• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What older Pokemon do you want to have in the SV Pokedex? And which Pokemon can you see not being in the dex?

That's true too. So then what's their excuse for Greninja?

Probably because it's mainly tied to Kalos, and they only threw it into SM because they skipped Z and shoved some of the leftover Pokemon forms into SM instead (Zygarde's new forms were awkwardly added to SM as well, really the only headscratcher was why we didn't get Eternal Flower Floette as well). Greninja is popular, but not insanely mainstream popular to the degree of Pokemon like Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo, and Lucario, so they haven't felt the need to put it in everything under the sun.

That's true too. So then what's their excuse for Greninja?
Merchandising, probably
Probably because it's mainly tied to Kalos, and they only threw it into SM because they skipped Z and shoved some of the leftover Pokemon forms into SM instead (Zygarde's new forms were awkwardly added to SM as well, really the only headscratcher was why we didn't get Eternal Flower Floette as well). Greninja is popular, but not insanely mainstream popular to the degree of Pokemon like Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo, and Lucario, so they haven't felt the need to put it in everything under the sun.
I think Ash-Greninja might also have something to do with the frog being excluded entirely from Gen 8. Since Mega Evolutions (and Z-Moves) were entirely absent from the Generation, and Ash-Greninja is a sort of Mega-esque form, it's possible that the devs were in a bit of a bind with it: sure, they could have let Greninja into Gen 8 with Ash-Greninja, but maybe it was seen as "too unfair" or unbalanced since nothing else had Mega forms anymore; another option could have been to just let Greninja in but without any way to access Ash-Greninja, but maybe that would have been complicated to do, since Ash-Greninja is tied to a special Ability instead of an item, and it's not like Battle Bond can be removed. So in the end, Greninja was simply left out entirely.

Who knows, maybe if Megas make a comeback they'll let Greninja in?

inb4 there are still no Megas in Gen 9 but Greninja returns anyway and I have to eat my words lol

And I wish the Kanto starters, along with most overrated pokémon are not in (but the trailer already showed Lucario and Larvitar so my hopes for that are down the drain)
Most of the rest are hard to say, but of course things like Riolu, Zorua, Larvitar, Pikachu and Meowth are always in. Also Magnemite and Psyduck which have been in every dex ever.
The Zubat line has also been in every regional Dex.
Also we do know that blissey is in the game, she wasn't on your list, even tho, she wasn't, if I'm correct, in gen 3, 5, 6, 7, and 8 with no dlc.
Also also, sadly, we now that they select pokés mainly based on popularity, for marketing, it isn't necesarilly a bad thing, bt it can get a few pokemon under-exposed, meanwile others the opposite.
All of this sums up my biggest issue with Dexit overall; certain Pokémon will always be prioritized over others if they want a specific number for their regional Pokédexes, thus taking away slots for other Pokémon that would have otherwise fit the games much better, even if the Pokémon that fit the region eventually appear in the DLC in unusal areas. Not to mention that certain redundancies with two Pokémon evolutionary lines that fit the same roles: both the Timburr and Machop line are part of base SwSh despite both filling the role of "3-stage Fighting-types that aid in construction" simply because they wanted to use Machamp to G-max to pair up with Gengar (due to both being Gen 1). This problem could be easily fixed if Game Freak weren't so insistent on making the roster of the regional Dex a very specific number of Pokémon (which again happened in SwSh, even in regards to the DLCs to the point where Dhelmise wasn't in the IoA Pokédex and the Wailer line + Lapras wasn't in the Crown Tundra Pokédex).

They could even still have Pikachu coded into the games without a Pokédex entry and treat it like a Mythical for promotional purposes. Failing that, make them something more special like having to go out of your way to obtain a Pichu egg from helping out an NPC due to their rarity in SV's region. It would be a lot more interesting than just finding Pikachu in the wild. There's a lot more marketing potential that TPC is missing out on just because of how they treat their more popular Pokémon as "spam them in every game even if we don't do much with them" as opposed to making their inclusion mean something. At least, that's how I see it.

Overall, Dexit doesn't have to be used as an excuse to milk our wallets with Pokémon Home and to overuse their most popular Pokémon like it currently seems to be (SV's graphical improvements notwithstanding). There are plenty of opportunities that GF/TPC is missing out on by just treating things like business as usual despite us living in a post-Dexit world.

I want my boi Simisage back!! He's been stuck in Pokemon Home for two years! lol.

1. A number of Pokemon from the Kalosian dex as @BackSet mentioned. Particularly ones that got dexited in SwSh.
2. Pokemon that have possible influences from Spanish culture or from what used to be Spanish colonies, such as:
  • Sigilyph (Peruvian - inspired by the Nazca Lines)
  • Hawlucha, Maractus, Ludicolo or Wooper and their (pre-)evolutions. (Mexican)
  • Xatu line (explicitly said to be South American in the Johto and Gen 3 Kanto dex)
  • Tauros (Bullfighting, running of the bulls, and depictions from Altamira Cave) & Miltank (as the female equivalent of Tauros - maybe make an Iberian variant)
  • Bouffalant (based on American Bison - found in Mexico and what is now SW USA)
  • Maybe a Servine (It's referring to the French King Louis XIV of the Bourbon Dynasty...which one of its surviving branches runs the current Spanish monarchy.)...though admittedly it would be weird without Emboar and Samurott... Or, maybe make all three to be Iberian variations, with Emboar to be a Mexican wrestler, and Samurott to be a conquistador?
  • Sunflora - Sunflower native to North America, introduced to Europe by the Spanish.
  • Cinccino line - as they are based on chinchillas found in South America
  • Maybe make an Iberian variant of Gothitelle line as a flamenco dancer? Both Gothitelle and flamenco have possible origins from the Romani people.
  • Carracosta line - Based on leatherback sea turtle, with significant population in the Caribbean & Florida
  • Archeops line - possibly based on Feathered Serpents of ancient Mesoamerica
  • An Iberian variant of Shelmet and Escavcalier that look more like Spanish conquistadors
  • Tropius - Bananas: Originally native to much of SE Asia including the Philippines, first introduced to Europe via Muslim Iberia before the Reconquest, and later introduced to the Caribbeans and South America during the Spanish-Portuguese colonial period.
...Okay I'm exhausted now... lol

Last edited:
I don't know exactly how plausible this is but I'd sure like to use Kommo-o again.

I think most of the fossils should be in the game. I‘m thinking 1 from each set in each version. So basically Omastar/Rampardos/Armaldo/Aurorus in one version, and Kabutops/Bastiodon/Cradily/Tyrantrum in the other. I think it should work with the player choosing one of any of the four, and maybe through Rock smash they can get the other fossils from their version at a later point in the game.

Interesting that Henymidfields suggested the gen5 fossils, while I personally feel they are the one set that shouldn’t be in the game, due to them both being too different from each other, and one of them is Water/Rock and might be too similar to the gen1 duo. And Archeops, a feathered serpent? I thought it was a bird?

Tropius would be interesting though, considering it’s been a long long time since we saw a game with that in it!

Appeared in SWSH
Appeared in the Isle of Armour
Appeared in the Crown Tundra
Did not appear in Gen 8 (excluding BDSP/PLA)

Returning (Trailer 1)
[1] Pichu - Pikachu - Raichu(3+)
[1] Meowth - Persian(3)

[1] Psyduck - Golduck(3)
[1] Magnemite - Magneton - Magnezone(4)
[1] Happiny - Chansey - Blissey

[2] Hoppip
[2] Larvitar - Pupitar - Tyranitar(4)
[3] Wingull - Pelipper

[3] Swablu - Altaria(3)
[3] Seviper
[4] Starly
[4] Combee
[4] Drifloon - Drifblim(3)
[4] Riolu - Lucario

[5] Petilil - Lilligant(3)
[5] (H) Zorua - (H) Zoroark

[6] Flabebe
[6] Clauncher - Clawitzer(3)
[7] Bounsweet - Tsareena(s,3)
[8] Stonjourner

Returning (Trailer 2)
[1] Venonat
[1] Shellder - Cloyster(4)
[1] Gastly - Haunter - Gengar

[2] Mareep - Flaaffy
[3] Bagon
[5] Cryogonal

[6] Fletching - Fletchinder - Talonflame
[7] Mareanie - Toxapex
[7] Fomantis - Lurantis
[8] Chewtle - Drednaw(3)
[8] Rolycoly - Carkol - Coalossal

Returning (Trailer 3)
Jigglypuff(s)
Growlithe - Arcanine
Slowpoke - Slowbro - Slowking
Scyther - Scizor
Magikarp - Gyarados
Eevee - Vaporeon - Jolteon - Flareon - Espeon - Umbreon - Glaceon - Leafeon - Sylveon
Dratini - Dragonair - Dragonite
Azurill - Marill - Azumarill
Wooper (P)
Misdreavus - Mismagius
Murkrow - Honchkrow
Pineco - Foretress(s)
Girafarig
Houndour - Houndoom
Phanpy - Donphan
Makuhita - Hariyama
Sableye(s)
Ralts - Kirlia - Gardevoir(+) - Gallade
Slakoth - Vigoroth - Slaking
Cacnea - Cacturne
Snorunt
Shinx - Luxio - Luxray(+)
Pachirisu
Hippopotas - Hippowdon(+)
Bronzor - Bronzong
Finneon - Lumineon
Rotom(+)
Deerling - Sawsbuck
Cubchoo - Beartic
Tynamo - Eelektrik - Eelektross
Deino - Zweilous - Hydreigon
Skiddo - Gogoat
Noibat - Noivern
Mudbray(+)
Rockruff
Skwovet
Pincurchin
Hatenna - Hattrem - Hatterene
Sinistea - Polteageist(+)
Cufant
Eiscue

Returning (Trailer 4)
Shroomish - Breloom

Appearing as visuals
Dratini (fountain)
Applin (sticker)
Hatenna (sticker)
Qwilfish (banner ad)
Victreebel (banner ad)
Whiscash (banner ad)
Sunflora (statue) (3)

Last edited:
I thought there was a list somewhere, but apparently not, anyway, list of Pokemon that are in no Switch game:

[5] Snivy - Servine - Serperior
[5] Tepig - Pignite - Emboar
[5] Patrat - Watchog
[5] Pansage - Simisage
[5] Pansear - Simisear
[5] Panpour - Simipour
[5] Blitzle - Zebstrika
[5] Sewaddle - Swadloon - Leavanny
[5] Ducklett - Swanna
[5] Deerling - Sawsbuck
[5] Alomomola
[5] Tynamo - Eelektrik - Eelektross
[5] Meloetta
[6] Chespin - Quilladin - Chesnaught
[6] Fennekin - Braixen - Delphox
[6] Froakie - Frogadier - Greninja
[6] Scatterbug - Spewpa - Vivillon
[6] Litleo - Pyroar
[6] Skiddo - Gogoat
[6] Furfrou
[6] Hoopa
[7] Pikipek - Trumbreak - Toucannon
[7] Yungoos - Gumshoos
[7] Crabrawler - Crabominable
[7] Oricorio
[7] Minior
[7] Komala
[7] Bruxish

Bold - returning in Scarlet/Violet

Last edited:
With Venonat and Venomoth’s inclusion in the new region, all of the Gen 1 Pokémon have now appeared in at least one regional Dex outside of Kanto and Johto. This is obviously if you exclude Mew, given Mythicals don’t tend to be part of regional Dexes.

Really happy to see Flaaffy. One of my favorite evolution chains is the Mareep line, and I was really missing them in SwSh. I know they can be found in BDSP, but I'll be glad to see them in SV. Recently brought over my shiny Mareep and Flaaffy from Go so I will definitely bring those to SV when we are able to.

Was also really hoping we'd see Deerling and Sawsbuck in this trailer. This is such a great line, and it's honestly criminal that we haven't seen them in a regional dex since their introduction. They don't even have to bring back seasons for them. Just looking at the diverse biome in SV, it really wouldn't be too hard to stick a different Deerling and Sawsbuck into the different biomes.

Last edited:
Flabébé has been confirmed and I want the Deerling line in too, since it didn't make it in last gen.

Wishlist:

. Clauncher and Clawitzer;
. Heracross and Scizor;
. Skrelp and Dragalge;
. Helioptile and Heliolisk;
. Onix and Steelix;
. Poli-Wag/Whril/Wrath;
. Centiskorch and Pelipper.

I'd love all the starters to come in, but I have doubts it will happen. Hopefully the gen 6 starters at least, so to reference Kalos at the region's borders (If it really is on the border)

I probably said this already but I remembered it so I'm gonna say it again if so.

GIVE ME MORE SKITTY. THE POOR THING DIDN'T GET TO BE A FAIRY TYPE, LEAST YOU COULD DO IS USE IT MORE. And no, Spriggywig and Meowth being in there already is not a reason against having it. You can never have too many cats.

You. Can. Never. Have. Too. Many. Cats.

I should know my household has five now. Mom needed some for the garage mouse problem. CATS!!! owo

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom