• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What old type combos would you like to see be done as new Pokemon?

The regional birds with more interesting types. Fletching is a good start. I would like see a electric/flyng regional. Or a dark/flyng and psychic/flyng. On differents regions, of course.

Definitely with you on Electric/Flying since all we have is a legendary and a Pikaclone. They could go down a similar road with Fletchling. Perhaps make it an eagle or a condor since they are probably what people see when they think they saw the mythical Thunderbird.

A pure poison legendary would be pretty cool. It could be like the personification of corruption or it could be a man made legendary like Mewtwo and Genesect except it would have been unintentional and human pollution takes on a much nastier form than Muk.

I'd also like to see Electric/Grass. It could be like a plant version of Lanturn using bio-luminescent mushrooms as an inspiration.

Water/Bug: It's too bad Surskit had to evolve into a generic Bug/Flying type. Frankly, it's an interesting type combo that I would like to see on a stronger Pokemon.
Grass/Dragon: I'd like to see a Pokemon with this type combo that isn't a Mega Evolution.
Electric/Ground: Something other than Stunfisk that's preferably less gimmicky (even though I oddly enough like Stunfisk) should have this type combo.

Dragon/Posion: Komodo dragon with Tough Claws and Shed Skin.
Water/Fighting: Mantis shrimp, with an ability that gives priority to Fighting-type moves.
Electric/Flying: Something with Drizzle so it spam STAB Thunder and Hurricane.
Water/Ghost: A frilled shark or goblin shark would fit, maybe even a whale skeleton too. Maybe also a Water/Dark-type based on the vampire squid.
Rock/Dark: A fossil Pokemon based on a gorgonopsid.
Rock/Fighting: Another fossil Pokemon, except based on a terror bird (Phorousrakick needs to happen).
Ghost/Fire: Mega Ninetales basically.

Any typing that has less than 6 Pokémon should get redone until we get 6 Pokémon of each type.

Especially pure-Flying. -_-

poison/dragon evolution to seviper
ghost/water
electric/fire
dark/ice

And all exclusive legendary and mega types made in normal pokemon lines
electric/dragon
fairy/dragon
water/fire
rock/fighting
steel/fire
fire/dragon

I think they could help fix this with Mega Evolutions of older Pokemon. Noctowl would make a good Psychic/Flying and they could probably get away with making Staraptor Fighting/Flying.

But certainly newer regional birds should continue what the Fletchling line did.
hope for some new ones in electric/flying, ice/flying, only some more some, not so many as we got bug types based on butterflies and moths of the same typing.

what about a fast Coyote a ground/psychic with Sand Stream.

hope for some new ones in electric/flying, ice/flying, only some more some, not so many as we got bug types based on butterflies and moths of the same typing.

They probably won't make a regional bird Ice/Flying. Ice doesn't really fit a lot of environments, especially in the early game, so it's not the best type to start out with. Better choices for regional bird types would be Electric/Flying, Fighting/Flying, Psychic/Flying, Dark/Flying, Poison/Flying, or Fairy/Flying.

They probably won't make a regional bird Ice/Flying. Ice doesn't really fit a lot of environments, especially in the early game, so it's not the best type to start out with. Better choices for regional bird types would be Electric/Flying, Fighting/Flying, Psychic/Flying, Dark/Flying, Poison/Flying, or Fairy/Flying.
not at start, but could evolve like the Fletchinder line. In my opinion they could create new electric/flying(falcon) , steel/flying(flying lizard), fighting/flying(crane), ground/flying(sand Muk).

Other subject:
remember Crystal Onix of the anime?

"Besides being made of crystal, the Crystal Onix is also unique from other Onix in that it can live in water without being hurt by it. Its glass skin also gives it a special resistance to Water-type attacks. Mateo realized that he would have to use a different type of attack to weaken it and so, he used his Charmeleon and attacked it with Fire Spin. It seemed to have a weakness to Fire-type attacks, unlike other Onix. Mateo was just about to capture it when he realized that he didn't need to. Just battling it gave him the inspiration he needed to create glass Pokémon sculptures. He thanked the Crystal Onix as it submerged itself into the water once more."
(why not go back to it?)
Mega Onix? ground/fairy or fairy/rock? Im for the ground version, its normal damaged by fire.
What ability? Water Absorb, [URL='http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Storm_Drain_%28Ability%29']Storm Drain, Dry skin?[/URL]

Last edited:
Poison/Flying could be interesting to revisit. It's kinda weird to me that we haven't seen another Poison/Flying type since Crobat, since it just feels like one of those combinations that would have been done a few times over by now.

And as much as I adore Lileep and Cradily I'd like to see Grass/Rock have another shot taken at it. Preferably something faster and more offensive this time.

I like to see Fire/Grass Ice/Electric Poison/Fairy & Electric/Psychic Combos

Poison/Ground is a really cool typing with a lot of unique advantages that hasn't been explored since the Nidos. They've pretty much got the special side of things covered, so I could see a physically offensive or support oriented defensive Poison/Ground carving a niche out for itself with little difficulty. Desert dwelling snakes, solenodons, gila monsters, maned rats... you've got a lot of animals that could be the basis for a new Poison/Ground.

I think Grass/Dark has potential, so it's a pity that only two families have them. Adding to this, both families are not completely Grass/Dark (Seedot and Cacnea are both pure Grass). Compared to the other Dark-type combination in Generation 3, Water/Dark even has a family with that type (Carvanha and Sharpedo), and even have new Pokemon introduced with that type (Greninja and Mega Gyarados). In terms of battling potential, it should hopefully bring the support strengths of the Grass- and Dark-types, namely the usage of Pursuit (neither Shiftry nor Cacturne learns it, and even if they do, they are not exactly the best users) and usage of Powder moves (again, neither Pokemon learns them).

An alternative Electric/Steel-type would be welcomed. We all know what Magnemite and family are capable of, which is having high Special Attack and is capable of trapping Steel-types. What is needed for a new Electric/Steel is to be able to perform something different from the magnet Pokemon since this is a pretty nice defensive type combination, so a defence-oriented Electric/Steel would be nice.

Thanks for reading.

Steel/Dragon, Ghost/Dragon, Dragon/Ice, Dragon/Fire, Dragon/Water, Dragon/Electric, Grass/Dragon, Dragon/Rock, Poison/Dragon and Dragon/Psychic.

Fighting/Flying I know this might be seen as blasphemy but, Hawlucha was incredibly disappointing for me. I wanted I fighting/flying type for so long and I got beak faced guy that people like for being "awesomely silly". I just wanted a 5edgy Kung Fu angel Pokemon is that so wrong?

Last edited:
A non-legendary Dragon/Steel is needed. The type has some pretty neat advantages, 'specially after the introduction of the Fairy type.

Another Poison/Dark type would be cool. It be cooler if a legendary was Poison/Dark and it has Levitate.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom