• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What OS do you use?

What's your OS?

• MS Windows

Votes: 115 84.6%
  • Mac OS X

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • Mac OS 9 or lower

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Linux (post what distribution)

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Posting using a gaming console (post what console)

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Posting using a handheld or a cell phone (post what handheld)

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either from my laptop (windows vista) or my iPhone.

I just installed tiny7, which is basically an illegal version of Windows 7 trimmed with vLite or similar software to remove the extra bloat and unnecessary features. I'm just going to use it so I can watch Netflix and use Carbonite to backup my media partition from time to time. (Since you can't run Carbonite on Ubuntu, ARRGH!!)

My main OS is going to be Ubuntu 10.04, I just need to set it up still.

Windows 7 on this little laptop.

I miss Macintosh something terrible though; everything goes wrong for me while using Windows whereas on the Mac things are peachy keen.

I just installed tiny7, which is basically an illegal version of Windows 7 trimmed with vLite or similar software to remove the extra bloat and unnecessary features. I'm just going to use it so I can watch Netflix and use Carbonite to backup my media partition from time to time. (Since you can't run Carbonite on Ubuntu, ARRGH!!)

I thought Ubuntu had backup built in. Is Carbonite better?

Xp. I had Windows 7 on my old laptop, and I hated it. Xp boots faster for me with the same specs, and I think it actually looks better than 7.

Xp. I had Windows 7 on my old laptop, and I hated it. Xp boots faster for me with the same specs, and I think it actually looks better than 7.

Installing 7 on something old makes it go slower. I have had 7 boot up in less than a minute on my newer laptop. To be honest, you should know 7 doesn't work well on old things.

Windows 7 on this little laptop.

I miss Macintosh something terrible though; everything goes wrong for me while using Windows whereas on the Mac things are peachy keen.

Norton is your best friend. And a little knowledge of computers.

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit on my school computer.
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit on my own laptop, I tried to get 64-bit cuz higher number=better, but I kept getting BSoD so I hed to uninstall and reinstall whit 32-bit.

Why do you need enterprise? Are you a business major?

Why do you need enterprise? Are you a business major?

The computer I got from my school got Enterprise and I'm not allowed to change that until June 2013, after I've graduated.

The computer I got from my school got Enterprise and I'm not allowed to change that until June 2013, after I've graduated.

Oh, the school gave it to you? You own it I assume? You are lucky, because usually enterprise is bought in bulk (for 5+ systems) and cost quite a bit. it is powerful if you know how to use it too.

Norton is your best friend. And a little knowledge of computers.
Oh, no no no, that's not the problem. I'm very (well, I wouldn't say very, but quite exceptionally) knowledgeable with computers, and it's a very rare chance that viruses are the problem. I've scanned my computer with several antivirus programs, nothing was found, and I check it manually every so often.
What I meant was, things always seem to mess up for me no matter where I go, and that includes when I'm on my computer. I just have bad luck. But on the Mac, things strangely don't mess up.

Oh, the school gave it to you? You own it I assume? You are lucky, because usually enterprise is bought in bulk (for 5+ systems) and cost quite a bit. it is powerful if you know how to use it too.

Actually I rent it, but for x3 scholarships of 870 NOK (141,61 USD) I get to own it, basically what I get every year, so in 2013 it's all mine. And I got the same computer as 150 others, so they were obviously bought in a bulk.

Last edited:
I thought Ubuntu had backup built in. Is Carbonite better?

I've already paid for Carbonite, so I don't want it to go to waste or anything. :/ I think ubuntu does have backup built-in, I just haven't looked into it. There is Ubuntu One, but I haven't done much with it, and the little experience I did have with it didn't leave me with the greatest feelings. It was a little frustrating to get working right.

Also, Enterprise = Ultimate. There is no difference, except for the name and the fact you can't buy Enterprise off the shelf. You can even download an Enterprise trial from Microsoft's site if you want to test out Windows 7.

Installing 7 on something old makes it go slower. I have had 7 boot up in less than a minute on my newer laptop. To be honest, you should know 7 doesn't work well on old things.

I meant old as in my previous laptop, not an ancient one; it was newish, made after Windows 7 was produced. My previous laptop had Windows 7 and it was horrible. On my new laptop (same sepcs as previous one) I have Xp and couldn't ask for a better OS.

I meant old as in my previous laptop, not an ancient one; it was newish, made after Windows 7 was produced. My previous laptop had Windows 7 and it was horrible. On my new laptop (same sepcs as previous one) I have Xp and couldn't ask for a better OS.

Do you have the specs? 7 really shouldn't take that long to boot up (I understand your reasoning for not liking it, I just want to know why it took long to boot).

Finally got around to installing Arch Linux, so I'm now dual booting to it and the old Windows 7. It did take several hours to get it installed but I had a more experienced user to guide me so I didn't break anything. Haven't installed KDE yet, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom