• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

What old moves and abilities would deserve a buff/extra effect to disable a oponents move or cause a oponent to re-charge a turn?

Matleo

Reaction score
- the re-charging turn could be called exhaustion, fear and disgustion. Would be much cooler as names for the same action. Its similar like flinching but everyone knows whats about.

-Stench, flinching 10% with slow pokemon using it? Would rather get 30% chance to block/ force to recharge a oponent after or before getting attacked. Would fit better the abilities name and the slow pokemon who got it.

Gooey- reduces speed but slime would deserve something more.

Psychokinesis or other psychic moves.

Disarming voice, Metal sound, Tickle, Tale whip

Sticky hold

Liquid Ooze when hit by a non draining move.

Icy body???

Pressure- should actually bc pp isnt that much.

Intimidate???

White Smoke

some electric or fire moves too, Thunder can break protects during rain...
grass and water moves also would deserve better, especially.

Bug, poison and ice would deserve especially with some old moves.

Last edited:

SpinyShell

Setting shell traps
Reaction score
Illuminate definitely needs a buff. As it stands, its only effect is to increase the chances of encountering wild Pokemon, which has no benefits in battle. In order to buff it, I would make it so that it decreases the evasion of all Pokemon on the field by 20%--sort of like a less risky No Guard.

Klutz also seems in need of a buff. While not as useless as Illuminate, being unable to take advantage of your item is generally not a benefit. I'm unsure of how to buff it however. Maybe physical attacks used against the Pokemon have an increased chance of missing since the Pokemon is so clumsy it accidentally moves out of the way?

Plus/Minus are too situational, I would change them so that any Steel and/or Electric type on the field has both their Special Attack and Attack boosted.

Matleo

Reaction score
White Smoke should get a buff like Oblvious did.
Either work like inner focus or like Cursed Body...