• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Pokemon do you hate and why?

'Hate' is, as others have said, a very strong word - my most disliked Pokémon is definitely Lucario, and has been for years. I've always really enjoyed Pokémon as credible wild animals that are, first and foremost, creatures living in their own natural environments. Many of them are 'ugly', squat, unusual and generally not designed to be aesthetically pleasing, which makes it all the more rewarding to make a connection and bring them onto your team. They're not designed to be user-friendly, if you see what I mean.

Lucario, for me, is the Homer's car of Pokémon:

1632567071121.png

It's what happens when you lack focus and attempt to create something that is directly and crudely crowd-pleasing in every respect. Lucario felt like it was designed by a committee to appeal to teenage boys to the Nth degree - it's not enough that's it's an anthropomorphic Fighting dog, it has to be a Steel anthropomorphic Fighting dog. It's not enough that it punches things, it has to detect and manipulate aura. It's not enough that it's a upright canid, it needs spikes coming out of its paws. It feels like a species that was manufactured, as opposed to a natural inhabitant of the world.

See also: Garchomp. It's not just a hammerhead shark Dragon - it's a Ground-type hammerhead shark Dragon that flies like a jetplane.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom