• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Pokémon ideas would you still like to see in Alola?

An ice/fairy type based on a candy cane.

I can already see all the "inaminate object pokemon suck!" fans moaning xD

yo, this idea is bomb.

• A Tiger/dragon (Toragon?) that starts off as an unruly tiger with scales, and slowly becomes more calm and dragon-like as it evolved.

Dope idea

• Cofagrigus evolution (or Mega) that either makes it a mummy, or gives it more of a humanoid/Tut's death mask theme. You know, have it regain more of its humanity in terms of appearance.

I'd say definitely mega because Cofagrigus already feels so fully evolved; it'd be weird evolving it again. But I think the idea of a mummy pokemon coming from Cofagrigus is the bee's knees.

• A Klang branch evolution that has it look more like a robot.

I'm one of Klinklang's maybe two existing fans in the entire world, but yeah, definitely. I think the Klink family would be really neat as a branch evo family.

I remember pre-Gen V, everybody was speculating all these crazy things for Klang to evolve into, like a robot...
priceless.gif

• An evil Luvdisc foil called Hatedisc (jk), or branch evolutions for Luvdisc: one based on heartbreak that focuses on hitting others hard, and one based on a happy relationship that acts as support.

Still salty Luvdisc didn't evolve into Alomomola (would've been a win-win) (honestly Gamefreak should connect the two pokemon at some point though; it's not too late), but this is kinda cool. I don't see Luvdisc as an offensive pokemon either way though, so maybe this could be Luvdisc as positive team support and Hatedisc as opponent disruption.

• love Beartic, and while I feel they'd likely fuck up on the design, it'd be cool to see it evolve. Maybe into a viking/armored bear? Extra points if it's Ice/Steel.

I mean, like Cofagrigus, Beartic feels like such a complete, fully evolved pokemon already. Maybe a mega? I feel like an evolution would be bizarre.

• Pure Flying cloud Pokemon. Maybe a sheep-cloud based off a sheep cloud.

Cute; I'd be here for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
A white tern. I just found about them today, and they're adorable. They even live in Hawaii, and they're also called "fairy terns" (well, there is another tern species with that same name, but it's not as cute and doesn't live in Hawaii as far as I can tell), which could suggest a fairy typing. They are also called "angel terns", so angel Pokemon maybe? (Their babies are even cuter, too.)

The grass/fire hot pepper I've wanted every generation and still haven't gotten.

To be honest a Pokemon based on the House with chicken legs (Baba Yaga I think) thing would be pretty cool.

tumblr_n5hvfyIP4y1qfug85o1_1280.jpg

I don't care if people would call it a Yokai Watch rip off. :p

I saw a fake rumour a while back that gen 8 would have you visiting a dream world. I think it would be awesome to have a sort of "Dream Zone" where weird dream-like Pokemon showed up.

I've been thinking of some ideas for new Pokemon lately out of boredom. Here's what I've got.

1) A wizard/witch Pokemon that evolves into one or the other depending on gender. I know that Mismagius is our "witch" Pokemon more or less, but since it can be both genders and retain the same appearance, I was thinking more like along the lines of Meowstic. Like having a rather basic-looking base form then evolving into a wizard if male or a witch if female. The base form could be a Psychic type, the wizard would be a Psychic/Fairy or Psychic/Ghost, while the witch would be a Psychic/Dark or Psychic/Fairy. Maybe the wizard form would be more well-rounded, perhaps a bit bulkier in HP and defenses, in terms of stats while the witch would be more like a sweeper. Would probably have Magician as their ability.

2) A lynx-like Pokemon. Maybe it could be a speedy Ground or Rock-type in a similar vein to Lycanroc (at least I assume that's the case with Lycanroc), and since lynxes live in badlands. It could be like a physical sweeper with fragile defenses (reflecting the fact that lynxes are an endangered species). Maybe it could have Sand Rush for its ability.

3) A triceratops Pokemon. We haven't had one yet, though Shieldon (and perhaps Aggron) comes close, so maybe it could be a new fossil Pokemon. I'm thinking it could be heavy in the HP, Attack and Defense stats but a bit sluggish. Maybe a Rock/Steel or Rock/Fighting type. Maybe it can have Sturdy and/or Sand Force for its ability.

4) A harpy-ish Pokemon. Not quite like say Harpie Lady, Papi, or traditional RPG harpies, but more bird-like, like the ones you see in Golden Sun. Maybe it could have talons on its wings that act like pseudo hands while having a more human-shaped avian body, so that way it doesn't look like a standard bird, which we have plenty of. In terms of moves, maybe it would use sound-based moves like Hyper Voice, as well as claw moves like Slash, so it could be a mixed hitter. In terms of type, maybe either pure Flying or Flying/Fairy. In terms of abilities, I'm thinking Aerialate and Gale Wings.

That's about all for now. And sorry if some of these ideas overlap with other people's ideas, I'm too lazy to go through the entire thread to see what has and hasn't been said.

Another idea I just had would be a garter snake. Since they're harmless, would be the second snake Pokemon that's not a Poison-type (Snivy's line counts, right?), so maybe it could be a Normal-type, a Ground-type, or even a Dragon or Grass-type (since they're also called garden snakes). Its abilities could be Shed Skin, Immunity, or Poison Heal. In terms of moves, maybe the standard biting moves (Bite/Crunch), Stockpile and Swallow, Coil, and Dragon Tail. Maybe it could be fast but sturdy, like Serperior is.

a clock based pokemon that causes your oponent to move like it would have truant.

a magic hat pokemon or magician that would be immune to magic, psychic and fairy moves.

Afaik there have not been any rock types announced, that are not part of the lycanroc line. So I'm thinking new fossils (I posted a similar idea before I think)

Rock/Dark Spinosaurus - we haven't had this typing since Tyranitar, it could be really cool

Rock/Electric Velociraptor - I'm thinking more along the lines of the Jurassic Park Velociraptors, so w/o the feathers, or it might look too much like Archeops. Big speed and attack, low defenses.

I just really want the Alola region's fossils to be prehistoric mammals. I don't really care if they are the generic woolly mammoth/saber-tooth cat duo, or something more obscure like a prehistoric rhino and a giant sloth.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom