• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP What part/factor of BDSP did you appreciate the most?

Favorite factor of BDSP? (3 choices)

• Pokémon Contests / Rhythm game

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Making Poffins

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Berry farming

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Sinnoh needing 0 HM’s

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • The chibi style

• The hard elite four

• The battle tower

• The grand underground

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Azure Flute Arceus event

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Beautiful battlefields

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Relative lack of lengthy cutscenes

• The music

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

ComicMimic

Kagamine Len fan !!
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. They/Them
  2. Any
I love doing simple titles, but I am (sadly) a big fan of BDSP and everyone seems to hate those games. But I wanted to ask a simple question on what factor you liked the most! (If there are any others I forgot, please tell me and I’ll add it!)

Like I always say, this thread is for fun, not fights.

Relative lack of lengthy cutscenes. Other recent Pokémon games attempt to have a heavy focus on the story, which typically means a big portion of the initial playthrough is spent pressing A through cutscenes. BDSP, being a faithful recreation of DP for the most part, doesn't have this problem - it was pretty big breath of fresh air to me, not having to deal with that sort of thing when playing a modern Pokémon game.

It is not in the list, but the beautiful battlefields. That is the one thing that truly stood out to me, at least visually.

I agree with you, the most notable point of the game is the beautiful 3D and scenarios of the in-game battles.

The expansion of the underground area was certainly welcome, but I don't think it was executed as interestingly as it could have been.

It is not in the list, but the beautiful battlefields. That is the one thing that truly stood out to me, at least visually.
Agreed. Seeing important characters having their own backgrounds makes them more impactful !

To me, it was the upped difficulty. I didn't see the strat Flint was going to use with his Drifblim coming :lapras:

It was my first Sinnoh game so getting to finally explore the region was super cool. No idea why people don't like these games I had a lot of fun
2 Reasons people hate Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl:
1) It's just Diamond and Pearl but 3D.
2) No Platinum Dex. These games use the more limited Diamond & Pearl Regional Dex instead of the more expanded Platinum Regional Dex.

2 Reasons people hate Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl:
1) It's just Diamond and Pearl but 3D.
2) No Platinum Dex. These games use the more limited Diamond & Pearl Regional Dex instead of the more expanded Platinum Regional Dex.
See I LIKED that it was Just DP But Again because DP is good. Could it have been expanded on a lot more like the other remakes? Of course! But the idea that a remake of a good game that's just the same game again is somehow bad because it doesn't add things it never had to is odd to me

I voted for the Grand Underground, Sinnoh needing 0 HMs, and the music.

The Grand Underground, despite not having all the features of the original Underground, is at least an interesting enough addition that, at the bare minimum, includes the ability to get some of the Pokemon originally only obtainable in Platinum in Gen 4. It would have been better if those Pokemon were included in the region itself, of course, but it's nice that they're at least available for the player.

Sinnoh needing 0 HMs is honestly a godsend and part of what makes the original Gen 4 games so tedious to go back to.

And the music in this game I feel is highly underrated. That is, if you download the Day 1 patch, lol. I find a lot of the updated tracks to be really nice, including a lot of the town themes and the Pokemon League Night theme - though, I prefer the original Lake theme, personally.

No HMs and Grand Underground are my big picks. Grand Underground's just nice for having the ability to catch a lot more stuff, especially being able to catch the other starters you don't have. Just a really nice detail.

And no HMs is just a gimmie, since it just makes moveset building a lot easier. Part of me does miss the fun of having your own partners contribute to the adventure, but not only is the Poketch option just way easier, it also still has a bit of a cool flair by making it so that you're literally having Pokemon in the world around you assist you. It's kinda cool, honestly.

I enjoyed the inclusion of Platinum rematch teams as well as a special encounter with a Shadow Origin Giratina in a small part of the Distortion World. Cynthia's rematch teams in particular were very well put together. I liked the inclusion of actual competitive movesets and held items, the Pokemon League in general was just done so well. Never in any game has Cynthia's Pokemon used held items barring a Sitrus Berry on Garchomp (besides battle facilities), in BDSP, her entire team has logical sets of moves and items even from her first battle, like her Garchomp having a Yache Berry because if you played DPPl you probably went in trying to one shot it with an Ice Beam, and would be surprised to find that not work. Honestly BDSP were solid games I just hated the artistic decision of it being a sloppy chibi upscale of the originals made in Unity. It is by far the worst looking Pokemon game on Switch even if it does have its moments with certain environments or scenes. If it was instead made in LGPE's engine I think the game would've been a lot better and much more well-received.

Back
Top Bottom