• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Pokemon do you hate and why?

Anime Psyclone

Moved to PokeCommunity
Reaction score
Simple question. Everyone has at least one Pokemon that they hate, here you can say why you dislike it so much.

Diggersby: A very disappointing and ugly evolution for Bunnelby, which I thought had way more potential.
Masquerain: I don't actually hate it, but it was very disappointing that the first Bug/Water type, which I loved, evolved into another generic Bug/Flying butterfly thing for no good reason.
Jynx: It's just really weird and gross and humanoid and bad. Blegh.
Mr. Mime: Same reasons as Jynx
Azurill: It's just weird and pointless. Why give baby pre-evos to Pokemon like Marill that already look young/basic? Same goes for Cleffa and Igglybuff.
Chingling: It's so dumb. Same reasons as Azurill.
Swalot: It's basically an overall worse version of Muk.
Huntail and Gorebyss: Interesting designs, bad execution. Pure, weak water types when they should've had Dark and Psychic, respectively. And Clamperl is really weird. Why do they even evolve from it??
Golduck: Should've been Water/Psychic. Just sayin.
Lickilicky: Just stop this stupid monster.
Probopass: Same. Just pointless and meh.
Phione: Why? It's just a much weaker version of Manaphy that doesn't even evolve into Manaphy.

Like half of Gen V Pokemon. At times, it almost felt like they were trying to redo Gen I.
Roggenrola--a 3 stage Rock type that evolves by trading (Geodude).
Timburr--3 stage Fighting that evolves by trade (Machop).
Throh/Sawk--a pair of humanoid fighters (Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan).
Bouffalant--Tauros.
Klink--a gear that adds gears when it evolves (sounds a lot like Magneton, except gears instead of magnets).
Amoongus--Basically a plant-version mirror of Voltorb/Electrode so they could have overworld Pokeball encoutners.
While more original than the others, Woobat was basically an obvious Zubat replacement for BW.
Same for Trubbish vs. Grimer/Koffing.

Lilligant: it just feels like yet another anthropomorphic grass lady (Bellossom, Roselia/Roserade, Tsareena) - but she's the worst one. I happen to like Roserade a lot though. Tsareena is pretty good too, though I thought she should've been Fighting.
Lurantis: Same reasons as Lilligant.
Golisopod: Amazing Pokemon completely ruined by its ability.

Diancie: It should've just been a Carbink evolution instead of a mythical imo.
Gumshoos: Trump.

Last edited:
Kabuto and Kabutops are my least fav Pokemon all because of one site(not gonna name it.) An admin there had an “armblades team” and Kabutops was the only one of them I didn’t feel strongly for. Plus they barely look like water types, they look more like Ground/rock then Water/rock.

Gothitelle: Already expressed my thoughts on this monster in another thread. I'd rather play against a Baton Pass chain with a SwagPlay Klefki than Gothstall.
Dugtrio: A slightly less annoying Gothitelle, but still dumb to play against.
Toxapex: What does this even add to the game? It just soaks hits and heals itself off with Regenerator, allowing you to get away with extremely reckless plays.
Chansey: This thing just never dies.
Celesteela: Not as annoying as Pex or Chansey, but Leech Seed + Protect is dumb.
Klefki: King of hax. Thank Arceus it got nerfed.
Stunfisk: Terrible stats, worse design.
Corsola: It's bland and has no use. Waste of a Pokédex number.
Luvdisc: Hating this is kind of passe, but still pretty awful.
Beautifly: Not only horrible in battle and a total ripoff of Butterfree, but its name also lies.
Watchog: In this day and age, just no more room for this rehashed garbage. Its creepy eyes do not help its case.

Probably a few more, but those are the major ones.

There's only two Pokémon I actually hate outright.

Quagsire: Because most of my Grass type picks are physical attackers, this piece of shit gave me lots of grief with Scald burns and Recover. Doesn't help that Unaware is my least favourite ability either.

Porygon2: I really like its glitchy evolution, but fuck this thing for ruining my PMD EOS Destiny Tower run at floor eighty-freaking-four. That's the sole reason. You seriously have no idea how badly it pissed me off.

Err...
  • Kangaskhan. Why is it even a Pokémon? I MUCH prefer Rhydon.
  • Seaking. It's a shame such an ugly Pokémon evolves from an apparently pretty one.
  • Venomoth: Not even a Flying type, yet it clearly has wings? Parasect for me, please.
  • Wormadam: Three forms, but they aren't switchable. What's the point in that if Burmy can switch between forms?

Charizard: A dragon that can fly and breathe fire, how original, not to mention overrated.

Snorlax: I used one in a FireRed playthrough and it often left the opponent standing with a sliver of HP. Really with triple digit attack and super effective moves, this shouldn't be happening.

Metagross: Broken type combo. I'm relieved that steel types were nerfed in Gen 6.

Baby Pokemon : Why do they even exist?

Volbeat and Illumise. They look so weird and out of place design-wise to me. I think it's their eyes.

"Hate" is too strong of a word for me to use on most Pokemon, but there are plenty of entries on my "do not want" list, for a variety of reasons.

- Charizard (Mega X form): I don't mind the typing or the stat spread, but I just really don't like the design. I'm also upset about the clear X favoritism in most other-media appearances (Pokken can keep Mega X, but Smash 4 really should have used Mega Y instead.).

- Miltank. I got two words for this cow, and you can probably guess which ones:
ROLLOUT.
and
ROLLOUT.
But seriously, I don't mind the design (it is a cartoon cow), it's just that one signature move....

- Manectric (Mega form). This design removes pretty much everything I liked about Manectric's base design.

- Lickilicky. Very few Gen 4 evos to previous-Gen species impressed me ... and this is NOT one of them.

- Braixen. Okay, so the base design is kind of cute, but the shift from a four-legged Fennekin to wand-waving two-legged Braixen is pretty jarring.

Lickilicky - Whoever designed this disgusting blob needs to have their art tools confiscated.
Basculin - It's powerful enough to do real damage to your pokémon but it's not powerful enough to use competitively.
Phione - It's a gimmick pure and simple. I mean, why else would they have a pokémon available only through breeding a Legendary?

here's what the bottom of my hate list looks like, roughly

Mudsdale: I really like generation VII's pokemon overall. Excluding alolan forms, mudsdale is the only pokemon from alola I actually dislike

Purugly: I get that purugly's whole thing is to be ugly, but...it's just ugly. That's it. There's nothing else to the design other than a basic, ugly cat. Eww.

Pikachu: it looks dumb and there's way too much merch of it, stupid overrated rat

The elemental monkies: look ridiculous, waste of a space in bianca's party, cheren's party, and hugh's party...and a waste of space in general. I admit I do very slightly like simisear, cuz I find it a tad amusing, but I wouldn't bat an eye if it was erased from existence alongside its disgusting siblings.

Haxorus: couldn't exactly tell you why. I don't think it looks that bad, but for some reason I want to punch it in its stupid face. Hmm...

Lanturn: boring, cutely anglerfish. I have no problem with cutesy pokemon, when they actually have interesting things about them outside of being cute. Especially on a pokemon based on an anglerfish, which are some of the strangest creatures in nature. Lanturn has nothing interesting or unique about its design, other than the fact that it's vaguely shaped like a dolphin for no reason. Chinchou is perfect, being cute while also maintaining a lot of personality and uniqueness.

Alolan Dugtrio: stupid looking pokemon. I was even kind of excited when I heard the rumors about alolan dugtrio, but it turned out to just be a bad joke. Regular dugtrio is fine, though, even if it's a bit dull.

Alolan Persian: read above. Although I hate regular persian almost as much for being ridiculously generic, and just dumb looking in general...

Dragonite: a similar case to lanturn, as well as well as another pseudo legendary below it in this list. Boring, dumb looking barney dragon. What a disappointment. Dragonair is so pretty.

Electrike: what an ugly little dog....what did they do it its head? Still dumb when it evolves, but slightly less so

Gothita: the first pokemon in its evolutionary line, it's a hideous looking baby-thing that I wish didn't exist. Gothitelle is more tolerable, but still overall bad. It's a shame, because Gothorita, the middle stage in that line, is actually very pretty looking. I like gothorita.

Giratina-A: looks like some obese centipede dragon. Actually, its relatives palkia and dialga are similarly ugly. Giratina-o is the only member of the group that manages to look acceptable

Garchimp: dumb mess of a design, overrated, annoying to fight, waste of a shark dragon which in itself is a very good concept

Gengar: both forms look like shit, it's like the most popular ghost-type even though it's the least cool one by far. Every other ghost has something interesting about it, except gengar.

Charizard:
looks like trash, tho its megas both look acceptable

Zekrom: overdesigned mess of a dragon, kyurem-black is even worse

Houndoom: my ex least favorite pokemon. I still hate it, but it was only the #1 most hated for years cuz I associated it with a guy who I hated. But recently, we've made up, and since my anger towards that boy no longer exists I have to say I hate houndoom slightly less than I used to.

Goodra: I hate this damn thing so much for ruining sliggoo and goomy. Went from unique and delightfully quirky to what's basically dragonite covered in certain fluids.

Florges: similar to goodra above it, as floette is fairly cool. Though, I wouldn't call florges boring. Florges isn't boring, it's just extremely ugly. Eugh...

Klinklang: I'm quick to defend some of generation V's pokemon, many of which get more hate than they deserve, but I can't defend this abomination. They didn't even try. It's just gears. That's it. No personality, no cool quirk, just a stupid looking mess.

Dedenne: they took raichu, made it an ugly overweight little rat, made it a fairy type for no reason, and topped it off by making it as useless as possible competitively. All the other pikaclones besides plusle, minun, and maybe pachirusu have more going for them than this thing. It doesn't even get dazzling gleam. I hate most of the pikas in general, but dedenne is the worst.

Lucario: it looks like an edgy teenage boy's really bad sonic the hedgehog OC. It's also overrated as all hell and I've never seen the appeal in its design. It's just a jackel and that's supposed to be the entire appeal I guess, spikes everywhere for no reason just to make it look even more unappealing. The icing on the cake of this one for me is the fact that it's the favorite pokemon of the dude I've liked obsessively for the last like eight years. The sexist dude who treated me like shit, and who I had to end up cutting off. I loathe that man and I loathe lucario even more by association.

also, I really shouldn't have read the other posts in this thread
too many people hating on awesome pokemon :c

Last edited:
Lucario [...] It's just a jackal and that's supposed to be the entire appeal I guess

Oh, there are plenty more Pokemon where you look at it and think "what? it's just a cat/dog/bird/fish/hellspawn with no style". Now as for that Pokemon specifically, I wouldn't call it my favorite but I do like the design, mainly because I hated so many of its type prior to that generation, and would only put one on my team if my save file absolutely depended on it.

at least with those pokemon I don't have the urge to throw up upon looking at the screen. I just really don't like it. If there's anyfin I could think of that's redeeming about it, it's the fact that its aura properties are somewhat interesting...but that doesn't do much for me.

Bidoof. I freaking hate it. It used to not bother me, but then the little snot decided to break ever Poke Radar chain I was working on, so I went from indifferent to pure hatred.

It also doesn't help that the only thing it's useful for is being a freaking HM slave. I'd extinct the species if I could.

Oh and I detest Lumineon but that's due to the cheating Battle Maison.

Off the top of my head, I really hate:

Jynx- Whenever I hear or read about the whole Electabuzz/Magmar/Jynx "trio" thing, I get angry, especially since I adore Electabuzz and I hate to see it be seen as a counterpart to that thing. I am glad the former two got evolutions so the "trio" is offically broken. She's also way too humanoid for my liking. There's being imaginative with bidepal Pokemon, and then there's Jynx. I also cannot stand her cry. It hurts my ears and lasts a little too long. Funnily enough, Mr. Mime doesn't bother me too much. With that said, I see Jynx and Mr. Mime being more counterparts to each other. Both are freakishly humanoid to almost being human and go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Rhyperior- Holy hell, screw this thing. Rhydon was an excellent Pokemon and Rhyperior just had to come along with his George Washington-looking head and ruin things. Rhyperior is probably the better of the bunch I listed here, but not by much. He still sucks.

Lickilicky- Wow. I forget this thing even existed until I saw it recently in some other Pokemon website. The design is awful and really creepy, like he's staring at me with those beedy eyes and wants nothing more than to lick me. *shudders*

Elemental monkeys- These Pokemon are the pits! They eat up experience points like a large car that takes a large amount of gasoline to run and requires refills every 5 miles. They're also not very strong. They take forever to level up with that horrible combination. I also need to mention that they're ugly and I hated my Simisear the first time I got him.

Slurpuff- I hate its face. I hate that its useless. I hate the fact that the male character got a Pangoro hat while the female character got a dress of Slurpuff. Yeah, I'm that petty.

All the Ultra Beasts- UGLY, with the exception of Pheromosa (who still doesn't look like a Pokemon to me). When I see them, I don't immediately think "Pokemon," I think "good god, these guys are ugly." I'll give them credit and say they are excellent in-game and in competitive play, but I would never use them. They're so gross looking. I know not all Pokemon have to be modeled after an animal and variety is the spice of life, but these guys are just way too details and sickening. Out of all of them, Guzzlord is the worst.

Oh yeah. One more Pokemon that I hate because of Pokemon Go this time.

The legendary Birds are cool for me, but they were impossible to catch. Moltres was my least favorite of the birds and the memories of trying to even get it (and team valor) outweigh the benefits. It’s also the laziest of the 3, the worst typing of the 3, the weirdest looking of the 3, and the most contradicting moves of the 3. Sunny day and Hurricane? Why?

Basculin.

Just ... Basculin. (It's not just Basculin, but I have so much negativity for this one mon that my dislike for any others gets eclipsed.)

It's so ... boring to me? It just feels pointless. Like filler. And it's two pokemon. Two different colours of Basculin.

lmao I'm sorry, that's over-dramatic I know. I just don't get it. Trying to figure out why I don't feel such intense dislike towards Finneon, Lumineon or Seaking, which are arguably as forgettable.

There used to be quite a lot of pokemon I didn't like at first, but I mostly changed my mind after using them in game; using pokemon I've never used before makes the game a lot more interesting.
However, there is one I could never, EVER, use. Garbodor. A literal pile of garbage. And while some think it's actually an interesting design, it just makes me sick. I despise that thing.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom