• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What older Pokemon do you want to have in the SV Pokedex? And which Pokemon can you see not being in the dex?

I'm thinking about forming Cynthia's Team (It's probably not going to happen)
Spiritomb
Shellos Line
Budew Line
Feebas Line
Riolu Line
Togepi Line
Gible Line
Eevee Line
Porygon Line
Tynamo Line
Rufflet Line (Unova)
Jangmo-o Line
Sinnoh Starters

I want Clefairy and Starmie the most, since these two are my two faves of all time.

In general, I want Pokémon that fits a Spanish region like Oricorio - Baile style.

Hoping they let my Ribombee in SV. Eeveelutions probably going to be guaranteed so I won't have to worry about Leafeon not making it in. Other than that, I would honestly like to see some of the annoying pokemon to be removed that were for competitive play. It'll at least keep VGC refreshing until they release more pokemon into the mix.

For completely selfish reasons, I would like to use Teddiursa in a mainline Pokémon game that isn't a remake or Legends, so I'll go with that one. However, I hope this dex focuses on more of the Gen 5-7 roster as they haven't had the spotlight on them for some time now. Underappreciated 'mons are always deserving imo.

There's no chance anything from Hisui is going to exist.
We've already seen Hisuian Zoroark is in the game, at least; the official site's background image cycles through a few pics and one shows it facing a Lucario:
Zoroark.JPG

Because it's impossible. Hisuian Pokemon evolved (in a Darwinian sense) into the ones we see today.
And yet there are literal space-time distortions in Hisui that bring things like Porygon-Z from the future to the ancient past. So why couldn't it also go vice-versa and bring ancient Pokemon to the present? It's literally not even that different from bringing back Fossil Pokemon into the modern era. In fact, it's less so by a considerable margin, as those Pokemon went extinct millions of years ago.

Because it's impossible. Hisuian Pokemon evolved (in a Darwinian sense) into the ones we see today.

Except this is not true for Zorua/Zoroark and Braviary at least, since we know they came from another region and changed into the Hisuian Forms. So those forms can still technically be around.

I still don’t get why Starly and Drifloon are in SV. Don’t get me wrong, I love those two but they were very common in LA, and I’d rather see new Pokémon or old ones that haven’t made it in LA.

I hope all the pokémon cut in Dexit in Gen 8 return. The Unova and Kalos starters are so forgotten, I hope they make it in.
Most of the ones missing in Gen 8 are Gen 5-7 early-ish route mons (Sewaddle, Blitzle, elemental monkeys, Vivillon, Flabebe, Litleo, Skiddo, Pikipek, Yungoos)
The ones I desperately want are the monkeys and Vivillon.

And I wish the Kanto starters, along with most overrated pokémon are not in (but the trailer already showed Lucario and Larvitar so my hopes for that are down the drain)

We can only hope the Pokedex is themed well.

So far we've got Hoppip, Bounsweet, Petiil, Flabebe and Combee as flower-esque Pokemon.

Wingull and Clauncher fit the sea/beach.

Most of the rest are hard to say, but of course things like Riolu, Zorua, Larvitar, Pikachu and Meowth are always in. Also Magnemite and Psyduck which have been in every dex ever.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom