• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What pokemon do you use as HM Slaves?

Bibarel, as mentioned about a million times before, is the most useful, as it can learn Surf as well as the random other HMs. It's the only Pokémon that I've ever actually used as only an HM slave.

Golduck and Skarmory were great in SS, they could learn every HM and flash :D

Now when I have a Dragonite that can fly and surf and my Feraligatr knows Waterfall, I have Sneasel (Whirlpool, False Swipe, Headbutt, Cut) and a Cubone (Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb)

Mew would be the best HM Slave, since it can learn any TM and HM.

On my old Crystal file, I had a Poliwhirl that knew Surf, Whirlpool, AND Waterfall. Even though I also had a Feraligatr with Surf, it's because it can't learn Waterfall. Should've just boxed him.

I usually have Bibarel as a HM slave in DPP, it's very useful as it can learn so many of them. In other games it varies, though in HG I taught Surf and Waterfall to the shiny Gyarados

Everyone's saying Bibarel, and to that point: I have two Bibarels as HM slaves in Platinum.

I tend to use Golduck. He's able to surf, rock climb, rock smash and use strength. After that I just need something that can use cut and fly, but I usually have those moves around on other things.

My best combo was in platinum..
My golduck + tropius covered everything (I taught golduck flash rather than waterfall, because some caves required it and i'm too lazy to keep changing pokes)
I taught waterfall to my gyarados, a core member of my team..

If i'm bothering to cheat i use Mew,if not get one for Cut and Flash and distribute the resat in the team

I used a Golett for all of the non-water HMs. But my Simipour is for Dive, surf, and waterfall

Volcarona for its ability + fly.
Swanna for Surf + Fly

Fortunately in B/W you don't need to use HMs all that much.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom