• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What older Pokemon do you want to have in the SV Pokedex? And which Pokemon can you see not being in the dex?

those things aren't real cats
... slowly raises fists You wanna fite about the hairless leetle goblin cat babbles??? (9o-o)9 I'm reedy to go, bruh. Cat is a cat!
~
My guess on skitty not being fairy type is either they forgot about it and delcatty or.. they just don't care about them. Because come on LOOK AT THEM how are they not magical fairy cats? Unless they somehow have even MORE fairy looking designs in the 'ideas we could use' pile in the office or something. I bet they spit glitter.

Skitty line probably could’ve been fairy. Wonder why not
My guess on skitty not being fairy type is either they forgot about it and delcatty or.. they just don't care about them. Because come on LOOK AT THEM how are they not magical fairy cats? Unless they somehow have even MORE fairy looking designs in the 'ideas we could use' pile in the office or something. I bet they spit glitter.
I think there’s a simpler explanation: remember the Normalize ability that turns all non-Normal-type moves into Normal-type moves (the inverse of abilities like Aerilate)? That would no longer make sense if they became Fairy-type, or any type other than pure Normal for that matter.

I know this is not going to happen since Pikachu is the mascot and Ash's main boy/partner but the Pichu line not being included in the dex. I'd just love to see an anime (I know we're talking about the games and there's no news of an anime after this journeys thing ends that I am aware of) where Ash is unable to bring in Pikachu at all or its evolved form (not that Pikachu will ever evolve into Raichu).

This being said I love the shinx line so would like that to come back as well as Houndour, possibly with a 3rd evolution. Not sure how that would work with Houndoom having a mega evolution. I guess they could always make a regional houndoom with 3 stage evolution?

I know this is not going to happen since Pikachu is the mascot and Ash's main boy/partner but the Pichu line not being included in the dex. I'd just love to see an anime (I know we're talking about the games and there's no news of an anime after this journeys thing ends that I am aware of) where Ash is unable to bring in Pikachu at all or its evolved form (not that Pikachu will ever evolve into Raichu).

This being said I love the shinx line so would like that to come back as well as Houndour, possibly with a 3rd evolution. Not sure how that would work with Houndoom having a mega evolution. I guess they could always make a regional houndoom with 3 stage evolution?
it's possible. Pikachu was absent from gen 5. though i guess it was still in the national dex.

it's possible. Pikachu was absent from gen 5. though i guess it was still in the national dex.
Pikachu has been confirmed to be in since the first trailer, though. There's even gonna be an event Pikachu that knows Fly upon release.

Being the franchise mascot, I don't think Pikachu is ever gonna be absent from any mainline games' Pokedexes ever again. Yes, it didn't appear in the Gen 5 Pokedex, but back then the dex cuts weren't a thing, so it was not as much of a big deal to leave it out since it was still programmed in the code.

I got my wish of seeing Luxray. The only ones I just really hope to see now are Weavile and the Kalos starters.
I think chances are big for those.

Minior, the Magcargo-, Arbok- and Dewgong- families are some I'd love to see in the basegame or DLC.

Why would the Pichu line not being native to the region prevent Satoshi from bringing his Kanto-born already existing Pikachu there? It didn't in Best Wishes. The regional dex is an indication of what pokémon naturally live in that area, not a force field.

Honestly, just because I think that he relies too much on Pikachu throughout the anime and would like to personally see him not have his Ace pokemon at all. Not to mention, Pikachu has gotten a ton of power boosts throughout the anime, starting with when he was trying to beat Brock in the first season. Then again, I'd also like to see Pokemon retire Ash to either Kanto or back to Alola since he's become a champion and start with a new protagonist.

Honestly, just because I think that he relies too much on Pikachu throughout the anime and would like to personally see him not have his Ace pokemon at all. Not to mention, Pikachu has gotten a ton of power boosts throughout the anime, starting with when he was trying to beat Brock in the first season. Then again, I'd also like to see Pokemon retire Ash to either Kanto or back to Alola since he's become a champion and start with a new protagonist.
weren't they planning on doing that with Goh? i haven't watched since gen 5 though, so i wouldn't know

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom