• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Pokemon are you planning on using in Pokemon Legends: Arceus?

My planned team for Legends Arceus; already have Eevee and Quilava.

IMG_1070 2.jpeg

Yaaaaay, new games- WAIT, WHAT?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN CINCCINO'S NOT IN IT?! ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME?!
Also this is my planned team as I do not have the game yet.
No Cinccino .jpg
Sigh, yes, I know, 2 Electric mons, but who cares
Sephiroth (Samurott), Torrent (if there are Abilities in this game)
  • Ceaseless Edge (Had to)
  • Night Slash (Crit time bois)
  • Hydro Pump (Idk why)
  • Swords Dance (Provided Crits act like they do in Gen III onwards)
Chupi (YOU KNEW IT WAS COMING AHAHAHA), Lighting Rod (I WILL CONTINOUSLY CATCH PICHU UNTIL ONE HAS A GOOD NATURE (if those exist), THIS ABILITY, AND GOOD IVS)
  • Thunder Wave (Catching time)
  • Volt Tackle (:D)
  • Play Rough (IT WAS ALL I HAD FOR COVERAGE, OKAY?!)
  • Thunderbolt (Thunder isn't much better anymore)
JoJo (OURA OURA OURA OURA OURA; Machamp), No Guard
  • Fire Punch (See where I'm going?)
  • Ice Punch (He doesn't need STAB moves to survive)
  • Thunder Punch (He just needs to keep on punching)
  • Bullet Punch (OURA OURA OURA OURA OURA OURA OURA OURA)
MAGNEDETH (Magneton), Sturdy
  • Thunder Wave (Completed dex day 1)
  • Thunderbolt (Smite 'em)
  • Flash Cannon (Pew)
  • Light Screen (Support)
Gary (Garchomp), Rough Skin
  • D-Claw (Outrage was made bad; Short for Dragon Claw)
  • Bulldoze (Because Earthquake isn't in this game, WTF)
  • Iron Head (Coverage)
  • Swallow Return Aerial Ace (I like the move)
Gengy (Gengar), Levitate or Cursed Body (depends on which one they chose)
  • Shadow Ball (because duh)
  • Dark Pulse (FLINCHES)
  • Sludge Bomb (probably Move Tutor because it doesn't get STAB Poison moves by level up for some reason)
  • Dazzling Gleam (BEGONE, YOU PESKY DARKNESS, I AM NOT AFRAID OF YOU)

I would give this team a 8/10 because no Cinccino :((((((((((((

My planned team:

PokemonTeam.png

I had hoped to use Mamoswine or Alolan Ninetails, but they were both really late game or post game. In general in this game I noticed a lot of the Pokemon I was most interested in using or Pokemon I hadn't used before appeared late game. It's been a little annoying putting a team together early on.

I was going to use Porygon-Z but I ended up deciding on Wyrdeer instead because it was easier than I expected to get a Stantler in the first zone. (and also it has that extra psychic typing)

Yanmega is just a Pokemon I've never used before that happens to be available early.

My planned team:

View attachment 155264

I had hoped to use Mamoswine or Alolan Ninetails, but they were both really late game or post game. In general in this game I noticed a lot of the Pokemon I was most interested in using or Pokemon I hadn't used before appeared late game. It's been a little annoying putting a team together early on.

I was going to use Porygon-Z but I ended up deciding on Wyrdeer instead because it was easier than I expected to get a Stantler in the first zone. (and also it has that extra psychic typing)

Yanmega is just a Pokemon I've never used before that happens to be available early.
Wgy Decidueye??

He's the worst of the new forms Imo, also no offense

Wgy Decidueye??

He's the worst of the new forms Imo, also no offense

For one thing they were the only starter without type overlap with other Pokemon I wanted to use. (I really want to use Basculegion)

and personally I like Decidueye the most out of the fully evolved forms. Although all three of them are good.

Out of the three starters available, I've used Rowlet the least (with only one playthrough in ultra-moon) so at the moment I'm leaning in that direction. I adore Oshawott and Cyndaquil but I've used them both quite extensively in the past (with Black and GSC/HGSS).

I also think it would be fun to make a themed-team this time around, maybe based on the historical time period this game takes after once the roster is a little more apparent. I could also look to literature for inspiration as well :unsure:

A lot of possibilities here.
Staying true to myself and using Decidueye in my play-through!

I actually had a different team in mind (mostly new Pokemon/ Hisuian evolutions) but decided to re-start my game. I like the mix of old and new.

My team is as follows:
Decidueye
Wyrdeer
Empoleon
Ninetales
Froslass
Gliscor

There's not really a theme here other than Pokemon I rarely use/haven't used at all (Wyrdeer) but I think it's a fairly solid team.

I tried to plan out a themed team earlier, but found out a lot of the Pokemon I wanted to use would be far too late in the game. So here's a [mostly] Psychic/Ghost-themed team, planned according to when I would find them:

Menu_LA_157H.png
Menu_LA_405_f.png
Menu_LA_899.png
Menu_LA_282.png
Menu_LA_902.png
Menu_LA_571H.png

H-Typhlosion | Luxray | Wyrdeer | Gardevoir | Basculegion | H-Zoroark​

Luxray kind of snuck in there because Shinx/Luxio have been so useful in the early game that I became attached to mine and decided to give her a spot on the team. I planned on using one in my first ever Platinum playthrough, but oh well.

Also, I don't care how late Hisuian Zoroark is. I WILL add it to my team, because it is one of my new favorite Pokemon.

Last edited:
My team ended up being:

Typhlosion (Quilliam)
Empoleon (King Waddle)
Torterra (T-Dubble)
Sneasler (Snoozers)
Braviary (Brainbird)
Zoroark (Bitters)

Since a lot of these were added late, honorable mentions to my Magnezone, Octillery, Rhydon, and Staraptor

A bit late, but my team for the end wound up being:
H Samurott (Otto)
Carnivine (Viney [pronounced Vinny])
Hippowdon (Gloria)
Rapidash (Firemane)
Staraptor (Talon)
Luxray (Sparkz)

I was going to use H Voltorb and H Growlithe, but I could not find them. I thought Growlithe would be found on Firespit Island, but apparently not.

I’m honestly not really sure what my main teams will be. Not only do several Pokémon I’m interested in using not come until rather late in the game but the very nature of the game expects you to capture a lot. It doesn’t help that I often get attached to longstanding team members and end up alternating between ~8 Pokémon

My planned teams so far (I want to do playthroughs with each starter) are:

-Samurott
-Hisuian Arcanine
-Hisuian Braviary

-Typhlosion
-Piplup/Empoleon
-Luxray/Hisuian Voltorb
-Hisuian Braviary (although this might change)

-Rowlet/Decidueye
-Buizel/Basculegion

Pokémon I want to use but haven’t fully decided on are Ponyta (particularly the Shiny one, Hisuian Goodra, Hisuian Zorua/Zoroark, Ursaluna, Hisuian Sneasel, Alolan Ninetails, Mismagius, Gible/Gabite/Garchomp, the Eevees, Froslass, Raichu, Glameow, Spheal, and Chatot

Last edited:
I’m honestly not really sure what my main teams will be. Not only do several Pokémon I’m interested in using not come until rather late in the game but the very nature of the game expects you to capture a lot. It doesn’t help that I often get attached to longstanding team members and end up alternating between ~8 Pokémon

My planned teams so far (I want to do playthroughs with each starter) are:

-Samurott
-Hisuian Arcanine
-Hisuian Braviary

-Typhlosion
-Piplup/Empoleon
-Luxray/Hisuian Voltorb
-Hisuian Braviary (although this might change)

-Rowlet/Decidueye
-Buizel/Basculegion

Pokémon I want to use but haven’t fully decided on are Ponyta (particularly the Shiny one, Hisuian Goodra, Hisuian Zorua/Zoroark, Ursaluna, Hisuian Sneasel, Mismagius, Gible/Gabite/Garchomp, the Eevees, Froslass, Raichu, Glameow, Spheal, and Chatot
What is with all the ISPOILERs?

What is with all the ISPOILERs?
I didn’t know if the spoiler ban was lifted yet. I swear there was an announcement saying the new/unrevealed stuff in Legends Arceus should be kept in spoilers + appropriate sections until a certain date (I think it was February 15th but not sure if I’ remembering right). So I used spoiler tags just to be safe

My current team is:
Hisuian Typhlosion
Hisuian Growlithe (will evolve when it reaches lvl.50)
Umbreon
Espeon
Hisuian Zorua (soon to Zoroark)
Riolu (soon to Lucario)

I think this is going to be my final decision, so certainly different than what I was thinking of using before. I did catch a shiny Spheal and was thinking of using it, along with Piplup and Hisuian Sneasel, and I got to the point of evolving them, but after coming across Riolu and Hisuian Zorua in the final area I had to catch them. Haven't beaten the game yet, so it's still liable to change, but I think I'm finally set with my team.

I was going to use H Voltorb and H Growlithe, but I could not find them. I thought Growlithe would be found on Firespit Island, but apparently not.
I found Voltorb around the Sacred Plaza area of Coronet Highlands; Growlithe is mostly found on Windbreak Stand in the Cobalt Coastlands, it can also spawn at Veilstone Cape though not often.

While I have a full party, Typholsion, H Goodra, Luxray, and H Lilligant are the ones with permanent spots. The remaining two are for Piplup and Rufflet; I just arrived in the coastlands so I think I get at least one here... That aside, I both like and dislike that I have play through the game to get my final team; it definitely gives me something to look forward to, which I like!

These H forms and new Pokémon are really growing on me. I hope we get some official art soon.

While I have a full party, Typholsion, H Goodra, Luxray, and H Lilligant are the ones with permanent spots. The remaining two are for Piplup and Rufflet; I just arrived in the coastlands so I think I get at least one here... That aside, I both like and dislike that I have play through the game to get my final team; it definitely gives me something to look forward to, which I like!

These H forms and new Pokémon are really growing on me. I hope we get some official art soon.
Piplup is at the coastlands, I can confirm. Rowlet is sadly post game.

Hisuian Decidueye 2.png
Rapidash 2.png
Walrein 2.png
Gardevoir 2.png
Hisuian Goodra 2.png
Gliscor 2.png

I thought since the official art was released for the Hisuian Starters (and apparently all the new Pokemon) I'd remake the team I have planned, but with their official artwork this time! (Sorry if they're a little big.)

Edit: I resized the images, hopefully that's a little better. (Based on the game's Pokedex, I think this will be my final team that I use, but I may end up using others depending on how long it takes to build this team.)

(BTW, thanks pokemoll, I used the size of the images you had for your team as an example/base for mine. :))

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom