• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Pokemon are you planning on using in Pokemon Legends: Arceus?

I’ve used Staraptor so many times in Sinnoh games, that I was going to omit using it in BDSP, however I feel more inclined to use it in LA because I’m not using it in the remakes.

As far as starters go, I haven’t used a Cyndaquil in forever so I’ll go with that, plus Sinnoh’s shortage of Fire-types makes Cyndaquil a safe bet.

I definitely want a Garchomp and Lucario, I’d love to use an Electivire, Abomasnow, and/or Weavile if possible as well. The Spheal line was shown in the trailer which is interesting since it has never been in a Sinnoh dex, but I still might use it because I do like Hoenn Pokémon as well and it’s a chance to use something a little different.

I'm tempted to use my five Sinnoh mainstays - Torterra, Staraptor, Luxray, Floatzel and Lucario - plus my starter, Typhlosion. I always have trouble deciding who to include in my sixth slot in Sinnoh, and Typhlosion would be a great addition because Fire is the type my Sinnoh team has always been lacking.

Trouble is, I also want to use those five Sinnoh Pokemon in BDSP, and it might be a bit boring to use almost the exact same team twice in a row. I could do something completely different for Legends: Arceus and assemble a team of Pokemon I've never used before, like Empoleon and Garchomp maybe.

I'll also be tempted to use Arceus, if it's catchable, as I like having the game's mascot on my team!

Last edited:
I'm tempted to use my five Sinnoh mainstays - Torterra, Staraptor, Luxray, Floatzel and Lucario - plus my starter, Typhlosion. I always have trouble deciding who to include in my sixth slot in Sinnoh, and Typhlosion would be a great addition because Fire is the type my Sinnoh team has always been lacking.

Trouble is, I also want to use those five Sinnoh Pokemon in BDSP, and it might be a bit boring to use almost the exact same team twice in a row. I could do something completely different for Legends: Arceus and assemble a team of Pokemon I've never used before, like Empoleon and Garchomp maybe.

I'll also be tempted to use Arceus, if it's catchable, as I like having the game's mascot on my team!

Yeah I've realized I'm going to hit the same problem of wanting the use several Sinnoh Pokemon multiple times, namely, Empoleon and Garchomp, besides those two I'm trying to keep the remaining four for BD separate from my remaining four slots for LA. I've overused some Pokemon way too many times in the Sinnoh games, namely Staraptor, so I'm not using it in BD, but since LA is an entirely different setting, I could see myself using it in LA, especially if it can fly me around places.

I'm not entirely sure. It's too soon for me to have my team planned out since we don't know what Pokemon are going to be available in Legends and if they're going to feature other Pokemon from other generations past the fourth one. I have been toying around with some ideas though. Typhlosion will be my starter, but I could also see my team consisting of Lucario, Empoleon, Hippowdon, Roserade and Togekiss. Aside from Hippowdon, I've raised these Pokemon before, but it will still probably feel fresh given that I haven't train them in ages.

A lot of it also depends on how my teams in BD/SP turn out and when these Pokemon could be available in Legends. I generally prefer having my team members as early in the game as possible and I assume that the Sinnoh starters at least aren't going to be saved for near the end of this game when they were featured in the reveal trailer. Much like my BD/SP teams, I'm sure that I'll be using some of my favorite Pokemon alongside a few new Pokemon to try out.

I had a team planned for hypothetical diamond and pearl remakes but since I have no interest in buying BDSP I'm going to use that team in legends instead ( though I'm replacing empoleon with samurott lol)

If Tyhplosion actually gets his flame back and a good movepool I might use it.

Otherwise it's Samurott again and just seeing what else is available.

I've just figured out what my (perhaps not very original) dream team for this game would be...

Typhlosion
Samurott
Decidueye
Lucario
Togekiss
Arceus

I still can't get over the fact that three of my favourite starters have been made the trio in this game! I'll be choosing Cyndaquil, but if there's any way of obtaining the other two later on (even if I have to transfer them from HOME), I'll be adding them to my team for for sure. This actually won't be the first time I've used these three Pokemon together on a team.

Lucario and Togekiss are my two favourite Sinnoh Pokemon. The Togepi line goes hand in hand with the Cyndaquil line for me, because I used both a lot in Silver back in the day.

And Arceus is a Pokemon I've grown particularly fond of lately, even before this game was announced. It's one of my favourite Mythical Pokemon and I'm excited about being able to catch it (assuming it is catchable? I can't imagine that it wouldn't be). I like using the game mascot on my team - I feel that it makes sense from a storytelling perspective. I could change Arceus to a type that compliments the rest of my team.

Last edited:
Out of the three starters available, I've used Rowlet the least (with only one playthrough in ultra-moon) so at the moment I'm leaning in that direction. I adore Oshawott and Cyndaquil but I've used them both quite extensively in the past (with Black and GSC/HGSS).

I also think it would be fun to make a themed-team this time around, maybe based on the historical time period this game takes after once the roster is a little more apparent. I could also look to literature for inspiration as well :unsure:

A lot of possibilities here.

I was planning on using mostly Gen 4 Pokemon in Legends because I like to use Pokemon that were introduced in the region I'm in. But it seems like Hisui is being treated almost like a new region in its own right, so I'd like to build a team using mostly Hisuian forms and evolutions. Hisuian Braviary will definitely be on my team, and maybe Basculegion. I'll probably still use Typhlosion because I like to keep my starter.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on the new Hisuian forms we will be getting. But I will for sure have Typlosion and Leafeon (it's been a while since I've used one and it just matches the theme of the game so elegantly) on my team. Clefairy is my favorite Pokemon so I might use her as well. Hisuian Braviary is a good candidate as well.

I am gonna pick Cyndaquil as my starter (Haven't used that one in a while) in my first playthrough. Then i want to use Basculegion and Wydeer (Which means no Braviary, cuz i don't like doubling up on types if i can avoid it and Basculegion is the only option when choosing Cyndaquil for that reason as well). The rest i don't know about yet, but i am debating to switch from Turtwig to Piplup in BDSP, so i can use Torterra as my grass mon in LA.

I think I might be prone to try to form a team of Hisuian forms and evolutions, although it’d depend on how many there are.

Given that I’d likely not go for the riding Pokémon on my team, (because I doubt they’re going to allow us to use our own Pokémon for that, they’ll most likely going to be a version of the Pokèrides), and that I’ll pick Cyndaquil, none of the own shown might end up on my team. XD

I have a weird habit when choosing my team. My team has to have a similar theme lol.

From what we've seen so far:

-The starter. If there's no new form it'd be Rowlet, but might be different if they evolve into different ones.
-Empoleon is my candidate for water-type. Basculegion is cool, but I don't like having an overlapping type in my team.
-Now if they bring Torchic here (which is not very probable) I'd have the trio avian starter, but H. Growlithe'e evo will be the top candidate here assuming it'll still retain it's fire typing.
-I've always liked Braviary's design, but hesitant to use it because of it's normal typing (I don't like normal-type). So the psychic/flying H. Braviary is almost guaranteed a spot on my team.
-I also like Mammoswine and haven't used it in a while, so it might be on my team.

For the starter I'm thinking either Oshawott or Cyndaquil. I prefer Oshawott but there might be too much overlap with other Pokemon I'm interested in. Cyndaquil is a starter I haven't used since a second or third playthrough of Pokemon Gold, so it's pretty far back. Rowlet is too recent, so even though I like Decidueye I'm not considering it.

There's an outside chance I might just pick up a Piplup and ditch my original starter though....

Right now outside of the starters I'm thinking about Basculegion, Spiritomb, Bronzong, Mamoswine, Mismagius, Skuntank, Gastrodon, Wyrdeer, Arcanine, Chatot (As you can see, there's a lot of competition for the Ghost type slot)

It seems like it could be a good chance to try out some Sinnoh Pokemon I've never used before.

While I haven't thought much about my team, after seeing the Presents it's almost certain that Hisuian Growlithe is going to be one my team during my first playthrough. Hisuian Braviary may also be a part of my team, but I'm not as certain that I'll get one the first playthrough. Other maybes include Clefable, Abomasnow, and Rhydon.

I haven't quite nailed down my team yet, but tentatively I'm thinking Typhlosion, Basculegion, Hisuian Braviary, Electivire, Lucario, and Garchomp. I might change this up as new Hisuian variants/evolutions or Pokemon not in the original Sinnoh Dex are revealed.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom