• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What older Pokemon do you want to have in the SV Pokedex? And which Pokemon can you see not being in the dex?

I'm hopeful the Dratini line makes it in. We saw a Dratini fountain, and while that is in no way an indication, I'm still hopeful they make it in.

I hope that the Pokemon that haven't appeared in a dex on the Switch will appear in these games. (perhaps even getting some love through regional variants)

Obviously I hope my favourites like Cofagrigus, Reuniclus, Mawile, Drampa, Malamar etc can make it in, but I realize with the increase in Pokemon and removal of the national dex I'm not always going to have my favourite Pokemon available. (and really it probably wouldn't matter that much since I don't like reusing Pokemon anyway)

It would also be nice if some regional variants from Galar will be available in these games. (even if it's just through Home)

Pokemon i cannot see in the dex are Ducklett (Due to Quaxly and Pelipper).

I don't think GameFreak care a lot about that kind of thing. Often they even add new Pokemon in the same gen with the exact same typing so some overlap wouldn't be a big deal. Besides, there's always the possibility of Ducklett/Swanna getting regional variants.

I hope that the Pokemon that haven't appeared in a dex on the Switch will appear in these games. (perhaps even getting some love through regional variants)

Obviously I hope my favourites like Cofagrigus, Reuniclus, Mawile, Drampa, Malamar etc can make it in, but I realize with the increase in Pokemon and removal of the national dex I'm not always going to have my favourite Pokemon available. (and really it probably wouldn't matter that much since I don't like reusing Pokemon anyway)

It would also be nice if some regional variants from Galar will be available in these games. (even if it's just through Home)

I don't think GameFreak care a lot about that kind of thing. Often they even add new Pokemon in the same gen with the exact same typing so some overlap wouldn't be a big deal. Besides, there's always the possibility of Ducklett/Swanna getting regional variants.

Like, i can see Ducklett/Swanna being in despite the same typing. I can't see them in because Quaxly is a Water Duck as well (And in that argument, we have Psyduck already as well being in). And from a design standpoint, Quaxly looks so much like Ducklett already (Even the color scheme is kinda similair), i can't see Ducklett line being in based on that and with Pelipper being in again i don't think Ducklett is all that likely (Since i also think they want to include Cramorant, due to the European Cormorant being a thing in Spain and its a former generation mon and Barracuda's, where Arrokuda is based on, also appear there).

Sure, Ducklett and Swanna can get a regional variant, but i feel like those chances are kinda slim, considering Ducklett and Swanna can survive in Kalos just fine as they are and Spain is just South of France on the same landmass and the environmental differences between Spain and France are also little to none (Sure, Spain is a little hotter than Northern France, but the difference isn't as huge).

Last edited:
As long as Corsola's around, I'm happy. There's some great reefs in the Balearics, it's not out of place!

Ducklett and Swanna HAVE to be in this game because they l were in zero Gen 8 games. Every single one of the 63 Pokémon not in Gen 8 kind of NEED to be in these games… to do otherwise would be absolutely ridiculous. I’m not a natdexer, but I do believe in rotating the roster fairly.

That being said, give them a regional variant! Black swan? Dark/Flying why not lol

Ducklett and Swanna HAVE to be in this game because they l were in zero Gen 8 games. Every single one of the 63 Pokémon not in Gen 8 kind of NEED to be in these games… to do otherwise would be absolutely ridiculous. I’m not a natdexer, but I do believe in rotating the roster fairly.
The only issue is the redundancy created with Quaxly.

I want the dex to have all the Pokemon who got new forms/evolutions in Arceus purely so they can be used in a competitive sense. The hisuian forms don't have to be in by default but have the regular forms so we can transfer the Hisuian forms in.
Main problem is that some of them just... don't fit, like Avalugg.

I want the dex to have all the Pokemon who got new forms/evolutions in Arceus purely so they can be used in a competitive sense. The hisuian forms don't have to be in by default but have the regular forms so we can transfer the Hisuian forms in.
Main problem is that some of them just... don't fit, like Avalugg.
There are actually small glaciers in the Pyrenees, which would make a perfect snowy area.

I'm hoping that the 60something Pokemon that haven't made it to a Switch game yet make it in this time. Like I know a lot of them are ones people don't care about, but I've actually grown to like some of them from playing with them in older games. Gogoat and the Litleo lines are the main ones coming to mind.

And just some other mons that feel like they haven't gotten a lot of attention in a while. Would love to be able to use Snubbull in a playthrough again.

I just hope that they include Pokemon that weren't available in SwSh, BDSP, or Legends Arceus. Especially the Kalos starters. They're the only group of starters that didn't have any members of their group included in any game. Unova at least got Oshawott in and part of me imagines we'll be able to bring in an Oshawott from Home if Hisuian variants like Zoroark are in.

The Pokémon that never showed up in Gen 8 should be a massive priority for the Pokédex. But older starters and legendaries should be kept out of the regional dex unless the National Dex is cut again.

Like I said in a different thread, I think that all the Pokemon that were completely left out of Gen 8 (that is, weren't obtainable in either SWSH, Legends, or BDSP) should be included in Scarlet and Violet: we got a good long break from them, it's time they get back in the spotlight. This is especially true of species that never got all that much attention even when they were obtainable such as the Blitzle line, the Deerling line, the Ducklett line (hopefully through a regional variant, since the current form feels too similar to Quaxly and might get overshadowed as a result), or the Sewaddle line.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom