Andy Griffith Show that has the characters messing around with each other.

I’ve also been into watching some of Akira Kurosawa’s Samurai movies. The characters all feel meaningful and are also really cool.

Now, I’m curious what old shows are you all into. What do you find so interesting about them? Or are you not that into some old shows? Any old shows you’ve just happened to watch and somehow remember?

Hmmm, let's see...

--I quite like the 1960's Batman TV show. It's just extremely goofy adventure, great when you just want to watch something fun.
--My parents have recently been introducing me and my siblings to the Jetsons. It's funny in a very silly way, and seeing what people thought the future would be like is quite interesting (one episode had a robber heist a sack of physical money from the bank, because nobody had thought of credit cards and digital fund theft :enzap: )
--I grew up watching Marx Brothers movies, and still do occasionally. They're just some of those things that stay good no matter how old they get, in my opinion.
--Get Smart, which is a show that's basically a James Bond spoof. (just now realizing how many of these are comedies...I guess I have an old sense of humor.)

(To anyone looking these up, note that these were made before the modern standard of political correctness. They are not hateful or malicious, but there might be a few things you disagree with. That probably goes without saying for old shows in general, but I want to be clear so no one comes back and screams at me later.)

I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who, which began in 1963 and is still on the air to this day (albeit with gaps in production). I love the series because the nature of the series means it can pretty much be anything. My fave era is the Second Doctor's era from 1966 to 1969 though (even though sadly a good chunk of his episodes are missing).

I also just generally grew up watching older TV series in general because I watched a lot of TV Land and Game Show Network (which would air reruns of game shows from the 70s and 80s) as a kid since those channels were immediately before Nick, Disney Channel, and Cartoon Network on the channel lineup.

Some shows that I watched (and enjoyed) were All in the Family, MASH, The Jeffersons, Sanford and Son, The Cosby Show (can't watch this one anymore considering how much Bill Cosby's legacy has been ruined), Match Game, and Press Your Luck.

Honestly all of those shows still hold up to this day (even if I can't watch The Cosby Show nowadays), but I'd say All in the Family and MASH are series that everyone should watch because they're just so good and a lot of the messages in All in the Family are still relevant to this day.

Back
Top Bottom