• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Pokemon do you hate and why?

Basculin.

Just ... Basculin. (It's not just Basculin, but I have so much negativity for this one mon that my dislike for any others gets eclipsed.)

It's so ... boring to me? It just feels pointless. Like filler. And it's two pokemon. Two different colours of Basculin.

lmao I'm sorry, that's over-dramatic I know. I just don't get it. Trying to figure out why I don't feel such intense dislike towards Finneon, Lumineon or Seaking, which are arguably as forgettable.

Amin to this.
The same thing could be said about Octillery. Octipi are such interesting and unique creatures and yet the Pokemon that they based on them is very bland.

Anything intentionally designed to be grotesquely ugly such as Diggersby, Trubbish line, Stunfisk, and Binacle line.

And Pokemon that are hideous evolutions of much more appealing pre-evolved forms like the aforementioned mutant rabbit, Popplio's evolutions, Incineroar, Tepig's evolutions, Noivern, etc.

I don't often find myself hating a lot of Pokemon. There are quite a few I could do without, even some of them, being mentioned, but very few I outright hate.

Well, except for Scyther, who deserves to go rot in jail for all it's done to me. There I am, a tiny 6 year old, or whatever age I was, just watching Pokemon on the T.V. watching my favorite Pokemon trainers, when we come to the orange islands. Oh look here's this new guy name Tracey, who also has a Pokemon that literally came out of my nightmares. Scyther looked downright evil to me as a kid, and would often give me nightmares. I wasn't big on bug Pokemon to begin with then, but sheesh.
But oh, it gets worse. Now many years have passed since then. In fact, about 10 had passed after I had first met Scyther. I was 17, and doing a Wedlocke of Pokemon Soulsilver. My first Nuzlocke challenge ever, and things were going we;l. I honestly wondered if I would ever loose Pokemon. And then Bugsy came along with his green, gross, not able to fly, bug that would terrorize my sleeping patterns as a kid. He straight up murdered practically my whole team with that thing. I ended up stopping the nuzlocke right there, after looseing everyone but my Bayleef.
Finally, I used to date a guy who saw my dislike for Scyther, so he decided to breed a competitive one, who he would use against me when we battled, a lot. Needless to say I rarely won against that thing.

I have more I dislike, but not enough to warrant a rant. If I find one that is that bad though, I'll be back.

There's only two Pokémon I actually hate outright.

Quagsire: Because most of my Grass type picks are physical attackers, this piece of shit gave me lots of grief with Scald burns and Recover. Doesn't help that Unaware is my least favourite ability either.

Porygon2: I really like its glitchy evolution, but fuck this thing for ruining my PMD EOS Destiny Tower run at floor eighty-freaking-four. That's the sole reason. You seriously have no idea how badly it pissed me off.
No changes here, I still hate these two more than any of the 802 current species and for the same reasons.

Want some runners up? Talonflame, similarly to Quagsire but overall more manageable thanks to a few countermeasures I packed to scare it off (Choice Scarf Magneton was one, Talonflame could either strike with doubly resisted Brave Bird or get outsped and zapped). Then there's Charizard and Greninja for all the utterly unbearable attention they got in the anime's XYZ arc.
It really is a shame in Greninja's case, I rather liked it originally.

Not a Pokemon, but a type combination of Psychic/Fairy.
They cover each other's weaknesses and leaving them only weak to Steel.
Even covered, it's still weak to Poison since Psychic doesn't resist that, making them prey for a faster Poison type like Crobat. I'd say Bug/Steel and Ghost/Dark are worse with this.

Even covered, it's still weak to Poison since Psychic doesn't resist that, making them prey for a faster Poison type like Crobat. I'd say Bug/Steel and Ghost/Dark are worse with this.

Bug/Steel may have only one weakness, but at least its double.

Ghost/Dark

That reminds me, I need to find a counterpart to Cynthia's Spiritomb in my next Platinum run.

upload_2017-9-17_20-7-34.png

I think everyone hates this fucker for the same reasons I do.

Golisopod
don't talk to me or my son ever again

Bug/Steel may have only one weakness, but at least its double.

For what it's worth, poison/dark has only a single weakness to ground. Everyone seems to forget about that one.

I can't think of any Pokemon that I outright hate, because if a Pokemon really is that annoying, I end up either using it or reevaluating my own team because obviously I've done something wrong here. That said, I kind of want to slap whoever designed Salazzle. First of all, stop with the gender-specific evolutions. You're just wasting everyone's time making them search for a female Salandit, which only has a 12.5% chance to appear. And Salazzle had so much promise before the games actually released. A Pokemon that could poison fat poison- and steel-types had me and many others eagerly anticipating a new metagame that would be flipped on its head...and then I actually got a chance to use her. I can't adequately express my disappointment with her without going into a 5-paragraph rant about how let down I actually was by her performance.

I hate most, if not all pikaclones.

Come on, shake it up a bit instead of retreading the same "electric rodent" thing!

Not to mention, they're not really useful in battle.

Diggersby - I can't understand what the designers were thinking when they designed this piece of fucking garbage. Why does it look like that? What were you thinking?

Miltank - What was said for Diggersby could be said for Miltank. But something that makes this much more hated for me is that demon Miltank Whitney has. Fuck Rollout. Fuck Whitney. Fuck Miltank.

Bruxish - When I think of a Pokemon I would want, I want something that I could bond with and something that can be a friend for me. Bruxish is not that at all.

Greninja/Pikachu/Lucario/Mewtwo - The favoritism is strong for this one.

Charizard - hOHOHOHO I cannot express how much I despise this one. It's like Greninja, Pikachu, Lucario and Mewtwo, but 100 times worse. I can get why Pikachu is favored. It's the mascot. Mewtwo was important for the plot and the first Legendary that was actually a legendary. Lucario I don't really get, but ok. Greninja I also don't really get, but none of these are such bad offenders as Charizard. Oh, there's a cool new gimmick for the generation? Let's give that shit to Charizard. Remember how Ash had one in the anime? We'll never let you forget that! I swear, if the Dragon type wasn't so OP in Gen 1 they would give that type to Charizard just to make it overshadow the other starters even more. Fuck you Charizard. Fuck you.

Charizard
Pikachu
Eevee and most Eeveelutions sans Sylveon and Flareon
Lucario
Dragonite
Goodra
Most Pikaclones (especially Dedenne)
Gengar
Garchomp
Elemental Monkeys
The Gen V Musketeer Legendaries
Cinderace
Machamp
Alakazam
Zeraora

I can sum up many of these fuckers in these categories:

Incredibly sick of their sheer adulation: Charizard, Lucario, Pikachu, Eeveelutions, Gengar, sometimes Dragonite/Goodra.
Inherently irritate me by design: Gengar, Pikachu and Pikaclones, Goodra/Dragonite, Eeveelutions, Charizard, Lucario, Musketeers
I find them ugly: Lucario, Charizard, Goodra, Dragonite, Machamp, Alakazam, Monkeys, Musketeers, Cinderace, Zeraora
Ruins their evolutionary line: Goodra, Dragonite, I guess Gengar.

Let's see here...
- Most of the Middle Evos for the Starters. (Except for Ivysaur. I like Ivysaur.)
Least favorites from all gens:
- Wartortle :
oh no my salad is ruined
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsJeQWZqCpU
(Just stuffed this in just to make another Caesar joke, the guy just reminds me of him, honestly pretty solid, it's just my least favorite)

- Croconaw : Weird design, arguably the most forgettable out of all the ones I'm talking about. Took me like a hot minute trying to remember the name of this damn thing
- Combusken : Rubber Chicken
- Prinplup : Just ugly all-around. Main reason why I never chose the Water Starter in Gen 4
- Pignite :2nd Least favorite starter evo asides from Quilladin. At least Tepig's pretty cute and Emboar is powerful in Comp.
- Quilladin : I've ranted about this guy a few times before. I just don't like it.
- Torracat : no
- Drizzile : A far cry from the adorable thing that was Sobble.

- Spearow: The whole concept behind this pack of assholes is that they're just shittier Pidgeys. The whole Pokedex thing about them being jerks to other Pokemon just makes them unlikable.
- Kabuto/Kabutops: Long live Helix. Destroy the Dome.
- Eevee: Basically a second Pikachu. Just take that beloved mouse and times it's popularity by proper fans tenfold. I swear to GOD, everyone LOVES this damn brown thing. Ever since Game Freak started noticing how much people liked it, it's whole popularity has risen sky high, to the point where it's basically in every game in the franchise. "Hey, kid, ya want a pokeyman? Here's this brown fox thing I found outside, you can have it" It's even leaked out of GF themselves to the point that this thing stars in multiple forms a Pokemon-related literature, including but not limited to: Fanfictions, Roleplays, EVEN STARRING IN IT'S OWN FUCKING CREEPYPASTAS. Not even it's evolutions are safe from this. In short: no

My two least favourites have to be Pikachu (sorry little dude but I honestly feel he is overrated, anime aside) And for some reason... the chimchar evolution line. No idea why to be honest but it has always irked me xD

at the moment my most hated of all Pokemon is.... Durant
ants ruin everything I have saved! no matter how tightly sealed it is, they will find a way - hate Durant for what its based on and how super annoying pests they are!

Greninja because it was all anyone ever talked about for like 2 years when Ash and his Greninja had that special transformation.

Also Decidueye, Sceptile and Infernape look awful to me so I don't think like them because of how they look even if others do.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom