• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What opposing abilities do you dislike the most?

SinCosTan

God forgives, I don't.
Reaction score
I don't like it when my opponent has pressure, or an ability that makes them immune to my attacks. Levitate is really annoying for me. I've had a trainer or two withdraw a pokemon weak to earthquake and send in something like Bronzong. Pressure becomes really bothersome when I have to use a powerful move with low PP to guarantee a knock out.

Last edited:
Intimidate, because obviously the stat drop will ALWAYS happen to your physical attacker :banghead:

Levitate isn't too bad if you know the pokemon has it but it's a pain in the butt with bronzong who either lessens the damage to fire or is completely immune to ground basically giving it one weakness and you have to guess what that weakness is.

Pressure can be a pain if you've got moves that don't have much PP but otherwise it doesn't bother me any, though anything that announces itself at the beginning does irritate me a bit for the time it wastes.

Intimidate, because obviously the stat drop will ALWAYS happen to your physical attacker :banghead:

Odd. For me it pretty much always does it to my special attacker. :p

I hate Bronzong's combination of abilities the most.

That's because the two types to hit it with are Fire and Ground. The problem is that Bronzong's two abilities are Heatproof and Levitate. So you basically have to guess which ability it has... and hope you're right.

Pressure is frustrating, as is Solid Rock, Static, and Thick Fat. Also: Levitate: it's all the stuff you hate about flying, without the added weaknesses!

Any ability that negates moves ( water absorb, flash fire, levitate, inner focus, etc ) Intimidate, Pressure

Ive had bad experiences with Poison Heal Breloom recently. How is my Shuckle supposed to kill it when it heals, hides behind a damn Substitute, and cant be Poisoned!?!

Guts is also annoying. Hey Sableye, burn this Hariyama with your Will-o-wisp....oh crap.

I currently DESPISE mold breaker after my levitate-dependent team got completely crushed by a choice scarf Rampardos and earthquake in the Battle Tower -_-

I hate Bronzong's combination of abilities the most.

That's because the two types to hit it with are Fire and Ground. The problem is that Bronzong's two abilities are Heatproof and Levitate. So you basically have to guess which ability it has... and hope you're right.

Levitate is almost always the ability used due to prominence of Earthquake and the fact that it negates Ground-type attacks instead of halving the damage.

But, I agree with Intimidate.

Levitate is almost always the ability used due to prominence of Earthquake and the fact that it negates Ground-type attacks instead of halving the damage.

But, I agree with Intimidate.

It was that way in platinum. Then in HG, every trainer with Bronzong starts packing heatproof.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom