• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Pokemon ability would best fit you?

Stall: I frequently procrastinate.
Own Tempo: I'm very adamant about working at my own pace and doing things in ways that I feel are authentic to me.
Hidden Ability (Available):
Natural Cure:
I recover from illnesses very quickly.

Hmm... I love this idea :D
Own Tempo and Oblivious. Apart from this, I would go with Inner Focus too, because once I start my work, I am totally into it.

either Emergency Exit for getting out of uhh everything (ahh yes procrastination)
Prankster (just cause)
Gluttony (i eat too much)
Slow Start (i can't just do a bunch of new stuff)
so yeahh

Anticipation, for one, as I'm an anxiety patient, so I can get pretty anxious, especially in certain situations. Even family get-togethers make me skittish despite it being family. It also ties into the following "ability".

Another would be Wimp Out (sadly), as I was bullied and beaten a lot as a kid/early teen, causing me to develop severe social phobia (I still have both the physical AND emotional scars from those days), so my first instinct whenever I feel threatened is to beat a quick retreat, if possible. I've gotten a bit better over the years, thanks to a LOT of therapy, so Emergency Exit might be more fitting, but the point remains.

Heh, these abilities make me feel a lot like Wade Duck from US Acres (Garfield's lesser-known sister comic, in case you don't know), something that I admit is fitting.

Pick Up: I have a habit of picking up all sorts of things from the ground or wherever.

Own Tempo: It's pretty difficult to confuse me and I like doing things at my own pace.

Either Insomnia (I don’t fall asleep easily, especially at college), Dry Skin (my hands crack and bleed in the winter due to how dry it gets), or Anticipation (I can get very stressed while waiting for something).

Anger Point: I have some anger issues and there are a few things that would be considered "critical hits" on me which would trigger this ability.
Anticipation: I comstantly plan things out ahead of time, anticipating what ,ight happen either out of excitement or anxiety. I'm almost always wrong but, hey, whatcha gonna do.

Moxie: "The Pokémon shows moxie, and that boosts the Attack stat after knocking out any Pokémon."
I don't start out in most situations feeling confident. However, once I notice that I'm on a roll, I'm very outgoing and brash.

Analytic: "Boosts move power when the Pokémon moves last."
I prefer to hang back and think carefully about the situation before making a move. This would definitely apply to battles.

Anticipation: "The Pokémon can sense an opposing Pokémon's dangerous moves."
I tend to assume that future situations will be much worse than they are. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Analytic - "Boosts move power when the Pokémon moves last."
Usually, I perform a lot better when allowed to think things over thoroughly and work at my own pace. I also like to consider all possible outcomes before making important decisions.

Oblivious - "The Pokémon is oblivious, and that keeps it from being infatuated or falling for taunts."
I pretty often take things at face value or interpret them in a literal sense, and this causes a lot to go over my head, for better or worse >_>

Insomnia - "The Pokémon is suffering from insomnia and cannot fall asleep."
This has pretty much been my life for the past 10 years. :p

Some runners-up were Sturdy, Moody, and Ice Body, for various reasons.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom