• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What older Pokemon do you want to have in the SV Pokedex? And which Pokemon can you see not being in the dex?

Most of the rest are hard to say, but of course things like Riolu, Zorua, Larvitar, Pikachu and Meowth are always in. Also Magnemite and Psyduck which have been in every dex ever.
The Zubat line has also been in every regional Dex.

Other Pokemon that have been in every dex since debuting...

We know that Drifloon is in. I can see Basculin as well, maybe Zoroark. Dhelmise and Drampa. And I could see Araquanid.

Like, Clauncher kinda confirms Skrelp in as well.

Seviper confirms Zangoose.

Depending on which other Version Exclusives are in getting confirmed, that kinda confirms the other one as well

For example: If Drampa gets confirmed, that semi-confirms Turtonator.

We can also safely assume Eevee is gonna be in the dex.

And yet there are literal space-time distortions in Hisui that bring things like Porygon-Z from the future to the ancient past. So why couldn't it also go vice-versa and bring ancient Pokemon to the present? It's literally not even that different from bringing back Fossil Pokemon into the modern era. In fact, it's less so by a considerable margin, as those Pokemon went extinct millions of years ago.

Treating the Pokemon world like it has to adhere to the rules of our own is just not going to work.

I don't think Gamefreak are as caught up on realism or "what makes sense" as much as some fans are. Some fans were jumping through hoops trying to figure out how Gamefreak would justify Hisuian pokemon appearing in later games when the reality is they're likely not going to justify it...or at best they'll just say it has something to do with time travel or interdimensional portals. Basically the Pokémon equivalent of "a wizard did it".

It wouldn't shock me if a few gens from now regional variants just started popping up in the wild in other regions. (like how fossil Pokemon have just started appearing in the wild recently) Or they'll introduce a feature similar to the space-time distortions where regional variants from other regions can appear.

I don't think Gamefreak are as caught up on realism or "what makes sense" as much as some fans are. Some fans were jumping through hoops trying to figure out how Gamefreak would justify Hisuian pokemon appearing in later games when the reality is they're likely not going to justify it...or at best they'll just say it has something to do with time travel or interdimensional portals. Basically the Pokémon equivalent of "a wizard did it".
It's honestly not at all hard to justify. "These Pokemon were thought extinct until a small population was rediscovered" or "captive breeding programs have restored these Pokemon to sufficient numbers to begin reintroducing into the wild." Boom, done.

Yeah, if there are Pokémon in hisui that look identical to heir modern versions elsewhere, I don’t see why the opposite can’t be the case. Especially when there’s literal fossil Pokémon roaming around in sword and shield

Here are the Pokemon I want to see in this regional dex:

I mainly tried to include the Pokemon that weren't in Gen 8, Pokemon that haven't frequently appeared in regional dexes, and a few other choices to balance typing. I haven't put a whole lot of thought into whether or not they fit the Spanish theme:

Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill
Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot
Venonat/Venomoth
Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebel
Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite
Sentret/Furret
Natu/Xatu
Misdreavus/Mismagius
Pineceo/Forretress
Snubbull/Granbull
Sneasel/Weavile/Sneasler
Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine
Skarmory
Phanpy/Donphan
Poochyena/Mightyena
Taillow/Swellow
Shroomish/Breloom
Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking
Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade
Numel/Camerupt
Spoink/Grumpig
Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon
Zangoose
Cacnea/Cacturne
Kricketot/Kricketune
Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
Glameow/Purugly
Patrat/Watchog
Pansage/Simisage/Pansear/Simisear/Panpour/Simipour
Blitzle/Zebstrika
Sewaddle/Swadloon/Leavanny
Sigilyph
Ducklett/Swanna
Deerling/Sawsbuck
Alomomola
Tynamo/Eelektrik/Eelektross
Druddigon
Durant/Heatmor
Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon
Litleo/Pyroar
Skiddo/Gogoat
Furfrou
Helioptile/Heliolisk
Skrelp/Dragalge
Hawlucha
Pikipek/Trumbeak/Toucannon
Yungoos/Gumshoos
Crabrawler/Crabominable
Rockruff/Lycanroc
Oricorio
Mudbray/Mudsdale
Minior
Bruxish
Gossifleur/Eldegoss
Silicobra/Sandaconda
Sizzlipede/Centiskorch
Milcery/Alcremie

Here are the Pokemon I want to see in this regional dex:

I mainly tried to include the Pokemon that weren't in Gen 8, Pokemon that haven't frequently appeared in regional dexes, and a few other choices to balance typing. I haven't put a whole lot of thought into whether or not they fit the Spanish theme:

Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill
Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot
Venonat/Venomoth
Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebel
Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite
Sentret/Furret
Natu/Xatu
Misdreavus/Mismagius
Pineceo/Forretress
Snubbull/Granbull
Sneasel/Weavile/Sneasler
Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine
Skarmory
Phanpy/Donphan
Poochyena/Mightyena
Taillow/Swellow
Shroomish/Breloom
Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking
Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade
Numel/Camerupt
Spoink/Grumpig
Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon
Zangoose
Cacnea/Cacturne
Kricketot/Kricketune
Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
Glameow/Purugly
Patrat/Watchog
Pansage/Simisage/Pansear/Simisear/Panpour/Simipour
Blitzle/Zebstrika
Sewaddle/Swadloon/Leavanny
Sigilyph
Ducklett/Swanna
Deerling/Sawsbuck
Alomomola
Tynamo/Eelektrik/Eelektross
Druddigon
Durant/Heatmor
Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon
Litleo/Pyroar
Skiddo/Gogoat
Furfrou
Helioptile/Heliolisk
Skrelp/Dragalge
Hawlucha
Pikipek/Trumbeak/Toucannon
Yungoos/Gumshoos
Crabrawler/Crabominable
Rockruff/Lycanroc
Oricorio
Mudbray/Mudsdale
Minior
Bruxish
Gossifleur/Eldegoss
Silicobra/Sandaconda
Sizzlipede/Centiskorch
Milcery/Alcremie
There is just 1 isue.... no cinccino

Because it was already in SwSh and USUM. The point is to suggest underused and missing Pokemon, Cincinno is neither.

I mean, if that is your argument, lets go over your list.
Trapinch line was in both gen 7 and gen 8.
Natu line was in USUM and SWSH
Mudbray being introduced in gen 7, was also in gen 8.
Druddigon was in USUM and the SWSH DLC. Even if we don't count the DLC, it has been in XY as well.

And there are more as well.

I mean, if that is your argument, lets go over your list.
Trapinch line was in both gen 7 and gen 8.
Natu line was in USUM and SWSH
Mudbray being introduced in gen 7, was also in gen 8.
Druddigon was in USUM and the SWSH DLC. Even if we don't count the DLC, it has been in XY as well.

And there are more as well.

Natu/Xatu have been in several recent regional dexes, but not a lot overall. Before USUM and SwSh, it was just in Johto and Hoenn.

Also, there was a third criterion I used (I just didn't mention it in that reply, but if you look at my first post I did mention it there), and that's Pokemon that can provide type balance to the dex. That's why Trapinch, Druddigon, and Mudbray are in, I know the first two especially have been used a lot, but I included them to give the dex enough Dragons. Probably a bit presumptuous to worry about type balance when we don't know what new Pokemon will be in (and I'm guessing there will be more than one new Dragon family added because they've taken to trying to get a bit more Dragons into the National Dex), but it's something to monitor, we don't want more Flint situations, especially not in a next gen game.

Natu/Xatu have been in several recent regional dexes, but not a lot overall. Before USUM and SwSh, it was just in Johto and Hoenn.

Also, there was a third criterion I used (I just didn't mention it in that reply, but if you look at my first post I did mention it there), and that's Pokemon that can provide type balance to the dex. That's why Trapinch, Druddigon, and Mudbray are in, I know the first two especially have been used a lot, but I included them to give the dex enough Dragons. Probably a bit presumptuous to worry about type balance when we don't know what new Pokemon will be in (and I'm guessing there will be more than one new Dragon family added because they've taken to trying to get a bit more Dragons into the National Dex), but it's something to monitor, we don't want more Flint situations, especially not in a next gen game.
Also we do know that blissey is in the game, she wasn't on your list, even tho, she wasn't, if I'm correct, in gen 3, 5, 6, 7, and 8 with no dlc.
Also also, sadly, we now that they select pokés mainly based on popularity, for marketing, it isn't necesarilly a bad thing, bt it can get a few pokemon under-exposed, meanwile others the opposite.

Also we do know that blissey is in the game, she wasn't on your list, even tho, she wasn't, if I'm correct, in gen 3, 5, 6, 7, and 8 with no dlc.
Also also, sadly, we now that they select pokés mainly based on popularity, for marketing, it isn't necesarilly a bad thing, bt it can get a few pokemon under-exposed, meanwile others the opposite.
And yet Greninja, the most popular Pokemon in the world, hasn't been in any games since Ultra Sun/Moon. So it's not really a hard and fast rule. It could be the reason it hasn't been in the games in a while is because Greninja's a starter Pokemon of the Kalos region (if they include one they'd have to include the others in theory) but they've given it special treatment before solo (SM demo.)

And yet Greninja, the most popular Pokemon in the world, hasn't been in any games since Ultra Sun/Moon. So it's not really a hard and fast rule. It could be the reason it hasn't been in the games in a while is because Greninja's a starter Pokemon of the Kalos region (if they include one they'd have to include the others in theory) but they've given it special treatment before solo (SM demo.)

There's been other examples of one member of a trio appearing and not the others. Charizard was the only Kanto starter in SwSh until the DLC, and the other member of the Hisui starters' trios did not appear in LA (i.e. no Chikorita, Totodile, Snivy, Tepig, Litten, and Popplio).

Starters are the exception, in my opinion, all of them, are at least a lil bit popular, but there is almost never other starters, exceptions beeing Kanto, and Hoenn for some reason

There's been other examples of one member of a trio appearing and not the others. Charizard was the only Kanto starter in SwSh until the DLC, and the other member of the Hisui starters' trios did not appear in LA (i.e. no Chikorita, Totodile, Snivy, Tepig, Litten, and Popplio).
That's true too. So then what's their excuse for Greninja?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom