• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Pokemon do you hate and why?

-Dragonite: it's a disappointment that the beautiful Dragonair evolves into an orange barney with wings
-Mewtwo: it's overrated and I've never liked its design
-Claydol: its eyes scares me. Might be my trypophobia
-Magmortar and Lickilicky: I feel these are unneeded evolutions and they are so ugly
-Landorus: because everyone and their mother uses it in competitive
-Barbaracle: it's so ugly! really, really ugly
-Ultra Beasts: I dislike the concept as a whole. I don't like any of them and wouldn't care if they never came back.
-Greedent (or whatever the fat squirrel is called)

Hypno-Pokemon-Red-and-Green-Official-Art.png
this.

words cannot describe enough the unease i feel towards seeing hypno. i suppose hate is kind of a strong word, even though i might have used it in the past referring to hypno. i dont have a burning hatred for it. i just feel massively uncomfortable with its existence. i don't like its creepy theme nor its appearance, and that about sums up the extent of my discomfort with it. it doesn't personally offend me, it just weirds me out. it hypnotizes people and eats their dreams. maybe it's the hypnotism part. that's also probably why i don't like malamar, aside from malamar having kind of a punchable smirky face.

but there you go!

1593909254722.png

I never cared for its design, but what really ruined my impression of Seismitoad was this card right here. While in the standard TCG format, he was the head of some of the most toxic strategies ever allowed. My least favorite Pokemon just for that reason alone

Zubat: Overexposure can kill everything, specially when it can confuse you. Every cave when it doesn't appear instantly becomes better.

Floatzel: It gave me a lot of troubles on Platinum with its high speed and Ice moves, and its design isn't exactly god-tier. Its lack of appearances in recent game have slowly moved it to "neutral" though.

Goodra: All chances of a dragon-mollusk or even a decent follow-up to Goomy and Sligoo are wasted on this gooey Barney. I'm nos against the idea of a friendly defensive pseudo, but was this the best thing they could come up with?

Aromatisse: Very ugly and a very disappointing evolution to Spritzee.

Alolan Golem: Also offensively ugly, Golem has potential for improvement and their best idea was to stick Probopass' beard, Gigalith's rock protusions and Rhyperior' rock-throwing gimmick, it made me lost any hope for regional forms until Galar's were revealed.

There are very few Pokemon I outright hate, though my least favorite is probably female Unfezant. I actually quite like the design and coloration of male Unfezant, but female Unfezant is very bland and very standard when ti comes to bird designs.

The design is bad enough, but their stats are also very disappointing. There is nothing special about their stat distribution, just high attack and speed with not much else being that great. This is very similar to both Swellow and Staraptor before it and Talonflame after it, just to mention the Roue 1 birds. My main issue with the stats is that its movepool seems to focus fairly evenly on both physical and special attacks, but its special attack is so low that it can't really use stuff like Air Slash/Hurricane and Heat Wave even if it wanted to. Making it moreso a special attacker would have at least given it something to make it more unique.

At least Super Luck is a good ability and actually gives it something that separates it competitively from the other bird Pokemon, but Guts Swellow and Reckless Staraptor are as good or better in almost every regard.

Honestly if every Unfezant looked exclusively like the male version I probably wouldn't be so critical of the Pokemon as a whole, but female Unfezant is just so bland or outclassed in almost every aspect that I feel like it's probably my least favorite Pokemon.

None. I've stopped hating certain Pkmn...or at least I can hate but it turns into mere dislike after a while. I don't like 99% of Galar Pkmn but my hate stems from the games themselves and not the Pkmn which are a lesser problem compared to all the rest.
I think that all Pkmn can be loved by someone, even if not me.

Chansey: Lugia (hehehe) GREAT WALL OF UBERS HAHAHAH!!! Chansey puts lugia to shame as the ultimate wall now this is mostly on me but I love using a monotype team of psychic types because I am sort of a genwunner but I don't despise the other gens I like them but if I had the choice to go with gen 1 over gen 8 I would pick it but Chansey just denies all the fun of going on a killstreak with mewtwo because it walls it to death and has thunder wave and soft-boiled HAVE FUN TRYING TO KILL THIS THING Now that is something only psychics fear But wait there's more it gets even tankier than blissey if there is an evoilite *gag*

Mimikyu: sometimes I would forget about it's ability disguise and end up wasting my z-move on it but that just kills a sweep fast because it takes a turn to bust the disguise and when that is settled then you can kill it though you would forget about it and when you least expect it BAM! Z-move wasted or a turn in Dynamax/G-max WASTED

Miltank: What dungeon did this thing came out of *shudders in disgust* no-one likes Miltank except Whitney but she is a psycho everyone knows Whitney's Miltank and I liked the meme where Whitney's miltank gets turned into curry by the Scottish Pokémon trainer she did justice because Whitney's Miltank has one of the most rudest movesets ever and you don't have access to good fighting types so better grab that machop or use game genie

Weepinbell gave me the willies when I was younger thanks to Pokémon Ranger; its googly-eyed, gaping mouthed design and creepy Pokédex entries being the icing on the cake. Battle Revolution also gave me a dislike of Forretress (an otherwise not too notable Pokémon) back then. Its unflattering design doesn't really help its case... it looks like a meteor wearing thick, nerdy glasses.

But even more so than Forretress, I am... in the (likely) minority of people who think Fennekin is ugly. The concept of a fennec fox Pokémon in itself would have been great, but its design could have executed a lot better in my opinion... The odd shape of its eyes and most especially its small, featureless body and paws and rubber hose limbs irk me, and so did its eclipsing popularity compared to Chespin and Froakie back when X and Y were still in development. And... the way its mouth and snout are drawn sometimes is a bit ???:
1624672981271.png

Many Gen 1 designs looked uninteresting compared to later gen ones, and I do even have soft spot for weird-looking Pokémon in Gen V and Gen VII. However...

I really hate Dragonite. Really outclassed by the later-gen Pseudo Legends like Tyranitar and Kommo-O. And to the point that they're only being cared by Gen 1 hardcores while other gens ignored them.
Also, I really hate Unown. They look even uglier than even Xurkitree.

If I want to add variants of one specific Pokémon, I find the new Eevee design in Switch games to be bland and meaningless. Sure, the heart-shaped Eevee tail looks cute, but it doesn't match up Eevee's design language IMO (unlike Pikachu's heart-tail cut which resembles lightning clouds). I still strongly prefer the NDS/3DS-era zig-zagged tail designs when it comes to drawing a female Eevee.

I don't really have the energy to hate any specific Pokemon anymore. Then again, I never really had it to begin with. But especially not nowadays. Not even Charizard, who I had a phase of resentment towards once.

Now I'm reminiscing on the days when "Mary-Sue" was considered a legitimate tool in media analysis and Lucario, (Shiny) Umbreon (and Eevee in general,) and some others were punching bags for people wanting to show how "sophisticated" they were compared to other fans. I never could quite channel hatred towards those Pokemon myself even though people were claiming they were accomplices in the downfall of the sacred art of (fan)fiction.

I'll sound like a broken record by now I'm sure, but Incineroar. Its design looks like it is pulled straight out of some cheesy anthropomorphic animal 80s action cartoon.

Also, all of the ultra beasts aside from Nihilego are abominations IMO.

All Galarian fossil Pokemon - Do I even need to explain why?
Hypno - It is creepy (especially its Dex entries), slow and can't hit hard.
Lickilicky - hideous and has bad stats overall.
Probopass - ugly and has bad typing and bad attacking stats.
Swalot - hideous and has awful stats barring HP.
Blaziken - ugly and overpowered.
Alolan Dugtrio - looks dumb and can't have Arena Trap.
Galarian Stunfisk - ugly (and not in a good way), has a bad Ability and disappointing signature move.
Turtonator - hideous, and why is it a Dragon-type again?
Mr. Rime - ugly and creepy.
Volcanion - ugly, has no backstory, and can't learn Surf nor Waterfall for some reason.
Hoopa - creepy and ugly (both forms), and Magician is just bad.
Purugly - hideous and has bad stats barring Speed.
Regigigas - ugly and has an awful Ability.

Last edited:
Updated my list a bit:

Charizard
Pikachu
Eevee and most Eeveelutions sans Sylveon and Flareon
Lucario
Dragonite
Goodra
Most Pikaclones (especially Dedenne)
Gengar
Garchomp
Salamence
Armaldo
Coalossal
Mewtwo
Arceus
Blaziken
Dialga and Palkia
Elemental Monkeys
The Gen V Musketeers (Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo)
Cinderace
Machamp
Alakazam
Zeraora
Boltund
Toxel
Ash-Greninja
Urshifu (Both of them; they're both ugly as shit)
Luxray
Lanturn

If I had to pick some I’d say Cinderace and Inteleon. I have warmed up to them more due to the anime, but imo they’re still the worst starter pokemon (design wise). Just really think they’re too humanoid looking to the point where it looks unnatural. Being monotype doesn’t help and I don’t find their origins to be all that inspiring compared to other starters at least. I also haven’t played SS so that’s probably another factor for this.

Also Dewpider, not sure why but man I really hated it during its anime episode. It’s bad enough that Lana didn’t even catch it to begin with, but I digress.

Palpitoad is one of the ugliest Pokemon ever. It saddens me that it's basically supposed to be Poliwhirl's Gen 5 equivalent yet looks so gross and unlikeable. And it bothers me even more that Ash caught one in the show 10 years ago.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom