• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Pokemon are you planning on using in Pokemon Legends: Arceus?

Phosphene

Formerly SpinyShell
Reaction score
Thought I'd make a thread inspired by the one in the BDSP section. While I know it's super early--we don't even know how the party system will work--I'm curious to see what team's people are planning, if they're planning at all.

I have to see more on what kind of Pokemon will be in the game. Will there be more than just traditional Sinnoh Dex Pokemon? Considering that the starters are from foreign regions and we see Spheal in one of the paintings in the trailer, I have to think so, and two games of the same pool of Pokemon would get quite tiring and hard to make two distinct teams, so I suspect we'll be seeing more than just the same old Sinnoh Pokemon.

I do know that out of the starters I'm choosing Cyndaquil. I don't like Rowlet and Oshawott much and I have a soft spot for Cyndaquil because it was the starter I chose in Silver, my first ever Pokemon game. But other than that, I have no idea.

Too soon to tell, out of the starters shown, I have no clue, I like all three, but I'll probably save Oshawott for a Unova remake since I always go Water starters in the usual main series games, not saying this isn't one, but it's clearly not the usual formula, it takes place in the past Sinnoh so I'll approach this one differently, Cyndaquil would be nice to use since we should presumably get Johto remakes within the next few years where I'll be using Totodile, so I think using Cyndaquil would be quite refreshing.

I'll use Cyndaquill for sur, the rest I don't know yet it's too soon. But have you seen the new model of Cyndaquill ? It's closer to the sprites.

For my team (will we even be having teams?), no idea yet. We have no idea if we'll see more than just the Sinnoh dex yet, so I'll wait until we have more of an idea for any sort of team building. It's very likely I'll be using Shinx though.

As for my starter, I'm choosing Cyndaquil. I love all 3 options, but I have to go with the little fire friend. My first Pokemon games were Pokemon Crystal, where I chose Cyndaquil as my starter, and this is the first time we'll be experiencing an open-world Pokemon game. I want to go on my first journey through this vast world with the first Pokemon I ever picked. The plan is to headcanon that my Legends character's Typhlosion is going to either be a direct ancestor of Piper (my Typhlosion from Crystal), or Piper is a reincarnate of that Typhlosion. I might even get around to writing some actual fanfiction with this idea too.

Oshawott. Samurott is my top favorite final evolution starter and I always pick the water starters.

Can I also note that I'm so excited that GF managed to pick three different starters from different regions and none of them ended up being Kanto starters? Thank goodness. *claps for GF*

I'm not even sure I'll use the starter right now as the options are some of my least favorites. Rowlet's one of my fav designs but I've had meh experiences using it while Oshawott is just okay. Might pick Cyndaquil and box it or give it a shot. I always pick Chikorita in my Johto games so I've never really used it before. Other than that it depends on what's available and what I've already used in BDSP.

Has anyone compiled a list of the Pokemon they've shown so far? Might help give us some team ideas so far. I think it's safe to say the game will have most, if not all, Sinnoh Pokemon, but there are some others in addition, like the other region starters we can choose from.

Has anyone compiled a list of the Pokemon they've shown so far? Might help give us some team ideas so far. I think it's safe to say the game will have most, if not all, Sinnoh Pokemon, but there are some others in addition, like the other region starters we can choose from.
We saw
Shinx
Bidoof
Chimchar
Piplup
Spheal
Staraptor?
Garchomp
Gallade

Those are the ones I remember from the trailer.

Let me give it a shot
Rowlet
Oshawott
Cyndaquil
Spheal/Sealeo
Piplup
Gallade (Meaning Ralts is also most likely in)
Garchomp
Bidoof
Ryhorn
Chingling
Bronzor
Starly
Chimchar
Turtwig
Riolu
Budew
Pikachu (Obviously its in)
And Arceus.

I personally also expect the Swinub line (I mean, its ancient Japan and Mamoswine is a mammoth).

I don't have a clue! And that's really exciting! I'll almost certainly play multiple times, too, so I'm likely to end up using all three Starters at one time or another. I suppose the one I'll pick for my first run would be... hmm... leaning toward Oshawott because I like how its samurai theme matches the setting, but Cyndaquil could be fun too. (I'm also a big Rowlet fan, but I've played SM/USUM so many times now and have plenty of experience with Rowlet, so it can go on the bench for a while.)

No clue, to be honest. Outside of the few shown, we don't know enough about the games' rosters to determine much. From what we've seen, however, the fact that these games WON'T be a cut-and-paste dex from the DP remakes does mean that we'll probably have fairly good options to work with. Though like some previous posters said I am SO glad that they didn't "choose" a Kanto starter for one of your Starter options. They've shoved those guys down our throats enough by now and for once GF isn't glorifying them is a huge breath of fresh air. Though the Starter choices are meh to begin with. But given the fact that Chimchar is in the games (and probably catchable), my starter will probably end up being Rowlet, as, out of the three choices, it's the one that I like the best, though if Turtwig is also catchable, then that might complicate things. We shall see. At least this game looks promising, though I'll be cautiously optimistic about it, as open-world games are starting to oversaturate the game industry, thus I feel they're getting a bit too overrated.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom