• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What pokemon do you use as HM Slaves?

I always have the generic HM slave (Zigzagoon, Bibarel, fuck you Patrat for not being a good slave and for gen V, PanWaterthing), then I have a water pokemon in my team for surf, and a flying pokemon for fly.

Bibarel. He was created to be the ultimate HM Slave. If he could fly, he would be the absolutely best Slave.

But since Pokémon only learn 4 Moves and Bibarel can't fly, I use Bibarel and Tropius. Tropius has remained excellent for HM Slavery since 3rd Gen as well. :-D

Replaying Emerald. I have a little 3-Zigzagoon army (in fact, 2 Zigzagoon and a Linoole) having distributed Cut, Strength, Secret Power, Surf and Rock Smash between them. Also, they work as a small Pickup squad providing me of Rare Candies relatively often. Really useful non-battling creatures. Why three, because (I think) that increase the odds of any of them picking up an item, and also they have different levels for different items). Already got 18 Rare Candies thanks to them.

In White, Volcarona is my "nurse" for hatching eggs (Flame Body) and Flying transport. For Surfing I have a Panpour, and Haxorus is my "hunter", using False Swipe to catch Pokémon easier.

On another game (for some reason I got both English and Spanish White) I had a Cubchoo to Surf because none of the Unova water Pokémon convinced me, except by Samurott and Panpour, but I started with Tepig on that game.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom