• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Pokemon are you planning on using in Pokemon Legends: Arceus?

For the starter it's a really tough choice between Cyndaquil and Oshawott since I really like both and their evos.

For the others not sure since it's too early for me to fully plan out, but I'm thinking maybe Piplup, Riolu, and Spheal as possible candidates.

I will say this. One thing I'm NOT looking forward to in these games is manually aiming the Poke Ball in order to catch the Mon you want. That gives me Gen 1 PTSD flashbacks of how the ball could "miss" if it wasn't strong enough. It was bad enough back then, and now we'll have to manually aim our throws is almost terrifying to me, as I've got terrible aim, especially without a targeting marker to at least let me know I'm somewhat aligned to hit the mark. If the prehistorical Poke Balls have some loose homing ability then that'll mitigate my worry to a degree, but if we have to effectively gauge everything about our throw then that's gonna be the bane of any playthrough I have. It's one of the reason I hate GO so much (among other reasons). Hopefully more information will be revealed, like if the balls have a loose homing ability or the throw will automatically adjust itself to the distance/angle of the target. If that's part of the mechanics then I can live with that.

i think it might be fun to actually not plan out my team for once. i've already got my sinnoh team planned out (which i'll use for the remakes) but since this is so unexpected and i dont have anything planned, winging it seems fun

If the Pokémon in PLA are the same present in the original DPPt games, I’d surely go for
Cyndaquil, because I like like quite a bit, I love Fire-type mons and the choices in DPPt were...not good. Although there’s Chimchar that can be caught.

I’d definitely have Luxray and Garchomp in my squad. Staraptor or Togekiss for my Flying type, and I’d likely go for Empoleon too.

I'll start with Cyndaquill and have an Empoleon since I have used it only once. Also both Sinnoh eeveelutions too. Rest I am not too sure of.

Oshawott will be my chosen starter as his line is awesome (and I will cut off the heads of those that disagree, LOL). Other choices will be the Staraptor line as I enjoyed the line's great power in the original Diamond and Pearl series, and Luxray will be added as well. So far those will be my choices I will go with.

Cyndaquil will be my starter Pokémon of choice, but other than that, too early to plan anything. I'll definitely have some Dragon Pokémon on my team though, so I'll be looking out for any dragons in this game.

Hmm...this is a hard one. Among the Starters my favourite would be Cyndaquill though I really hope there's somehow the option to get the other two without having to resort to trading.

Assuming not then my Water type would go to Piplup, Lucario for Fighting, Gallade for Psychic, Rhydon for Ground and Staraptor for Flying.

Of course that's all incredibly liable to change once we have a better idea of all the PKMN that are going to be in as well as assuming there's no Regional or possibly other (looking at you Blue Rhyhorn) manner of variants mixed in.

I think that with the game being a prequel, it might be more unlikely to see regional forms, because it wouldn’t explain why they aren’t present in current times.
I wouldn’t mind if they do that, though. If Rowlet wasn’t a starter, I’d say that I’d have liked alternative forms for the starters as well, if they find a decent reason to explain the presence of alternate/regional forms in a prequel, but I don’t think they’d do this for a Gen 7 mon.

I think that with the game being a prequel, it might be more unlikely to see regional forms, because it wouldn’t explain why they aren’t present in current times.
I wouldn’t mind if they do that, though. If Rowlet wasn’t a starter, I’d say that I’d have liked alternative forms for the starters as well, if they find a decent reason to explain the presence of alternate/regional forms in a prequel, but I don’t think they’d do this for a Gen 7 mon.

Actually, i think its more likely to see regional forms, but they have adapted to the forms we know now due to enviromental changes.

Not sure about my starter yet, but that's fine if I don't end up making my final decision until I get the game. For my staple team, I will just be playing by ear and making decisions as I play the game. I can see myself getting a Gallade, though, since it is one of my favorite Gen 4 'mons.

In terms of starters definitely Decidueye! Otherwise it’s all Gliscor baby!!!!!

I think I will use Oshawott first since t have been years since I used it.

For the rest I don't know I need to need a little more about the available Pokemon in this game

My starter in Ultra Sun was Rowlet, so I'm not too inclined to pick it even though it's my fav of the three options. I also picked Oshawott in White back in gen 5.
I've never actually played any Pokemon game with Cyndaquil, but I'm not really feeling it.

I'm kind of tempting to pick Oshawott and running around with a Samurai otter!

I might just have to wait to see what the final dex is going to be before making my final pick.

I feel like a gen 7 starter was somewhat of an odd choice (not considering thematic reasons for a second)....considering we only just left generation 7. Though I guess there are certainly people who don't care about reusing the same pokemon over and over within a short space of time.

For me though it has lowered the appeal of Rowlet a lot since I picked them for Moon.

I think gen 6 could have done with getting some love here....although I guess that would mean we'd have gotten Chespin instead and I'm not sure if they're that popular of a starter.

If we keep out of the equation gen 1 (there would’ve been an uproar even if Bulbasaur was picked), Gen 4 (given the premise of the game), and Gen 8 (the last one), they didn’t have many Gen to pick from, considering they already picked Gen 2 and 5 for the other starters. Chespin isn’t that popular, from what I gathered, expecially due to its evolutions, and the other remaining choice would’ve been Treeko.

Now, in the (in my opinion, low) chance we’d get some alternate evolutions for the starters, I’d have definitely picked Chespin for the starter trio.

On the topic di popularity through, is Oshawott/the Unova starters really popular? Putting aside my personal opinions on them, I thought they weren’t a really popular trio overall.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom