• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What order do you do the Elite 4 in pokémon B/W?

Caitlin, Grimsley, Shauntal, Marshal. Though sometimes I do the standard left to right.

Caitlin, Shauntal, Grimsley, and last Marshal. Zoroark didn't get a single scratch from Caitlin, which helped a bunch! :)

The first time I did the E4 was: Psychic, Fighting, Ghost, Dark.
But now I just do it randomly.

I start at my least favourite, then fight my way to the top.

In other words:
Marshal -> Caitlin -> Shauntal -> Grimsley

When I first challenged the Elite Four I started with the way Bulbapedia ordered it Shauntal - Grimsley - Caitlin - Marshal lol :p

I now challenge them in a random order.

Shauntal -> Grimsley -> Caitlin -> Marshal

From the easiest to the hardest.
(Marshal isn't that difficult, but mt Braviary was weak as hell in the first run XD)

left to right, but skipping Caitlin so I can save my least favorite for last :p

I just do it randomly. Then again, I have beat the E4 and Champion 10 times already: partly to level up and evolve Pokemon to fill up the Pokedex, mostly to hear the credits them again.

Honestly, this B/W are the first main series games to have had a proper credits theme since GSC. Not just some ambient guitar noises. Platinum was awful.

But, back to my original point, I do it randomly (unless I have my Zoroark with me, then I sweep Catlin first by disguising as a non-Dark-type, Nasty Plotting, then using Night Burst, laughing as she uselessly use Psychic again and again).

Left to Right.. but lately I've done 4-1-2-3.. I just wanted to battle Caitlin last :p

Depends on which Pokemon I'm training. Obviously its at a level where it can handle the Elite 4 but needs training anyway.

I fight Grimsley first as one of my Pokémon is Psychic, so if I were to lose, it'd be to him, then, Shauntal, Caitlin and Marshal.

So, I go from most difficult to easiest -for me, anyway-. The first time I left Caitlin for the last, though. I didn't even know that she'd appear in BW, so I was surprised when I found out that she was a member of the E4.

when i was trying to beat the game i always went for the fighting first, my archeops could beat it easily with acrobatics except for sawk and its sturdy

I begun with the Ghost trainer completely by accident. I had thought I was going to the pokemon center, I desperately needed to.
The Merriland guide had said 'west of the entrance'. I really loved her though, especially her being a writer like me :)

I believe then it was the psychic woman, the fighting guy, and then the dark guy last. It was a miracle that I had gotten through it, luckily I had had enough supplies.

I start with Marshal. The reason is simple: I want to keep Aerial Ace on Serperior before teaching him Dragon Tail, because Flying is super-effective on Fighting-types. Crustle was the lead only for Stealth Rock, because I don't want Garbodor's Toxic Spikes to buff up some of his Pokemon. Unfortunately for Crustle, Throh was so resilient thanks to resistance to Bug and Rock, but luckily Crustle has Shell Armour, which makes Storm Throw quite weak. Thankfully I am able to utilise Shell Smash to get to the top. When that is done, Serperior starts building up Coils to buff up, and Aerial Ace to clear (with some help from Scope Lens). To my surprise once, Mienshao live the attack and used U-turn, and when Mienshao was the last one standing, Stealth Rock makes the battle anti-climatic (because Mienshao has very little HP left.

Second is Grimsley. I wanted to go for Grimsley because I want to. Like the previous battle, I lead with a seemingly disadvantaged Pokemon, and that is (girl) Jellicent, because of knowledge that he leads with Scrafty. Since Jellicent is faster, I proceed to use Will-o-wisp, and wait for Cursed Body to take effect so that Scrafty is walled. So, I wear it down. The others are practically man-handled by Darmanitan, who has Hammer Arm.

Third is Shauntal, and again, I lead with a seemingly disadvantaged Pokemon, which is Garbodor. It took a long time, but I was able to win the stall war with Cofagrigus and get two layers of Toxic Spikes down. Anyway, fast forward to the battle done, thanks to Serperior dealing with Golurk and Jellicent, while Darmanitan on Chandelure (with Bulldoze).

Fourth is Caitlin, because I think she may be harder than the others. I wanted Reuniclus to shine too, so I gave that Pokemon Shadow Ball to be able to deal with the other Psychics.

So in short, Marshal -> Grimsley -> Shauntal -> Caitlin.

Thanks for reading.

I take the challenge in terms of whomever would have the type advantage over the others. In this case for me it's Shauntal, Grimsley, Marshal, then Caitlin.
Ghost is weak to Dark, which is weak to Fighting, which is weak to Psychic, which is weak to Ghost. though I guess by following this pattern, I could start on anyone.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom